PDA

View Full Version : Zhulin: The sky high marks Davis/White and Virtue/Moir receive are scary

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8

RumbleFish
12-15-2011, 02:03 AM
I totally agree with everything he said.
Davis White and Shibs are overmarked, and Weaver Poje are underappreciated.

overedge
12-15-2011, 02:42 AM
It is quite obvious the USFSA has learnt the political game these days, as have the Canadians as the scores of Chan and to a lesser degree Virtue & Moir are showing. So much for only the big bag Russian and European empire knowing how to politik which was the myth for years perpetuated by the North American media.

You are on crack.

kittyjake5
12-15-2011, 02:50 AM
Interesting read, thank you for the translation. Of course I do not agree with him about D/W at all, but he is entitled to his opinion. I did not know that I/K left his group twice, I wonder why.

Proustable
12-15-2011, 02:54 AM
The Shibutanis component scores at the GPF were sixth in both segments. Am I misunderstanding him?

And now both Tarasova and Zhulin are negatively commenting about I/K's work ethic.

sliver98
12-15-2011, 02:57 AM
I think the russian coaches should just come out and say I/K are slackers enough of the politically correct terms:lol:

iris81
12-15-2011, 03:05 AM
The Shibutanis component scores at the GPF were sixth in both segments. Am I misunderstanding him?
When Zhulin says he would give them 4s in PCS he means not placement, but marks (like 4.25, 4.5 etc).

Proustable
12-15-2011, 03:06 AM
When Zhulin says he would give them 4s in PCS he means not placement, but marks (like 4.25, 4.5 etc).

Oh, wow, that's lower than any of junior teams at the JGPF. Harsh.

NorthernDancers
12-15-2011, 03:37 AM
Wow. I have to agree with Zhulin 95% on this one. Bang on. I only wouldn't ding the Shibs on PCS quite that much.

jenji124
12-15-2011, 03:41 AM
great interview, thanks for translating. I agree with alot of what he said, spot on.

judgejudy27
12-15-2011, 04:00 AM
I wouldnt score the Shibutanis as low on PCS as Zhulin but a heck of alot lower than they are. Their bronze at Worlds last year almost rivalled the Israelis bronze in 2002 as the worst ice dancing decision.

You are on crack.

Coming from you I take that as a compliment. :lol: If you think the Americans and Canadians are not pushing their top skaters behind the scenes with many of the astronomical scores they get these days (not that it is neccessarily a bad thing, other countries have done it for years) then you are even dumber than I already thought you were.

Casey2
12-15-2011, 04:39 AM
So, giving 6.0s in the previous judging era was a mistake too?

orbitz
12-15-2011, 04:48 AM
So, giving 6.0s in the previous judging era was a mistake too?

Yes in most cases, especially for obviously flawed performances.

marbri
12-15-2011, 04:52 AM
On a less serious note I find it a little :lol: that Zhulin gave V&M the nod for doing a good latin SD considering how some (who revere Zhulin) have claimed it is a disaster and not in the least bit latin :D

t.mann
12-15-2011, 05:25 AM
Love this interview.

VIETgrlTerifa
12-15-2011, 05:33 AM
How come when Marina Anissina and Zhulin bitch about Ice Dance under COP, the general tone of the thread is appreciative and approval, but when Janet Lynn makes similar arguments about COP in general, she's a bitter American who's only angry that American ladies aren't dominating?

No, I haven't compared the posters to see if individual posters are being hypocritical, but I find the different tone of the threads quite interesting. Though to be fair, this thread is only 2 pages long. I'm sure the tone will shift a few times, ;).

Anyway, I find Davis/White to be a hundred times more interesting than Navka/Kostomorov despite the fact that Davis/White aren't finished ice dancers the way Navka was.