PDA

View Full Version : Will the men's event at Worlds this year be judged fairly?

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5

briancoogaert
12-15-2011, 08:09 AM
So who was the other person who chose the Abbott response? :grope:
I hesitated !

PashaFan
12-15-2011, 12:28 PM
I still think Joubert should have won the 2004 Worlds but everyone is different.
I would have had Plushenko with the Olympic gold in 2010 but none of my mates agreed wih me.
Also in 2002 in Salt Lake City I thought the American should have won silver instead of Plushenko.
At the 2008 Worlds I would have had Joubert with the gold.
That's what's great about Figure Skating-everyone has a different view.
Plushenko V Chan at their best would be good to see.
But there is only one male skater who has my heart............................................. ....Prince Yagudin !!!!

ciocio
12-15-2011, 03:06 PM
Can we add Yagudin to this poll? I would be happy to vote for him. :D:fan21:

Vagabond
12-15-2011, 04:59 PM
So who were the people who chose the one of the first two responses? :blah:

Polymer Bob
12-15-2011, 06:38 PM
Maybe we should look at this from a different angle.
If Patrick is favored by the judges, then WHY is he favored?
What did he do that others did not to gain this favor?

Spazactaz
12-15-2011, 06:45 PM
Michelle Kwan, obvz.

Jarrett
12-15-2011, 06:46 PM
Fairly.. I think the ending placements will be fair and the best skater will win. But I am not so sure about the margin of the win.

Vagabond
12-15-2011, 06:56 PM
Maybe we should look at this from a different angle.
If Patrick is favored by the judges, then WHY is he favored?
What did he do that others did not to gain this favor?

Michelle Kwan, obvz.

He did Michelle Kwan? :wideeyes:

:grope:

judgejudy27
12-15-2011, 07:00 PM
Chan will never be worthy to tie Kwan's skate laces. No matter how many titles he "wins" (which are not really wins but victories all reserved for him the moment his name is put on the entry list anyway) he will never be as beloved, as passionate, as moving, as classy, as complete, as inspirational, and as all around wonderous as she is.

DFJ
12-15-2011, 07:02 PM
Chan will never be worthy to tie Kwan's skate laces. No matter how many titles he "wins" (which are not really wins but victories all reserved for him the moment his name is put on the entry list anyway) he will never be as beloved, as passionate, as moving, as classy, as complete, as inspirational, and as all around wonderous as she is.

Wow!

centerpt1
12-15-2011, 11:33 PM
I think it will be judged fairly according to the current rules.

However, I'm still hoping for ABC.

(anybody but Chan)

Alixana
12-15-2011, 11:37 PM
It doesn't matter who wins, someone somewhere will think it wasn't judged fairly. ;)

sliver98
12-16-2011, 12:19 AM
Chan will win easily he will be at the top of his game at worlds his LP is the most technically difficult Lp ever created under Cop easily.

Aussie Willy
12-16-2011, 11:00 AM
If your favorites win, it's fair.

If your favorites don't win, wuzrobbed!

:)

I voted for Kwan. But I think the above response is the correct one.

berthesghost
12-16-2011, 02:21 PM
But I think the above response is the correct one.I find it actually more often used as a way to dismiss an opinion one disagrees with.

In 88 I was desperate for debi to win. Yet I don't for a second consider her "wuz robbed". But I do think Calgary had some very questionable "reputation judging".

So it's entirely possibly to think judging was questionable without feelings about your favorite's placement factoring in.

But that's not how online skating discussions usually work. If you consider Chen "wuz robbed" in 96, it's not long before you're labeled a "Kwan hater" or a "Chen über" or whatever label is handy to try and discredit your opinion without the hassle of thought or reason. :D