PDA

View Full Version : Virtue - Moir #13 - "It's a piss-off"

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

pani
12-13-2011, 03:27 PM
I dont know, what title will be good for the new tread.
I want to post Medals ceremony
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=rwltAl2MOMM

And this Audrey dance on ice
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRjvihwG_T0&list=UU_mW6pb6YadqduOnvxawUpQ&feature=plcp

Interview with Alexandr Zhulin about GPF.
http://sport.ria.ru/interview_sport/20111213/515909379.html
Overall. He think D-W and V-M are in there own level over other teams. D-W show exelant technique, but V-M show magic on ice :) He wish ice dance will go in V-M direction, because they show reall relationships between man amd a woman. He love this in W-P too. He said Tessa and Scott skated brilliant at GPF and prefer V-M latin dance even with fall over D-W.
He said a lot off people love D-W, because they show amazing speed, clean edges. And overall they deserve there marks.

So maybe SC could invite Zhulin to work in Canada on two years?

Emdee
12-13-2011, 04:13 PM
This is precisely what I was thinking. T&S already have great technique - its the inspiration that someone like Zhulin could give them and other canadian ice dancers that could be wonderful.

allezfred
12-13-2011, 04:47 PM
I dont know, what title will be good for the new tread.

"It's a piss off" :saint:

marbri
12-13-2011, 04:52 PM
:lol: at last comment when last thread was closed because I was thinking of ShaeLynn as well when I read through it. They definitely had their low point, the silver lining is they clawed their way back up :D

I disagree with the poster who said "no more GGTIS, latin FD etc.." for them. I think those programs worked very well for them. They could easily rock a sultry blues FD, an Ave Maria with her hair down, a more dramatic piece. I have total faith they could carry off other styles. They just never got the mileage they needed as they were done in years she had surgery and missed competitions.

I think with this FD it's more of a grower. Listening to Nicky Slater on the video from the GPF is a lot more positive then the version of him from their previous GP event. It is even brought up that when he first saw the program he didn't like it has grown on him and he's over his issue with the lack of jacket :lol: One of them points out you don't pick up on the difficulty so much because they dance their way through the steps. Having said that I also agree it's not their best FD. I can understand why Scott is so proud of it and they might think it's their flagship program because they do put 100% into the interpretation, all the little details and nuances, they really commit to it and it shows. And maybe they even skate it too well that it looks too easy ;) Hopefully when they study the numbers and see that transitions is one area they are losing on they might experiment with the stops/dancing in spot and see if that's enough to give it that little extra. I understand the stops choreographically but tinker with them, get rid of that sense of "start and stop" and see if you can still tell the story the way it happens without announcing "NEW SCENE" with the choreography. In fact most fans, commentators and judges have now seen the program so I think it's safer now to tinker.

Just my thoughts as I think the thing that stands out the most between the two programs is the sense that D&W never stop because the music never stops whereas it does in their FD. Watching Die Fledermaus you don't notice the breaks because the music keeps swirling whereas in FF it's in neon lights everytime the music changes. Find a more subtle, flowing way to do this and maybe it will help.

sequins
12-13-2011, 04:55 PM

I vote for this! :lol:

pani
12-13-2011, 05:09 PM
GP event. It is even brought up that when he first saw the program he didn't like it has grown on him and he's over his issue with the lack of jacket

:lol:
I hope they will safethis dancing on one place - it look great. I hope they will put transitions in last part and maybe will made crazy Audrey part longer ;)

marbri
12-13-2011, 05:23 PM
Thanks for the links above pani. Interesting youtube find of the German couple. Nice comments from Zhulin as well (big compliment in there for W&P as well).

IceIceBaby
12-13-2011, 05:43 PM

This please :cool:

frisette70
12-13-2011, 06:07 PM
Zhulin or Shae-Lynn would be great but i was thinking Marie-France and Patrice. They are doing a great job with junior teams and they have a very good relationship with Scott and Tessa.

manhn
12-13-2011, 08:30 PM
I thought Zhulin could only coach Russians leading up to 2014. That's why P&B had to find new coaches.

marbri
12-13-2011, 08:32 PM
Isn't he also busy with skating shows he does in Russia. Remember that being one of the issues people talked about last year, that his time was split.

maggylyn
12-13-2011, 10:22 PM

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to allezfred again.

Vash01
12-13-2011, 10:38 PM

It gets my vote too.

Bournekraatzfan
12-14-2011, 12:42 AM
...they do put 100% into the interpretation, all the little details and nuances, they really commit to it and it shows. And maybe they even skate it too well that it looks too easy ;) Hopefully when they study the numbers and see that transitions is one area they are losing on they might experiment with the stops/dancing in spot and see if that's enough to give it that little extra. I understand the stops choreographically but tinker with them, get rid of that sense of "start and stop" and see if you can still tell the story the way it happens without announcing "NEW SCENE" with the choreography. In fact most fans, commentators and judges have now seen the program so I think it's safer now to tinker.

Just my thoughts as I think the thing that stands out the most between the two programs is the sense that D&W never stop because the music never stops whereas it does in their FD. Watching Die Fledermaus you don't notice the breaks because the music keeps swirling whereas in FF it's in neon lights everytime the music changes. Find a more subtle, flowing way to do this and maybe it will help.

Interesting post. ITA, I love how they attend to every detail--I think that is an area where they really stand out. I really like your insights on the choreography and I think you are right about the start/stop. I think they might change the "strolling section" of S'Wonderful, but I hope they keep the choreography when the lyrics first come in--I think it is genius. and I'sm with pani on preserving the Charleston-like bit at the beginning (if I am correct in assuming that is what you meant, pani). I know speed is difficult to discern on TV, but D&W appear to have greater speed, and judges tend to place a lot of emphasis on speed in all 4 disciplines. V&M also carry great speed, but I think this is one area where D&W will be able to pick up marks in Skating Skills ("power/energy and acceleration") and Performance and Execution (and in the latter, I believe that speed may be favoured over carriage, unison, and clarity of movement, all of which V&M excel at). I noticed that V&M only won the SS by 4 hundredths of a point, and that is an area where I thought they would have had an advantage over D&W. I would have tied them on both transitions/linking footwork and choreography--both teams have intricate programs that really capture the essence of their respective themes and music and perform them very well. They also both have excellent ice coverage. And I favour V&M's ability to articulate rhythm and changes in rhythm, though I think D&W have really improved in this area and I love the rise and fall we are seeing in their waltz contrasted with the more staccato march.
I am really curious about what they will do to maximize their chances of winning. I hope they don't have to sacrifice the integrity of the program in an effort to make it appear more difficult.

Macassar88
12-14-2011, 12:43 AM
I disagree with the poster who said "no more GGTIS, latin FD etc.." for them. I think those programs worked very well for them. They could easily rock a sultry blues FD, an Ave Maria with her hair down, a more dramatic piece. I have total faith they could carry off other styles. They just never got the mileage they needed as they were done in years she had surgery and missed competitions.

As long as they don't do Blues for Kook, I'm happy.