PDA

View Full Version : IMPROV-ICE on Dec. 15; NBC broadcast on Jan. 15, 4-6 pm EST

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]

aftershocks
01-18-2012, 08:05 PM
If you have a sense of humor, a capacity for tolerance, a love for wonderful skating, an understanding of the ridiculous nature of life and the fantastic ironies of fs, how can you help but love Johnny, or at the very least enjoy watching him and listening to him? :D

Thanks for your input REO. I doubt Johnny picked every single piece of music he skated to in his competitive career, especially early on. I agree I didn't like or understand all of his music choices particularly his not going with Liebestraum circa 2005 - 2006, and the choices for 2008 - 2009 season. Hey, but many of the early choices and some of the later choices were great (Dr. Zhivago, Valse Triste, Otonal, Rondo Capriccioso, The Swan, Love Is War), and especially many of the selections for his exhibitions were imaginative and quite successful (e.g., Imagine, My Way, Nature Boy, Ave Maria).

aliceanne
01-18-2012, 08:38 PM
I didn't read anything into Johnny's comments other than he wasn't familiar with Styx and didn't know what to expect. Styx was probably thinking the same thing about the skaters.

aftershocks
01-18-2012, 08:45 PM
^^ This!

Great event. Great cast. Fun music. Subpar but business as usual camera coverage/ editing.

AJ Skatefan
01-18-2012, 11:06 PM
I didn't read anything into Johnny's comments other than he wasn't familiar with Styx and didn't know what to expect. Styx was probably thinking the same thing about the skaters.

LOL. I'd bet that Styx didn't know who any of the skaters were. I don't imagine they're figure skating fans. It looked like both the skaters and the Styx guys were pleasantly surprised at how it all worked. I really enjoyed this show.