PDA

View Full Version : Gala in Ingolstadt

Pages : [1] 2

sus2850
12-12-2011, 10:02 PM
Hi,

at the yearly gala in Ingolstadt in Southern Germany there seems to be an interesting line-up, the German version only lists S/S, but the English version (http://www.eisshow.de/?id=70) says this (I wonder how Adam comes to be there):

Ice Gala 2011
December 18th, 2011 will mark the 16th year of the Media Markt Ice Gala in Ingolstadt, Germany. Without a doubt, the stars of this year's show are three-time World Pairs Champions Aljona Savchenko & Robin Szolkowy of Germany. Also performing to the sensational musical guest stars "Scala & Kolacny Brothers" are: European Champion Sarah Meier, two-time World Jr. Champion Adam Rippon, three-time Canadian Champion Emanuel Sandhu and two-time German Ice Dance Champions Nelli Zhigansina and Alexander Gazsi.

sk9tingfan
12-12-2011, 10:37 PM
Hi,

at the yearly gala in Ingolstadt in Southern Germany there seems to be an interesting line-up, the German version only lists S/S, but the English version (http://www.eisshow.de/?id=70) says this (I wonder how Adam comes to be there):

Ice Gala 2011
December 18th, 2011 will mark the 16th year of the Media Markt Ice Gala in Ingolstadt, Germany. Without a doubt, the stars of this year's show are three-time World Pairs Champions Aljona Savchenko & Robin Szolkowy of Germany. Also performing to the sensational musical guest stars "Scala & Kolacny Brothers" are: European Champion Sarah Meier, two-time World Jr. Champion Adam Rippon, three-time Canadian Champion Emanuel Sandhu and two-time German Ice Dance Champions Nelli Zhigansina and Alexander Gazsi.

Adam last skated in the Gala in 2007. Unfortunately, the youtube video has been removed.

Laney
12-13-2011, 07:28 AM
Wow, that so cool! I'll go there on sunday and m really looking forward to it now! I read in a newspaper that Adam will come, too, but Sarah and Eman are new to me!

sus2850
12-13-2011, 04:43 PM
I still can't quite believe the line-up, I am really tempted to go now. Very long drive though...

Sylvia
12-16-2011, 09:36 PM
I'll go there on sunday and m really looking forward to it now!
Have fun and please report back here afterwards! :)

nuge
12-17-2011, 09:39 AM
I was hoping Delobel/Shoenfelder would skate in this or Denstav :(
Anyone know what Isabelle/Olivier are doing at the moment please ?

Laney
12-17-2011, 12:19 PM
Have fun and please report back here afterwards! :)

Iīll do my best, but only on monday because Iīll stay overnight at my sisters home and wonīt be online. Iīm courious if there will be some more skaters because the cast seems very small to me till now. My siters has been at the rink yesterday and said the skaters arrived but she has no clue whoīs who... :rolleyes: She just recongnized Aljona and Robin.

sk9tingfan
12-18-2011, 10:30 PM
Initial Report from AdamRippon.Ru

http://adamrippon.ru/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=266:concert-on-ice&catid=50:2010-10-07-16-28-24&Itemid=79

Morelli
12-19-2011, 05:23 PM
Do you know if and when this will be on German TV? If anyone knows of any other galas on German TV over Christmas I would be grateful for the times. I can receive German TV in the UK, but not teletext for it, and I don't have TV guide.

Laney
12-19-2011, 07:47 PM
I wrote a loooong review in the afternoon but my PC killed it... I had big problems with FSU all the day, I donīt know what was wrong..Very frustrating! It was a nice show. The highlights for me were Adam Rippon, Emanuel Sandhu, Sarah Meier and Savchenko/Szolkowy. I hope itīs ok the I make a short report about the most important skaters and leave the rest because my time is limited now... Aljona and Robin were the stars of the show. Their first number was to "Santa Claus is coming to town". Itīs an old number for them. They were dressed as Santa Clauses, throw gifts in the audience - a nice, fun number. In the second part they skated to "Hungriges Herz" (hungry heart) by MIA. (The show had live music, so the skaters were supposed to skate to music that was performed, like in Disson shows.) In this number they showed their overall great skating. Nothing spectacular special of them but very nice to watch! Nelli Zhiganshina/Alexander Gashi first performed parts of their last years FD, later to a song of "Kraftwerk". Sarah Meier and Adam Rippon skated to "Nothing else matters". Sarah was beginning and Adam skated the rest :-) He did a GREAT Rippon lutz! In the second number, Sarah skated a more sexy program but it fit her really well. Adams second number was to country music I think. I LOVE his skating ;-) Eman first skated a dancing number, very typical for him. In the second part he was supposed to skate to a German ballad "Junimond" and I loved this number!!! Very ballett-skating, I hope you know what I mean. Long lines, beautiful edges... That was great! Oh and I should mention Team Berlin I, they skated their FP to Zorroīs mask and I really liked it!
After show I was busy to get autographs and backstage photos and was very lucky! Now I love Adam even more, heīs such an incredible nice boy! Really cute. I somehow expected him to be very nice but itīs always great to learn when youīre right. I really hope heīll make the world team this year! So does he as he told me. Heīs really :swoon: Robin was nice as always and Eman was the Diva he is, posed for the photos like a model, very cool and funny! Also got my photos/autographs from Sarah (very nice as always, too), Nelli and Alex. I was a great evening and Iīm happy I made the trip!
The Show is shown on TV but only on a local channel called IN-TV. I donīt have it :-( My sister who lives there has it but no recorder... :rolleyes: But she tries to get me a copy. Until now I havenīt seen any other skating shows on German channels but I would post it in TV Alerts, ok? Usually they show the club show of Berlin on RBB, I think it could be on Jan. 6th but I donīt have a program till this time. Iīll post it when I see it!

sus2850
12-19-2011, 11:34 PM
Thanks for the report, it sounds great! I could not go myself unfortunately.

And Morelli, the gala at Oberstdorf (December 30th) is on German Eurosport. It is shown live on that day from 8.15 pm to 10.45 pm German time on Eurosport 1.

care bear
12-20-2011, 06:19 PM
Look what I found.
http://www.intv.de/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=9013:

The gala will be shown on January 2 in INTV.

sk9tingfan
12-20-2011, 09:52 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WliQY_X0-9U

Sylvia
12-20-2011, 11:17 PM
In the second part they skated to "Hungriges Herz" (hungry heart) by MIA.
I think this is the program by Savchenko/Szolkowy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3o986VqZOg

Thanks for your report! :)

kittyjake5
12-20-2011, 11:29 PM
Thanks for your report. Sounds like it was a great show!