PDA

View Full Version : Why is Czisny not fined like Flatt was for skating injured?

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5

Susan M
12-12-2011, 08:53 PM
And GPF is not worlds, you don't qualify spots for next year, neither would her withdrawal allow another US Lady to participate(1st alternate was Russian).
It didn't matter anyway, because both Czisny's injury and Asada's withdrawal came too late to plug in the alternates. Ironically, if the Russian girl had been able to take Asada's slot, that once again would have left Nagasu as the alternate left out by Alissa's non-withdrawal. As it was, neither alternate was added.

orbitz
12-12-2011, 08:53 PM
The flip and lutz use the same toe-picking leg. It's weird how the injury prevented her from attempting the flip and not the lutz. I mean I think it did affect her lutz, because those landings were more iffy than usual, but she still went for the lutz.

AYS
12-12-2011, 09:01 PM
The flip and lutz use the same toe-picking leg. It's weird how the injury prevented her from attempting the flip and not the lutz. I mean I think it did affect her lutz, because those landings were more iffy than usual, but she still went for the lutz.
It seemed to affect her jumping in general. However, the flip and lutz definitely feel different to do and you're coming in to the vault from a different angle, so I could see one of them being more painful or difficult depending where the injured part of the muscle is.

triple_toe
12-12-2011, 09:05 PM
lpskater, it's obviously because Czisny is pretty and Flatt isn't. Is that what you were looking for?

victoriaheidi
12-12-2011, 09:36 PM
Haha, as soon as I saw this thread, I was like, "only on FSU..."

peibeck
12-12-2011, 09:38 PM
lpskater, it's obviously because Czisny is pretty and Flatt isn't. Is that what you were looking for?

:confused: Based on lpskater's previous posts she/he seems to be a Czisny fan. I don't think (or hope) the original poster intended this to become (yet another) bash Flatt thread. (Although that is inevitable for FSU I guess.) :shuffle:

Doubletoe
12-12-2011, 09:45 PM

Alissa's lutz is more consistent than her flip, and that's why I think she went for it anyway. She even does her 3Lz+2T in exhibition programs under spotlight, when most ladies opt for an easier jump.

seabm7
12-12-2011, 10:39 PM
Deleted

Iceman
12-13-2011, 12:43 AM
Michelle was injured during practice at the Olympics and Emily was sent in on very short notice. Was there not time for the Russian alternate to get to Canada? Tara said Alissa has reverted to her "old" self, not committing to the jumps and hesitating. I felt the same, but do understand the anticipation of pain could have played a role in that. Alissa really needs to up her technical ante if she wishes to get on future podiums. Was there nothing she could take for her ankle pain?

smarts1
12-13-2011, 01:00 AM
^There was still about a week until the ladies' SP in Torino when Michelle withdrew.

Coco
12-13-2011, 02:09 AM
Was Tom Z ever fined for knowing about Rachael's injury and not reporting it?

burntBREAD
12-13-2011, 03:13 AM
Michelle was injured during practice at the Olympics and Emily was sent in on very short notice. Was there not time for the Russian alternate to get to Canada? Tara said Alissa has reverted to her "old" self, not committing to the jumps and hesitating. I felt the same, but do understand the anticipation of pain could have played a roll in that. Alissa really needs to up her technical ante if she wishes to get on future podiums. Was there nothing she could take for her ankle pain?

Sotnikova was competing in Croatia last weekend.

Coco
12-13-2011, 04:03 AM
I thought part of being alternate meant you were available. So once Sotnikova agreed to compete elsewhere, #8 should have been the alternate.

But I doubt Mirai would have been ready or available on such short notice. It would have been a morbid set of circumstances to gain last minute entry into a championship.

berthesghost
12-13-2011, 04:15 AM
You people are gas lighting me. Mao withdrew on Thursday and it was announced that it was impossible to send an alternate so there would be only 5 skaters. Alissa injured herself on Thursday. Why are we discussing an alternative for Alissa if she had withdrew the same day as Mao?

seabm7
12-13-2011, 06:06 AM
Hmmm, I wonder why the thread is still going.

Legally and logistically, there would have been no replacement for Alissa. The ISU would not allow it. It is not fair for the skaters on the replacement list to be ready for a major international competition with only a few hours of notice. There would have been no rest after a long hours of travel and no ice time for preparation.

When Sandhu withdrew from the Nagano olympics, it was too late for a replacement entry. Buttle could not go to Japan.