PDA

View Full Version : Which USA pairs will be on the 2012 worlds team?

Pages : [1] 2

Vash01
12-02-2011, 10:19 PM
Pick as many as you want.........

Which USA pairs do you expect to see on the 2012 world pairs team?

~tapdancer~
12-03-2011, 12:43 AM
I want it to be E/L and M/B but I have a feeling D/C will be a spoiler to my scenario.

museksk8r
12-03-2011, 03:56 AM
I want it to be E/L and M/B but I have a feeling D/C will be a spoiler to my scenario.

Ditto!

Vash01
12-03-2011, 05:16 AM

I don't like D&C at all. They have some of the worst positions, but with COP they can get away with it as long as they land the jumps and throws.

I think E&L are almost a lock. I would like to see the second pair to be someone other than D&C.

BTW Has Yankowkas found a partner yet?

DaveRocks
12-03-2011, 06:15 AM
I'd be very surprised if it wasn't E/L and D/C.

my little pony
12-03-2011, 06:53 AM
it would be wonderful if Donlan and Speroff suddenly start landing things. i love their skating and their lp.

blue_idealist
12-04-2011, 01:43 AM
There's only two, right? Evora and Ladwig and Denney and Coughlin. I would like to see Marley and Brubaker or Castelli and Shnapir instead of D and C, but I don't think I'm gonna get my wish.

Vash01
12-04-2011, 03:28 AM
There's only two, right? Evora and Ladwig and Denney and Coughlin. I would like to see Marley and Brubaker or Castelli and Shnapir instead of D and C, but I don't think I'm gonna get my wish.

The only way it's going to happen is if D&C had multiple falls in their LP,and with COP even that does not give a guarantee of them not placing higher than other pairs (except E&L). I would rather see M&B or V&B on the world team.

icellist
12-04-2011, 03:59 AM
it's probably going to be Evora/Ladwig and Denney/Coughlin, but i hope that it's Evora/Ladwig who are going to worlds as the US Champions. they seriously deserve it.

shan
12-04-2011, 05:03 AM
it would be wonderful if Donlan and Speroff suddenly start landing things. i love their skating and their lp.

:cheer: Yes!

olympic
12-05-2011, 12:51 PM
It's definitely going to be D/C and E/L. They have a big cushion over anyone else. But, I think a bigger gamble would be betting on who will win - That will come down to Amanda landing her SBS jumps. If she can, they might just beat D/C

Vash01
12-05-2011, 04:28 PM
It's definitely going to be D/C and E/L. They have a big cushion over anyone else. But, I think a bigger gamble would be betting on who will win - That will come down to Amanda landing her SBS jumps. If she can, they might just beat D/C

D&C land everything and unfortunately their poor postures, lack of lines, and lack of finesse is ignored under the COP. Hopefully the judges will recognize the better qualities of E&L as a pair and reward them.

olympic
12-05-2011, 04:34 PM
A win by E/L at '12 Nats might help encourage them to stick around for Sochi, too. I wonder if they would be capable of a 3-jump combo off the 2x since they do a 2x-2sal seq. They lose points to the top teams due to their relatively easier SBS jumping passes.

They have decent enough levels on the all the other big moves. The jumps are where they fall behind.

julieann
12-05-2011, 06:00 PM
I can't image it wouldn't be E/L and D/C, unless one of them gets sick or hurt.

~tapdancer~
12-06-2011, 01:58 AM
D&C land everything and unfortunately their poor postures, lack of lines, and lack of finesse is ignored under the COP. Hopefully the judges will recognize the better qualities of E&L as a pair and reward them.

I sure hope so! And I also hope that E/L nail their technical. There's no question to me that E/L have D/C beat in respect to their PCS. For that matter, M/B are better as well. If they get their jumps and pair elements secure, they will definitely be fighting for the top spot, too.