PDA

View Full Version : Casting Adult comeptitive skaters in NYC and LA for new reality series

manleywoman
12-13-2011, 10:08 PM
Didn't someone here mention not too long ago that adult skaters (or was it skating fans) would make a great reality show? Saw this posted on Lifeskate today:

Press Release (http://www.lifeskate.com/skate/2011/12/adult-skaters-needed-for-reality-show.html)

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE (December 13, 2011) -- Seeking adult competitive figure skaters in the NYC and LA area for a docu-series for network television

Are you an avid adult skater who loves to compete? Did you start skating as an adult or did you return to skating after some time away? We are interested in casting adult skaters who love to compete, especially in the Interpretive/Showcase events. There is no age limit and we are interested in all levels -- the only criteria is that your love of skating and competition come through!

**We are meeting and filming skaters in the NYC area from December 15 - 19th. We are meeting and filming skaters in the Los Angeles area from December 20 - beginning of January.

If you believe you would be great for the docu-series, please send an email to: TroyRuptash@roadrunner.com. The subject line must read: Adult competitive figure skater. Thank you everyone!

harekrishna43
12-16-2011, 05:35 AM
OMG - Troy was my coach when I did adult competitive skating (20 years ago) -

Will be interested in seeing how this develops!

nubka
12-16-2011, 11:43 AM
Well, it couldn't be any worse than The Batchelor, so bring it on, I say! :D

zaphyre14
12-16-2011, 12:17 PM
If anyone is considering this, I'd advise contacting USFS headquarters first. I know there were issues with the previous incarnation of this show regarding compensation affecting eligibility of competitive skaters. Better safe than sorry.

Frau Muller
12-16-2011, 12:35 PM
Sounds a bit cheesy. What are the gonna call this, In the Icebox....Ice House...Gay Blades of 2012? Wheeeee!

Hedwig
12-16-2011, 01:45 PM
That sounds great. If I were in the area I might consider to apply. :)

Maybe they can do an international thing afterwards. ;)