PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Amazing Race Winners

Pages : [1] 2

Beefcake
12-06-2011, 12:11 AM
Since this season's Race final 3 doesn't seem to have us cheering wildly or nervousing for any of them in particular, I was thinking back to seasons where the excitement level was very amped. Most seasons, I REALLY wanted a team or two to prevail ... and/or a team to fail fail fail!

So, which of these past Amazing Race winning teams were your favorites?

smurfy
12-06-2011, 02:13 AM
Can one vote for Zach and not Flo?

gingercrush
12-06-2011, 02:21 AM
I don't know. Reichen & Chip probably. Least favourite would have been so much easier. So many galling choices to choose from.

KHenry14
12-06-2011, 02:41 AM
Its interesting that so many of the favorite/memorable/best teams didn't win. I went for Nat and Kat because they were just so solid a team.

BTW, - points for mentioning the team from the Season that Shall not be Named. ;)

shan
12-06-2011, 02:43 AM
I wanted to vote for Flo and Zach just for :EVILLE: but I just couldn't do it!

Fridge_Break
12-06-2011, 02:49 AM
Flo was such an epic disaster that it was amazing. Kind of like Blades of Glory.

shan
12-06-2011, 02:51 AM
I can't remember anything from S3 except how whiny she was.

gingercrush
12-06-2011, 03:49 AM
At least she Flo did things. Unlike Kim who did essentially nothing. I do wish that Teri & Ian won though.

taf2002
12-06-2011, 03:59 AM
I don't watch the show but there was a black couple who I think won season 1. The wife worked for my company & she took a leave of absence to do the show, then when they won, she took a year off, but she never came back. If someone said the name I think I would remember it. I know a lot of my coworkers watched that season & were pulling for them.

skatemomaz
12-06-2011, 04:31 AM
I don't watch the show but there was a black couple who I think won season 1. The wife worked for my company & she took a leave of absence to do the show, then when they won, she took a year off, but she never came back. If someone said the name I think I would remember it. I know a lot of my coworkers watched that season & were pulling for them.

Season 1 winners were alpha males, Rob and Brennan. Perhaps you are thinking of Uchenna and Joyce, season 7? She famously shaved her head at a roadblock in India, her husband (Uchenna) didn't have to because he was already bald. :rofl: They returned for an all-star season but were eliminated when they made a disastrously bad choice on a connecting flight, coming in almost 24 hours after the rest of the teams.

Jenna
12-06-2011, 04:52 AM
Uchenna and Joyce! I was so happy for them, especially since they beat out Rob and Amber!!

Habs
12-06-2011, 05:36 AM
I loved TK and Rachel, but I can't vote for the Beige 3fer option. :lol:

KikiSashaFan
12-06-2011, 06:00 AM
I'm still bitter Kris and Jon didn't win and I can't vote for them.

Beefcake
12-06-2011, 03:14 PM
Kiki, I'm going to follow this one up with a "Favorite Amazing Race Runners-up" poll (i.e. those who ran the final leg* but came up short) ... will include most of my favorites too ... Kris & Jon, the Cowboys, Schmirna :P ...

... and of course the Widow Weaver and her lovely kids :scream:

*Heck I might go down to 5th place to pick up the Chas and Ma & Pa. My poll, my rules!

genevieve
12-06-2011, 03:17 PM

Season 1 winners were alpha males, Rob and Brennan. Perhaps you are thinking of Uchenna and Joyce, season 7?

I'm guessing it's Kim from Season 5

Chip did all but one of the Roadblocks, and next season the rules was put in place that each member could only do a maximum of 6 Roadblocks in the race.