PDA

View Full Version : Savchenko & Szolkowy or Volosozhar & Trankov

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7

cailuj365
12-11-2011, 05:57 AM
Gah, both teams are fantastic that it's really hard to choose. (FSU agrees. Exactly 50/50 split in this poll at the moment!) I chose V/T, because I prefer their more classic style and they have some of the best elements I've ever seen. Watching them is exciting, especially knowing that they're still a growing team. I completely respect S/S though, and I love their current Pina FS as well as Schindler's List from a few years ago. Until V/T, they were the only pairs team that were semi doing it for me.

pumba
12-11-2011, 06:59 AM
For me S/S for their amazing opening and closing throws, versatility and very often - a masterpiece programs.
V/T on the other hand have probably one of the best twists ever and both are gorgeous skaters with wonderful skills and one the best posture of all currently competing pairs. They do really lack in cool programs though.
So S/S by now but the margin is very narrow and I think V/T have enough time to realize their great potential by Sochi.

Macassar88
12-11-2011, 08:16 AM
I love S and S. I really want them to win gold in Sochi especially after what happened to them in their beautiful Out of Africa FS in Vancouver.

Zemgirl
12-11-2011, 08:41 AM
S/S. I love how innovative they are and how they challenge themselves artistically and technically.

I was very excited about the V/T pairing when it was first announced (I'd hoped it would happen) but I really don't like the direction they're going in artistically.

Karpenko
12-11-2011, 08:44 AM
Overall I respect S/S more because of their longevity, creativity, and always trying to push themselves.

But honestly, V/T are an all-time best team in the making, and they've only been competing in ISU for 1 year. They legitimately almost beat a clean competition S/S, it's really something unreal how quickly they are developing. The way they looked at this GPF was a way more developed pair than the performances at Worlds last year. I think with two more years they will be getting 10's. Lot's of them. And they honestly might deserve a lot of them. They combine power, finish, grace, and beauty as well as any team that I've ever seen. And they do each skill so well that all you can do (besides trash the choreography) is nit-pick tiny little details here and there. And they haven't even been together 2 years. Two years from now they'll have over twice as much experience as we saw in their performances today, and if we see performances twice as good as today in Sochi from them I'll be the first to call them the best pairs team of all-time.

There is still so much they can work on and so much to be done, but the potential in them for growth when they're already deservedly scoring very high and being legitimate World champion contenders is crazy. If there has ever been a sky's the limit slogan for any team I've ever seen, it's V/T.

Vash01
12-11-2011, 08:46 AM
I prefer V&T. This is only their second season together. In a couple more seasons they should be even better. They have all the tools to win championships..... Keeping my fingers crossed that they stay healthy for many years.

I did not like S&S in the past. I like their programs this season, but still dislike the opening and closing pose of their LP.

robinhood
12-11-2011, 02:33 PM
I can't choose, sorry. The existence of both is good for us all, and they're so different!
Hope both teams stay injury free and challenge themselves these next seasons.

I'll pick Ingo, Robin and Max though:smokin: for my night pleasures if you won't mind

floskate
12-11-2011, 02:43 PM
I love both teams but V&T's skating has the style that appeals to me most. It's a shame their SP is so horrid and the LP, which is good, is just not on the same choreographic level as S&S. I was surprised it was as close as it was last night so with better programs and more mileage, who knows what V&T are capable of? It was just so great to see two pairs delivering like that. Hopefully the rivalry between them will continue to bring the best out of each partnership. We, the fans, are the lucky ones who get to witness it. :cheer:

museksk8r
12-11-2011, 02:46 PM
Impossible choice; I can not participate. I love them both in equal measure for different reasons! I root for them both to do their very best! :swoon::cheer2::encore:

I'll pick Ingo, Robin and Max though:smokin: for my night pleasures if you won't mind

Yes, throw Smirnov into the mix and let the good times roll! :hat1::swoon:

Hanna
12-11-2011, 03:25 PM
If I had to compare S&S during their second season (05-06) and V&T (11-12) I'd pick V&T.

Funny that you mention 05-06 as an example (I mean, I do see "why" - their second season compared to V/T's second season). That was the year when I completely fell in lurrrrrve with S/S because of their marvellous Camera SP (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2M-BTorUZVE). I thought that program was the first sign of what was to come - first sign of their originality and unique transitions, which, until that point, were pretty nonexistant in pairs skating. IMO.

briancoogaert
12-11-2011, 03:58 PM
I prefer Savchenko&Szolkowy because I love their unique style and I've loved so many of their programs. I prefer Volosozhar&Trankov's skating actually. But I don't particularly like any of their program.

briancoogaert
12-11-2011, 03:59 PM
Funny that you mention 05-06 as an example (I mean, I do see "why" - their second season compared to V/T's second season). That was the year when I completely fell in lurrrrrve with S/S because of their marvellous Camera SP (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2M-BTorUZVE). I thought that program was the first sign of what was to come - first sign of their originality and unique transitions, which, until that point, were pretty nonexistant in pairs skating. IMO.
One of the best SP ever. For me, the first program that made me think CoP was not that bad, after all. :)

sequins
12-11-2011, 04:23 PM
Like many, I love both teams and the only reason I voted for S&S is because of the experience, they've been around longer and there's more for me to judge on. However V&T are fab and I can't wait to see them progress. So ask again after the 2014 Olys:)

orbitz
12-11-2011, 04:36 PM
S&S :encore:

Both teams are judged so close now that neither team can afford to make a mistake when going against each other. It would be nice to see V&T try more challenging music and choregoraphy and stay away from the somewhat garish outfits that distract from their lines.

Cherub721
12-11-2011, 04:51 PM

I love that SP. :) S&S were much sloppier at that time though, that's why I said I prefer V&T at this point in their career.

Interesting how many people in this thread said they prefer V&T as skaters, but S&S' programs. It's crystal clear what V&T need to do. Drop Nikolai Morozov from their team.