PDA

View Full Version : The Blues for Klook HATE thread

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5

BigB08822
12-12-2011, 04:25 PM
I have always loved it, ever since Tabitha Yim used it for her FX during the Olympic season. I think it is one of those songs that can be dreadful but when the right person uses it, it is absolutely mesmerizing. It just pulls me in.

Cheylana
12-12-2011, 04:28 PM
It's not even music.

It sounds like somebody scratching a blackboard.

Screw your uplifting bullshit and start deducting for that! :mad:

I don't hear any scratching noises in the music. :huh:

Bev Johnston
12-12-2011, 05:18 PM
I dislike the blues genre anyway, so yes, I agree that this is wretched. It makes me feel like I should be in a very smoky environment, warm beer in hand, wishing my friends would materialize from wherever they've disappeared, and realizing how tired I'm going to be at work the next day.

I love Daisuke's skating, though. Just wish he had different music.

Jaana
12-12-2011, 06:32 PM
Dislike the music, but Daisuke made it HOT.

Yes, I could not agree more!!! Takahashi´s personality and interpretation of the music makes the entity fantastic.

NinjaTurtles
12-12-2011, 06:50 PM
I love the program! However, to help with the spirit of this thread: When Daisuke first skated the program this GP season (Skate Canada) and the music started, my husband calls from the other room "are you watching an 80's cop drama or Lethal Weapon in there?"

:lol:

eurodance2001
12-12-2011, 06:59 PM
The REAL Queen of Blues for Klook...Silvia Mitova.. Always unique and always underscored...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYvLFeDAMSw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7YU06H5ydU

Daisuke's and U/Z interpretation are HOT... Dai's even more so since he is making us orgasm by his own self.. LOL..

escaflowne9282
12-12-2011, 07:13 PM
I hate this music so very very much.

Seerek
12-12-2011, 07:25 PM
Maybe the distaste is because people are thinking Jerry Seinfeld is going to pop up at any moment during the program and say "What's with that, anyway"?

ltnskater
12-12-2011, 08:01 PM
RFAD in ice dance was one of the reasons why the ISU passed the "uplifting" rule, wasn't it?

And then Weaver and Poje skates to Je suis malade :lol: just sayin..., you can pretty much use whatever music you want, but make the story behind it "uplifting", and it will work!

I think it was the whole collection of solemn funeral music in the free dances at the olympics that factored into that decision... (wasn't there a gunshot in Capellini/Lanotte's FD, or was that another team, but I know he was portraying a druggie at the very least...)

Personally, I loved those free dances, there was the dreamer themed one by P/B that used RFAD, so did D/S, weehee

A.H.Black
12-12-2011, 08:07 PM
Sorry. I liked the music in the '90s when Mitova used it. Liked it when Usova/Zhulin used it (wasn't that the year they won). I like it now with Takahashi skating to it.

This is one of my favorite programs for the last several years. I disagree with the poster that thought Takahashi's choreography wasn't "blues-like" I think he gets the blues part very well.

Willowway
12-12-2011, 09:04 PM
Obviously lots of skater like Blues for Klook. Yagudin used it also in a program (professional, not eligible) that I found incomprehensible. Takahashi made it more digestible for me but only a little.

Dragonlady
12-12-2011, 09:06 PM
Blues for Klook is GORGEOUS! sensual, chill, and -dare I say - orgasmic :smokin: and when someone like Takahashi interprets it... Oh yeah!

What he said!

Moka-Ananas
12-12-2011, 09:15 PM
I hate it, too...can't listen to it...just CAN'T!

FunnyBut
12-12-2011, 09:33 PM
I even enjoyed BFK when Elena Sokolova skated to it. :slinkaway:

aka_gerbil
12-12-2011, 09:42 PM
Usova and Zhulin, Lucinda Ruh, and now Takahashi have done AMAZING things with this music. Takahashi's choreography captures the phrasing and nuance of this music perfectly.

On the other hand, when bad skaters decide to use it, it seems interminable.

U/Z's Blues for Klook is still one of my favorite programs ever. :swoon:

As far as other skaters using it, I'm kind of neutral. Like others have said, it depends on the skater and the choreography.