PDA

View Full Version : Voir: GPF free skate finish a "piss off"

Looped
12-12-2011, 07:38 PM
Hello! Longtime listener, first-time poster. . .

Surprised no one is talking about Scott's comments (http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/sports/breakingnews/canadas-olympic-ice-dance-duo-virtue-and-moir-win-silver-at-grand-prix-final-135407983.html) after V/M were nipped in the free skate by D/W.

"It's a piss-off," Moir said. "Sorry, that's as blunt as I can be. We're not happy, we felt like we laid down a good skate and in our opinions a good enough skate to win and obviously we're missing something.

"It's tough to swallow, especially when Tessa and I have had probably our best fall to date and this is the best start of a season that we've had. It was a little easier to swallow when we weren't doing the training or Tessa was in pain, but now that everything's a go, it's a bitter pill to swallow."

Just a bit of a surprise -- these teams are usually so above the fray. Wonder if this will add a chill to the rink when they all return to practice.

peibeck
12-12-2011, 07:48 PM
Wasn't it by 0.05 points? :lol: Plus who knows what might have happened had Scott not fallen in the SD? I think they might have won that portion and then overall.

Nothing really controversial to me in the final result.

ltnskater
12-12-2011, 07:51 PM
O ahahaha, you missed the boat, everyone's been chatting away in the Trash Can forum in the Virtue Moir thread, and Davis White threads.

http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=80864

There's the V/M thread, just go to like, the last 15 pages or so, it's the best to read =D

Loves_Shizuka
12-12-2011, 07:56 PM
Interesting "first" post.

FunnyBut
12-12-2011, 09:00 PM
They seem to be implying that D/W should only be beating V/M if V/M are injured or slacking off. Probably just an off-the-cuff comment that shouldn't have made it to print.

The scoring was so close, as Tanith had said, it just depends on what this particular judging panel was looking for. btw- I thought Tanith did a fantastic job on commenting on two teams that she was both personally close to and her own biggest rivals.

Mevrouw
12-13-2011, 01:05 AM
I've heard from some sources that V&M had step errors in the rhumba pattern too. Not certain and not from my own eyes (as I'm no technik) but it would explain the 5 marks.

walei
12-13-2011, 01:24 AM
Interesting "first" post.

This.

Prancer
12-13-2011, 02:37 AM
There are several threads about this already running in the GPF threads and in the Trash Can.