PDA

View Full Version : Mao Asada Withdrew from GPF - UPDATE - Mao's Mother has passed away :(

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22]

jatale
12-15-2011, 10:51 PM
Thanks, you are right, Akiko is having a good year and she will definitely be a contender to win the championship.

skatesindreams
12-15-2011, 11:01 PM
Mao will be dealing with the challenge of her own emotions; but, many thousands of people will be supporting her throughout the championships, and during the rest of the season.

love_skate2011
12-15-2011, 11:01 PM
condolence to the Asada Family :(
and hopefully Mao acan make it through in her difficult time in her life and come back strong

mkats
12-16-2011, 01:14 AM
Oh, here's where I read it earlier this year: http://fuyu-no-ohimesama.blogspot.com/2011/01/my-fate-is-mostly-decided.html

Aww, Mao, she sounds like such a lovely girl. I love how she kept talking about food everywhere she went. :lol: (((Mao)))

feraina
12-16-2011, 02:06 AM
Aww, Mao, she sounds like such a lovely girl. I love how she kept talking about food everywhere she went. :lol: (((Mao)))

I know. She's so funny! :swoon: She said the Korean spicy rice changed her whole mindset at one point. That's amazing. And she remembers the gelato she had between the SP and FS in Torino. :lol:

Lavergne100
12-16-2011, 03:28 AM
I feel the same as you...Poor Mai and Mao....What wonderful girls she raised...so selfless...I lost my mom in 2004 (to heart disease at age 84) and I felt like I was in a coma for the next 6 months. I'm a private citizen. I can't imagine a young woman going through this in the eye of the media, especially these days.

ostile17
12-16-2011, 10:34 PM
Carolina is such a beautiful person with a big heart.

Sure...fine...whatever!

galaxy
12-17-2011, 03:12 AM
There's one thing I'm concerned about her competing at Japanese Nationals. Enormous media attention will focus on her, how she will handle emotions and how she will skate. I hope that won't be too much, for the sake of her and other skaters.

midori
12-17-2011, 05:07 AM
There's one thing I'm concerned about her competing at Japanese Nationals. Enormous media attention will focus on her, how she will handle emotions and how she will skate. I hope that won't be too much, for the sake of her and other skaters.

Yes I am also concerned about that.

Mao's management says that she'll have a press conference before the Nationals to ask media for letting her alone for now.

I mean, does she have to have a press conference BEFORE the competition? Seriously?

loulou
12-17-2011, 12:47 PM
Sure...fine...whatever!

This line was unexpected and made me laugh out loud.

Mao's management says that she'll have a press conference before the Nationals to ask media for letting her alone for now.

It's more than likely japanese press knew about mum Asada's condition.
And yet they never mentioned it (were they extremely respectful on their own or were they kind enough to obey a request?).

I think we can safely assume they're not treating this as any other news. Which should be reassuring.

skatesindreams
12-17-2011, 04:11 PM
It won't be easy.
However, if there is one occasion when Mao will have the support of the whole world, including the media, it will be this one.

galaxy
12-22-2011, 04:17 PM
Mao's press conference just before Nationals. It was held about 5 hours ago. She looks calm. :respec:
She says she restarted training on 13th and never thought of skipping Nationals. She also says she wants to do her best to show good performances to people.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rDxJqYT6u4

Jeschke
12-22-2011, 04:29 PM
Mao's press conference just before Nationals. It was held about 5 hours ago. She looks calm. :respec:
She says she restarted training on 13th and never thought of skipping Nationals. She also says she wants to do her best to show good performances to people.

itīs really nice to see her.
she seems to be very strong and i hope she can deliver good performances at nationals.

loulou
12-22-2011, 07:28 PM
Mao's press conference just before Nationals. It was held about 5 hours ago.

I think I had never seen Asada in heels. The girl can't help looking beautiful.

galaxy
12-23-2011, 06:38 AM
I appreciate the way media people treated her at the press conference.
The same interviewer (woman) kept asking her questions in a nice, warm and positive mood. They seemed to be avoiding provoking emotional and sentimental feelings of her. The questions were mostly about her preparations, plans and wish for the Nationals.