PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Question about Smartphone

overedge
12-13-2011, 03:53 AM
So I got a new smartphone (LG Optimus) and the headphones that came with it have a button with a little picture of a telephone handset, at the Y juncture of the wires.

Can anyone enlighten this technodweeb as to what this button is for? I've looked in the owner's manual and in all the tech support stuff online, but all I can find about the headphones is where to plug them in, which even I could figure out on my own.

All help appreciated before I crawl back into my cave and bang rocks together to send messages.....

Spareoom
12-13-2011, 04:03 AM
Is it a microphone? I don't know those headphones but that's the only thing I can thing of, although it probably isn't.

Prancer
12-13-2011, 04:04 AM
I don't know, as I don't have that, but I'm guessing that you can use the headphones for listening to phone calls as well as audio files? I know some headsets let you switch from one to the other.

Andrushka
12-13-2011, 04:09 AM
I say experiment till you find out ? :)

sk8pics
12-13-2011, 11:17 AM
Is it to actually answer the phone?

rjblue
12-13-2011, 06:28 PM
Mine starts and stop my music when I am listening to it, and also answers the phone (although I can set it up to automatically answer after two rings, when my headset is plugged in.) The wiring is specific to your phone too, because I can't use another brands headset to answer my phone.