PDA

View Full Version : Does Alissa Czisny need a new choreographer?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5]

vodkashot
12-12-2011, 10:18 PM
I don't think Czisny is capable of handling complex choreography and landing her jumps at the same time.....

Jammers
12-12-2011, 10:25 PM
Seems like Alissa can only skate to a certain type of music. She's the perfect example of the pwetty princess that the US loves. But with COP you need more and Alissa has a hard enough time landing her jumps without doing something complex. I wonder sometimes how she lands her jumps since she's not exactly a power skater bu instead seems rather fragile.

neptune
12-13-2011, 02:47 AM
Seems like Alissa can only skate to a certain type of music. She's the perfect example of the pwetty princess that the US loves.

That's what I always thought too, but have you heard the music from her new exhibition number???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgJQ7_G3nQw

Perhaps she's sending a subliminal message about how she feels about all the complaining with the title as well!! :lol:

arakwafan2006
12-13-2011, 03:53 AM
Her SP is okay this year. I just don't enjoy her LP this year that much. IMO her LP last year was different for her, which shows that she can do different. I think she just might be going into her comfort zone because she was planning on upping her technical ante.

FAIL!

Artifice
12-13-2011, 02:08 PM
Now that we've seen how pretty and gracefull Alissa is, it's time for her to change and explore new expression and choreography. She is old and mature enough to make the step.

RD
12-13-2011, 03:44 PM
She needs to do one thing, and one thing only. If she does this one thing, she'll be fine- I swear it.

V
V

LAND THE JUMPS!!!!

Triple Butz
12-13-2011, 07:56 PM
She needs to do one thing, and one thing only. If she does this one thing, she'll be fine- I swear it.

V
V

LAND THE JUMPS!!!!

In terms of just results, sure. But she is such a musical and mature skater, that some of us would like to see her put those skills to better use. I'm okay with her sp, quite charming. I actually love her LP music/edit. It could definitely draw an audience in with the right choreography. Or any choreography...

I wonder why nobody ever uses Sibelius 2, or the violin concerto?

VIETgrlTerifa
12-14-2011, 04:46 AM
I guess I don't mind the much abhorred "pretty princess" routine because it's sort of in the minority now and it's nice to see a skater who pays attention to details like line and finishing off moves that's lacking now.

Artifice
12-14-2011, 01:08 PM
I think she actually needs to challenge herself choreographically wise because her "easy" balletic-pwetty-princess style will not old against a Carolina's choreography, only to point the other pwetty-princess on the market but this last actually challenge herself in the choreographic area.

Landing the jumps will not be enough if others skate well, IMO.

aliceanne
12-14-2011, 03:31 PM
I'm glad you think balletic skating is so easy. Holding deep knee bends and extended positions is actually very tiring, especially for a skater who is challenged in the area of flexibility. Sometimes frantic motion is used to disguise this shortcoming.

As far as lack of variet in choreography, you could say that about a lot of skaters right now. It is one of the much discussed downsides of COP.

leapfrogonice
12-14-2011, 03:42 PM
I'm not sure a new choreographer would really make a big difference. Her music choices are well suited to her. She seems to have found a path to greater jump consistency. Have never really thought she has all that much range regardless of what she is skating to. Her current team seems to be finding a way to keep enough factors under control for her to be doing well enough.

Karpenko
12-15-2011, 07:08 AM
Nope, she just needs a new leg.

AndyWarhol
12-15-2011, 09:09 AM
I find her "bland" choreography lovely compared to the masses of flailing arms and ugly positions. Pweety princesses all the way!!