PDA

View Full Version : New Interview with Kyoko Ina.

Lis
12-05-2011, 10:30 AM
Really wondered what she has been up to:

Kyoko Ina: "I don't think anyone ever really commits to coaching, it just sort of happens."

http://www.absoluteskating.com/index.php?cat=interviews&id=2011kyokoina

The Observer
12-05-2011, 10:37 PM
It's too bad how close Kyoko came at both the Olympic and World level without getting to the top. She almost made it onto the Olympic podium, and won a World bronze with John in their last competition, but had one or two things gone differently, she could have been even higher.

Octoberopals
12-07-2011, 04:35 AM
Thanks for the informative link. I've wondered what she was doing. I'm glad she is happy & involved in skating.

skamper23
12-07-2011, 05:13 AM
Umm, was this interview done Dec 2011? Because Kyoko & John are listed in THIS years Stars On Ice in Opening in Lake Placid in a couple of weeks...and she didn't mention it. She talked about last years SOI. Now I'm wondering if they are really going or be there or not...she says they haven't really practiced together...they would need programs by the end of this month:(

I wish her all the best with coaching. It seems like a natural thing to move on to. I always thought she'd of made a great commentator for skating too!

maureenfarone
12-07-2011, 03:54 PM
Thanks for the link. Enjoyed catching up with Kyoko.

Garden Kitty
12-07-2011, 04:03 PM
Umm, was this interview done Dec 2011? Because Kyoko & John are listed in THIS years Stars On Ice in Opening in Lake Placid in a couple of weeks...and she didn't mention it.

In the interview, she says "I love it here" referring to being at Nebelhorn, so I assume the interview was during that event. I'm not sure if the SOI cast had been announced at that point.

Thanks for the interview. I was surprised to see her coaching at Nebelhorn as well, so it's nice to get some background.