PDA

View Full Version : Savchenko & Szolkowy or Volosozhar & Trankov

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

oleada
12-12-2011, 04:25 AM
I don't think it's just the music, but rather the moves that go to it and how they interpret it. Therefore, S/S have the best program to me, then K/S.

julieann
12-12-2011, 06:12 AM
Honestly, the best program this year is by K/S. S/S have unique music but to be honest is not that great, V/T have not so unique music and ok choreography. I know people like to talk about how different S/S music really are, but i think they are trying hard to be too different at times. I am not impressed by Music of Pina(don't care even if it goes on to win oscar in music category), they could do better.

:respec:

Vash01
12-12-2011, 06:20 AM
I am wondering what K&S would need (choreographically) to be competitive with S&S and V&T at this point. Performance wise, it's easy- they need to nail everything. Yuko cannot go on making mistakes on the throw 3 loop and expect to beat the top teams. I think their LP is lovely, but is it competitive if they skate it clean and with authority? Adding the throw 4 salchow would help, but what else can they change?

julieann
12-12-2011, 06:30 AM
I am wondering what K&S would need (choreographically) to be competitive with S&S and V&T at this point. Performance wise, it's easy- they need to nail everything. Yuko cannot go on making mistakes on the throw 3 loop and expect to beat the top teams. I think their LP is lovely, but is it competitive if they skate it clean and with authority? Adding the throw 4 salchow would help, but what else can they change?

If they would perform all the elements properly they would have just as high of a base value, but she can't be messing up on the landings and turning triples into doubles. They also need to make one more lift difficult. V/T do two lifts worth 7.15 and K/S do one worth 7.15 and 6.60, that is a lot of lost points. Also they do a pretty easy death spiral they should be doing a BoDS, they are really good at it. They have the best free skate they just need to do it properly. they have a pretty good start to the season already. Although I read one of them has a hurt leg and didn't practice too much after Cup of Russia. I'm surprised their PCS numbers were in the 7s, to me that is too low for SS and TR.

cailuj365
12-12-2011, 06:34 AM
Maybe it's because I haven't been watching figure skating for decades to get sick of it, but Swan Lake is one of my favorite pieces of music. That theme is just golden to me. As a violinist, I would love to play it with an orchestra.

I'm definitely a fan of the choreography in Pina, but IMO, if S/S didn't have Steur, their actual skating probably wouldn't interest me.

Macassar88
12-12-2011, 07:17 AM
My big problem with K/S is that annoying thing they do after their side by side jumps.

oleada
12-12-2011, 07:22 AM
K/s twist is also much weaker than the top two teams. Personally, Yukos lack of tensión in her body and her broken lines really prevent me from liking them.

Miruna
12-12-2011, 07:32 AM
I prefer V&T but they seriously need to add transitions to their programs!

Why? They scored 8.64 for TR while S/S scored 8.75. They don't need ANY transition, or a better program, as long as the judges score them this way. They got positive GOE for their botched last spin in GPF and almost 0 GOE for their 2footed 3S. I'm sorry, I love them, but they are over-scored

Domshabfan
12-12-2011, 07:35 AM
K/s twist is also much weaker than the top two teams. Personally, Yukos lack of tensión in her body and her broken lines really prevent me from liking them.

K/s twist is weak but so is S/S twist that they performed at the GPFs, that was crashy as well. V/T have really good twist, but they have decent choreography nothing spectacular. K/S program are beautiful but yuko keeps on making mistakes unfortunately.

Bournekraatzfan
12-12-2011, 09:22 AM
I agree with Louis, I think S/S are significantly better than the other teams in terms of transitions and choreography and they are not being rewarded for it. I am in awe of what they do. I think their LP is a masterpiece and cannot wait to see it at worlds.
This is the main reason I voted for S/S. Choreographic complexity is so important to me and what S/S do is unbelievably difficult and IMO they are head are head and shoulders above the rest in this area. The fact that they have such solid elements and exquisite skating skills... I really believe they are one of the all-time greats and I believe V&T are headed there as well. They have amazing line, wonderful basics, and are so expressive. I just feel so lucky to witness such superb skaters and such and exciting rivalry. They all seem like great people, too:)

Karpenko
12-12-2011, 09:27 AM
I agree S/S are an all-time great team too, there's really been quite the turn-around the past few seasons in pairs. It kind of just snuck up on us, I think Shen/Zhao returning maybe got it started and now it's been taken to a :wideeyes: level.

I'd venture to say in 4 or 5 years most of us will have both of these top 2 teams in our top 5 or 6 all-time best pairs lists. The field hasn't been this competitive since 2002, and every year it's only going to be bumped up another notch. It's so nice to love pairs and have things that make you :swoon: and :inavoid: again. :cheer: :)

Finnice
12-12-2011, 11:05 AM
I'd venture to say in 4 or 5 years most of us will have both of these top 2 teams in our top 5 or 6 all-time best pairs lists. The field hasn't been this competitive since 2002, and every year it's only going to be bumped up another notch. It's so nice to love pairs and have things that make you :swoon: and :inavoid: again. :cheer: :)

Yes! I have loved S/S so long, I am very happy that V/T found each other, S/S have better programs this season, but for me it is impossible to decide... Or maybe I am one of those who prefer V/T because Maxim is so:swoon::o

rfisher
12-12-2011, 11:11 AM
Oh, I know. But a further corolary to that is that they have Morosov as a choreographer, so it's doubtful that they'll get much better. And given that they're getting sky high PCS now anyway, why should they? Just get those elements and levels up and wait for S/S err.

They only used him this year. That may not be the case in the future. :lol:

Zemgirl
12-12-2011, 12:48 PM
They only used him this year. That may not be the case in the future. :lol:
I thought he also did their LP last year? In which case, one can only be grateful that they weren't given Pirates, too. I can maybe buy Tatiana as Elizabeth Swann, but Max as either Jack Sparrow or Will Turner would be a bit much. :D

Loves_Shizuka
12-12-2011, 02:34 PM
Both are wonderful gifts to pairs skating and skating in general. I appreciate all the qualities both teams bring, and particualrly enjoy the fact they have contrasting styles.

Let they stay in shape for years to come! :D