PDA

View Full Version : Ingo Steuer: "Main thing is not to stand in Savchenko's way"

Pages : 1 2 [3]

kwanfan1818
12-17-2011, 04:50 AM
She uprooted and moved countries for a reason.
She uprooted and moved countries because she was partnerless. Morozov retired due to injury and became a coach. He only started to compete again because when he was coaching Tatiana Volosozhar, she had no partner.

hanca
12-17-2011, 11:30 AM
But given his talk of money problems, I would think choreographing would be a great solution for him. I really would be curious what he could come up with for a dance team or a singles skater.

Steuer talking about money does not have to mean that he has lack of it. It may just mean that he feels underappreciated by German Federation, getting them all those medals and not getting paid properly (or not getting paid at all or whatever he is getting and not getting). If you do a good job, you want to be paid adequately. But it does not have to have reflection on your financial situation. You don't have to be poor to want to be paid for a job you have done.

bek
12-17-2011, 01:58 PM
Steuer talking about money does not have to mean that he has lack of it. It may just mean that he feels underappreciated by German Federation, getting them all those medals and not getting paid properly (or not getting paid at all or whatever he is getting and not getting). If you do a good job, you want to be paid adequately. But it does not have to have reflection on your financial situation. You don't have to be poor to want to be paid for a job you have done.

Well absolutely there.

easilydistracte
12-20-2011, 11:41 PM
Just to clarify, the first line is Vaitsekhovskaya, the second Steuer, right? So the sorta sexist bit comes from her, not from Ingo, whose point is just that both partners can't be the "leader" of the team or the team will consistently butt heads and not be successful. I don't think there's anything controversial about that. If anything in this interview was offensive, IMO, it was Vaitsekhovskaya's repeated insinuations that Robin isn't a good enough partner for Aliona.
It does seem as if the interviewer is trying to get Steuer to say that Robin is just the hired help. (Oh, brother!)

By the way, I would have loved to have seen how their SP would have been if Steuer had choreographed it so Robin was the powerful and warlike Archangel and Aliona was the powerful and seductive Demon. Just a thought.