PDA

View Full Version : Jeremy Abbott Uber Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

DinDonShamu
12-10-2011, 03:56 AM
I know there is a Jeremy's program thread but I just want to open something to uber for a few days (or maybe just for a few minutes) :o

OMG OMG Did everyone see his GPF performance tonight? It was AWESOME :respec:, SUBLIME :swoon:. It surpassed almost anything else I've ever seen and right there with Chan's Tango and Yagudin's Winter! I can't believe I'm falling IN LOVE with a short program yet again!

Hope he does well and make the podium tomorrow ... Jeremy! :cheer2: :kickass:

briancoogaert
12-10-2011, 10:43 AM
A-MA-ZING !
I love Jeremy, but it was even more with his SP at GPF. He looks so comfortable, even with the mistake on the first jump.

jiggs
12-10-2011, 10:53 AM
I am joining the Uber thread. Love love love Jeremy this season, especially his long program. I really hope he can skate it to its full potential!! It's truely a piece of art!

OrioleBeagle
12-10-2011, 11:00 AM
Jeremy is awesome! I love his artistry!
FSUers need to do something special for him at Four Continents!

Cyn
12-10-2011, 02:45 PM
Jeremy may be in second place right now, but he was the STAR of the SP last night :encore:.

GOOOOOOO Jeremy!! :cheer2: :respec: :cheer2:

I'm going to be a freaking mess during the FS - I need to see if I can find a valium or something to take beforehand :rofl:. I want so badly to see his Muse program skated to its fullest potential as it is an absolute masterpiece. I wasn't a blubbering mess the first time I saw it, but I definitely had some tears in my eyes when it was done. It has absolutely sublime skating and choreography that is so organic, that when you combine it with Jeremy's emotion, and soul that comes through in his expression, it's bloody gorgeous. Dai's FS is great, don't get me wrong (his NHK performance of it was briliant), but it doesn't reach into me, grab my heart, and wring it to the point that I'm choked up at its end.

I posted this in the PBP thread, but I've put my money where my mouth is - if Jeremy can win (or get silver, since Chan can apparently win with 8 zillion mistakes :rolleyes: ), win Nats, and medal at Worlds, I will quit smoking cold turkey.

No pressure, Jeremy :lol:.

shine
12-10-2011, 03:28 PM
I'm a freaking uber. The FS also brings tears to my eyes. The ice is a canvas, and Jeremy is the artist - now I finally know what that truly means. I think I've come to understand and accept the fact that real artists will never be consistent skaters. And I'll just enjoy the ride that Jeremy is taking me on and rejoice in whatever accomplishments that he will achieve - both competitively and artistically. To me, he's SUCH an amazing skater, the once-in-a-life-time type.

dinakt
12-10-2011, 07:04 PM
Sign me up. I am totally Jeremy's uber. Love his musicality, his line, his edges, his program choices, his uncompromising artistry.

modern_muslimah
12-10-2011, 07:15 PM
I have loved Jeremy since 2008 Nationals. Like others have noted he is so musical and so fluid on the ice. Plus, he has this emotional connection with his programs that I haven't seen since the Kween was skating. His SP is AMAZING and his LP is just...there are no words to describe how beautiful and magnificent it is. I really hope he can perform it to its full potential tonight. Also, I am glad the judges are finally rewarding his awesome skating! :respec: Only a point behind Chan and a point ahead of Dai on PCS? I never thought I would see the day!

IceAlisa
12-10-2011, 07:23 PM
I think I've emailed Jeremy's FS to anyone who'd ever expressed a shred of polite interest in skating. :lol:

dinakt
12-10-2011, 07:24 PM
His SP is AMAZING and his LP is just...there are no words to describe how beautiful and magnificent it is. I really hope he can perform it to its full potential tonight. Also, I am glad the judges are finally rewarding his awesome skating! :respec: Only a point behind Chan and a point ahead of Dai on PCS? I never thought I would see the day!

Yes! It is so great to see Jeremy getting such enthusiastic response this year from the audiences, and from the judges.

dinakt
12-10-2011, 07:26 PM
I think I've emailed Jeremy's FS to anyone who'd ever expressed a shred of polite interest in skating. :lol:

I was thinking of putting Jeremy's LP and Carolina K's SP on my facebook with big letters: "Why I am crazy about skating". I should. I will.

modern_muslimah
12-10-2011, 07:28 PM

Hey I think that is a good way to get more figure skating addicts fans in the world. :lol:

lauravvv
12-10-2011, 07:34 PM
I think I've emailed Jeremy's FS to anyone who'd ever expressed a shred of polite interest in skating. :lol:Good :respec: :).

briancoogaert
12-10-2011, 07:49 PM
I was thinking of putting Jeremy's LP and Carolina K's SP on my facebook with big letters: "Why I am crazy about skating". I should. I will.
I did at the beginning of the season !

skatesindreams
12-10-2011, 07:52 PM
I've been an "uber" where he's concerned, for a long time!