PDA

View Full Version : Savchenko & Szolkowy or Volosozhar & Trankov

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7

TAHbKA
12-13-2011, 02:36 PM
Can I have Volosozhar/Trankov with Savchenko/Szelkowy's programmes?

rfisher
12-13-2011, 02:43 PM

Wouldn't that be awesome? Although, Stuer choreographed for Volosozhar, he never gave them the same quality of programs as he did for Savchenko. I think he knew Stas wouldn't be able to give them the same result as Robin. But, I'm willing to give Trankov (who pretty much chooses the music) the opportunity to do better. He's smart. He's hungry for gold and he'll learn.

Miruna
12-13-2011, 02:52 PM

I'm not sure they would handle S/S's choreography :D With all the pauses in the program and Maxim still can barely breath at the end of their program.(the injury probably does not let him to train as hard as he would like) Plus, I don't think S/S's choreography would suit them. V/T are a classical pair, I can't imagine them skating to Pina or Pink Panther.In this regard, S/S are a bit more versatile. Not that it's something wrong with being a classical russian pair of course:D But their choreography is mediocre, to say at least. All those arms flailing and pauses detract from the overall effect. The beginning though is stunning! And they have "champions" written all over them

VarBar
12-13-2011, 02:55 PM
S&S, they have mature choreography.
V&T are very good but their swan lake is too mechanical, there is no poetry in their interpretation and their arms movements are not gracious.

My thoughts too.:)

Finnice
12-13-2011, 03:11 PM

Yes, Volosozhar/Trankov with the same quality programs than Savchenko and Szolkowy have would be breathtaking, even though V/T have more classical style. But I get the meaning, TAHbKA.;)

mia joy
12-13-2011, 08:29 PM
Stuer choreographed for Volosozhar, he never gave them the same quality of programs as he did for Savchenko.

True, they were never choreographically as challenging as S/S's, but I for one loved V/M's Pearl Harbor FP, it had music highlights beautifully matched with their twist and throws. I believe had it been with another partner, that program could've actually been a masterpiece. And let me say, that was when Tatiana shined the most for me, even more than now. But maybe it was just because there was such a huge difference in skating quality between her and her partner :lol:
But the pair elements of these two were so incredible... sometimes I wish she could have Stas for lifts and throws and Maxim for the rest of the programs :P

Seerek
12-13-2011, 08:36 PM
Perhaps Volozoshar/Trankov are still focusing more on skating clean programs vs. creativity at this point? Not completely sure.

I thought Volozoshar/Morozov techno SP from 2010 had promise but was never skated to potential. Can't even remember if Mukhortova/Trankov ever attempted a voidy-type program (SP or LP) - Vasiliev seemed to have them rather stagnated program wise.

Kasey
12-13-2011, 10:17 PM
Perhaps Volozoshar/Trankov are still focusing more on skating clean programs vs. creativity at this point? Not completely sure.

I thought Volozoshar/Morozov techno SP from 2010 had promise but was never skated to potential. Can't even remember if Mukhortova/Trankov ever attempted a voidy-type program (SP or LP) - Vasiliev seemed to have them rather stagnated program wise.

The only mildly voidy program from M/T was their SP the year they won Jr Worlds

LilJen
12-13-2011, 11:28 PM
Even if so, the name looks much more Polish than German. Does his mother have any Polish ancestors?

Oh, I was thinking "Szolkowy" looked more Hungarian? In any event, there's always been plenty of mixing around/shuffling between countries and changing of country boundaries so it's probably irrelevant. But I find name origins really interesting.

mia joy
12-13-2011, 11:44 PM
I believe both Polish and Hungarian have the "sz" combination, only they are pronounced differently (if I'm not wrong it's pronounced as a simple "s" in Hungarian and as "sh" in Polish). So yeah, I guess might be Hungarian as well.

Moka-Ananas
12-14-2011, 01:20 AM
not impressed by both teams this season but I still think V/T's programs are better this year.
Don't get the fuss about S/S's Pina program at all.

Loves_Shizuka
12-14-2011, 05:50 AM
not impressed by both teams this season

Did you not enjoy the GPF?

Moka-Ananas
12-14-2011, 01:05 PM
Did you not enjoy the GPF?

well yeah but IMHO, K/S have the best LP by far this season. V/T's Black Swan is nothing special and S/S's Pina doesn't appeal to me at all.

Maybe something's wrong with me :lol:

julieann
12-14-2011, 04:50 PM
well yeah but IMHO, K/S have the best LP by far this season. V/T's Black Swan is nothing special and S/S's Pina doesn't appeal to me at all.

Maybe something's wrong with me :lol:

There's nothing wrong with you. :rofl:

I like Pina but I don't see it as ground breaking as some. And swans in skating is about as far from original as you can get. :rolleyes:

I like V/T's short well enough but it's really no different than skating to a Musak version of Coldplay.

Frau Muller
12-14-2011, 05:21 PM
Love 'em both but I give the edge to S&S. Their PINA free skate concept/choreography/music is in a league of its own. V/T have a lovely free too but not as unique as S/S's.