PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on a few Russian skaters

Civic
12-04-2011, 02:00 AM
Alyona Leonova is very pretty. I've read about her here and elsewhere for the past few years but never got a closeup look at her until this afternoon's Russia Cup broadcast. Given how lovely she is and her coach's reputation, I have to ask if she and Morozov are an item?

I agree with Michael Weiss that Artur Gachinskii would do well to develop his own style on the ice. If I were him, the first order of business would be to change my hairstyle and color. I noticed he has dark roots so it maybe as simple as cutting his hair very short and then not bleaching it as it grows out.

krenseby
12-04-2011, 05:38 AM
I agree with Michael Weiss that Artur Gachinskii would do well to develop his own style on the ice.

Today I had someone walk by while I watching Gachinsky skate and then ask me "Plushenko?" I said: No, Gachinsky. What a silly mistake on their part!

Given how lovely she is and her coach's reputation, I have to ask if she and Morozov are an item?

I just couldn' t imagine Alena having any romantic relationship whatsoever with Nikolai. She is a sweet, spirited young woman and I am sure she has quite a few suitors, even if she doesn't plan on dating.

aliceanne
12-05-2011, 01:42 AM
I like Adelina Sotnikova the best. She has some awkward moments but she has good style and presence for a 15 year-old and looks to be physically maturing gracefully.

Tuktamysheva is making a big splash, but her body is so tiny and immature looking it is hard to tell how she will look by the time Sochi rolls around.

Gachinski looks like he has grown a little since Worlds. He's got the jumps, maybe Urmanov and Plushenko (he does know how to project to the audience) can get him up to speed on performing and transitions.

I count on the Russians to bring drama to skating. :watch:

FarFarAway
12-05-2011, 05:21 AM
Given how lovely she is and her coach's reputation, I have to ask if she and Morozov are an item?

:eek: They are not, luckily.

I count on the Russians to bring drama to skating. :watch:

And some of them really brought drama to skating this season.:D Not that they were really asked to do so:P