PDA

View Full Version : Russian Nationals Ladies Medals Poll

Pages : 1 [2]

dinakt
12-13-2011, 02:35 AM
I want Leonova to win Nationals. She showed great determination to stay relevant, and I admire that. I also would love Alena to finally win a medal at Europeans ( silver would be nice- Gold, in my mind, should go to Kostner).

I think Russian Nationals podium will be Alena, Liza, Adelina; with Alena, Polina Shelepen' and ? ( Korobeinikova or Biryukova) going to Europeans. I prefer Korobeinikova, but I like them both.

pinky166
12-13-2011, 08:03 AM
Polina K is good but not great IMO. I love Biryukova and I think she's a contendor for a Euros medal for sure if she goes. Shelepen is also very strong and a Euros medal contendor. Has Polina K. ever beaten either? Last year at Nationals Biryukova was 6th, Shelepen 7th, and Koro 10th. At junior Nationals, Shelepen won silver, Biryukova 6th, and Koro finished 11th.

As far as ISU high scores go-
11 166.07 Sofia BIRYUKOVA
13 162.34 Polina SHELEPEN
27 151.18 Polina KOROBEYNIKOVA

After 5 stages of the Russian Cup- the top scores are:
Sotnikova 196
Shelepen 187
Lipnitskaya 185
Tuktamysheva 179
Makarova 172
Gerasimova 169
Medvedeva 163
Biryukova 162
Radionova 160
Korobeinikova 159
-------------

So any way you slice it- Koro finishes behind at this point. I'd be pretty surprised if she made it to Euros or Worlds...but she's not too far off either.

Polina K has made a lot of progress technically this season. Last season, she had no 3lz and the 3f was a new jump for her, this season she has 3lz as well as 3f-3t and 2a-3t combos, so that makes a big difference. She also seems to be getting more consistent. At this point, Shelepen is more consistent and Biryukova is more artistic, but if they were all at their best, I think Korobeynikova could come out on top because she has the combination of jumps and artistry, when she delivers. We shall see. It will be a very intense competition for sure!

leapfrogonice
12-14-2011, 03:49 PM
Will be interesting to see how high the scores go at nats given all the technical fire power that is a given, but the more balanced pcs marks given out internationally

Frau Muller
12-14-2011, 05:31 PM
Tuk, Leonova & Lip. I think that Lip will win, although I personally prefer Tuk, when all skate cleanly.

Gosh, it's amazing how Makarova has fallen in people's estimations this season. I guess that diamonds are not a girl's best friend?

aliona22
12-14-2011, 06:13 PM
can i pick Ovcharova? :inavoid: