12-13-2011, 09:29 PM
http://en.rian.ru/sports/20111213/170218066.html

caseyedwards
12-13-2011, 10:43 PM
So not the 14th but the 25th of this month

ItalianFan
12-13-2011, 10:47 PM
http://en.rian.ru/sports/20111213/170218066.html

The article says the cause is "insufficient training". But every interview and article that we have been seeing has talked about how intense his training has been since he overcame his various knee injuries etc! So what is going on here?? Is he no longer going to participate in the Russian nationals??

Vash01
12-13-2011, 11:24 PM
I would be surprised if he appears at the Russian nationals. He has not had much time rehabbing.

Susan M
12-14-2011, 12:24 AM
I would be surprised if he appears at the Russian nationals. He has not had much time rehabbing.
Rehabbing from what? Wasn't the last surgery a year or more ago? Any know what exactly were those vague illnesses and undefined medical procedures the article mentions.?

My guess is what this really means is that he has not been landing his quads consistently. After all his big talk, he can't very well re-enter the fray without one.

Mevrouw
12-14-2011, 12:34 AM
Wasn't there another surgery of some kind on the knee in the last 7 or 8 months?

Nomad
12-14-2011, 12:58 AM
Wasn't there another surgery of some kind on the knee in the last 7 or 8 months?

I seem to remember that, too.

Vash01
12-14-2011, 01:15 AM

That's the one I was thinking of. IIRC after his first surgery he got on the ice too soon, against the doctors' orders, and reinjured his knee, so he had to go back and have another surgery.

Ziggy
12-14-2011, 01:22 AM
The article says the cause is "insufficient training". But every interview and article that we have been seeing has talked about how intense his training has been since he overcame his various knee injuries etc! So what is going on here??

You're confusing two things.

The (self-reported) intensity of training is one thing.

The timeframe is another.

As an example, you could train super intensively for one month but that wouldn't be enough to get competition ready. It's a long-term process.

nubka
12-14-2011, 02:02 AM
:( :( :( :( :( ...

rfisher
12-14-2011, 02:05 AM
I think he just decided to skip a smaller competition that won't really benefit him. Nationals will if he wants to compete at Europeans and/or Worlds. I wouldn't read too much into anything unless he skips Nats, Euro and Worlds.

Ziggy
12-14-2011, 02:43 AM
I think he just decided to skip a smaller competition that won't really benefit him. Nationals will if he wants to compete at Europeans and/or Worlds. I wouldn't read too much into anything unless he skips Nats, Euro and Worlds.

I don't believe we'll see him at Euros and Worlds this season.

FarFarAway
12-14-2011, 05:12 AM
Rehabbing from what? Wasn't the last surgery a year or more ago? Any know what exactly were those vague illnesses and undefined medical procedures the article mentions.?

My guess is what this really means is that he has not been landing his quads consistently. After all his big talk, he can't very well re-enter the fray without one.

He had some problem with his arm a month or so ago too. So may be this was the reason for the insufficient training.

I don't believe we'll see him at Euros and Worlds this season.

Me too. And for some reason I still have doubts that we will see him at the Nationals.

Ziggy
12-14-2011, 05:25 AM
In fact I don't believe we'll ever see him in competition (or Evan for that matter) again.

I think that he either wants to keep his market value up or he's just being delusional. :P

l'etoile
12-14-2011, 05:33 AM
:( Those injuries for skaters are so tiresome. There was an article that said Plush gave up his political position so that he could focus on his training entirely and he doesn't come to me as a "bluffer". IMO his motive and intention to keep on competing is pure and sincere.