PDA

View Full Version : US Nationals Ladies 4th podium spot prediction poll

Pages : 1 2 [3]

krenseby
12-02-2011, 11:21 PM
never tasted that "National Inflation" that seems to lavished on other skaters.

So what's a girl gotta do to get a taste of that Nationals Inflation? Medal at a Grand Prix event and become the new sensation?

Obviously Caroline has to contiune to improve in the long program but she has consistantly been pulling it together

Well Nationals is a high pressure event and for someone who is using a recently relearned jump technique, it's an enormous challenge to put it all together when it matters most. That's why it would be in bad faith for me to make such an optimistic prediction.Now, despite my uncertainty, there are no bad wishes on my part. Heck, I was and still am frequently uncertain about whether Alissa can manage to skate well or not, but I am very happy for her when she does.

pinky166
12-03-2011, 08:32 PM
Hoping it's Gao, Jiang, Siraj, or Cesario but more likely it will be Zawadzki or Zhang, maybe Keiser or Lam. Deep ladies field this year!

Jammers
12-04-2011, 12:53 AM
Leah Keiser is skating as a Senior at Nationals? Isn't she like 14? Seems like Gracie being older is much more ready to skate with the big girls especially judging by her JGP event. Didn't Keiser not make Nationals last year like Gold too?

Sylvia
12-04-2011, 12:55 AM
Didn't Keiser not make Nationals last year like Gold too?
And your point is?

I posted this reply to you in the US Ladies thread recently in case you missed it...

But didn't you complain recently about our current crop of US ladies as follows:

Now all i see are Ladies either scared or just not pushing themselves to get to the top.
;)

blue_idealist
12-04-2011, 01:42 AM
Rachael, Christina or Agnes. I know Rachael's not skating that well right now, but she could be in better shape later in the season.

pinky166
12-04-2011, 03:09 AM
I know people are thinking Christina will be out of the top 10 after the disaster that was COR, but she was decent at CoC and showed that her 3f-3t is still strong and rotated. She's still making up for lost training time at well, idk if she makes the podium this nationals but I think it's a definite possibility and that she'll be working very hard between now and nationals and put up a good fight there. Same goes for Rachael though with her school schedule putting in the extra training time she needs may be more difficult. Someone could surprise of course, but I wouldn't count either girl out because of one flukely performance each.

Jammers
12-04-2011, 03:29 PM
And your point is?

I posted this reply to you in the US Ladies thread recently in case you missed it...

But didn't you complain recently about our current crop of US ladies as follows:

;)

Yeah but Keiser is 14 and lots of girls do 3-3 combos at that age i was talking about the older skaters like Mirai. Leah probably should have stayed a Junior and gotten a bit more experience unless she's some kind of phenom like Liza. It will be interesting to see her at Nationals.

kappa_1
12-06-2011, 02:12 AM
Other: Kween

olympic
12-06-2011, 03:01 PM
Hmmm. This is a great question. Czisny, Nagasu and Wagner are cemented into the top 3 as it stands, but that 4th place is open to so many skaters and there are so many other factors to consider -

I would give 4th as of now to Vanessa Lam, BUT only if Zawadzki and Gao don't improve markedly later in the season. Keiser gets low-balled in PCS and GOE marks due to age or lack of rep, and Flatt remains ... flat. At least one of the above is bound to improve by Nats, I just don't know who. All of them have their issues that maybe out of their control. [Zawadzki -slow; Gao - overcoming injury; Flatt - overload; Keiser - very young]

Cesario and Lam are roughly even score-wise, and even if I like Cesario a bit more, I'm putting Lam ahead of her just based on her ability to deliver, making it to JGPF, and her cred on the US Senior Level (final group of US ladies last year at Nats).

I think Zhang outskates many of the above skaters in the SP, but she needs more points in her LP to stay ahead. So, unless she fixes that, she'll be behind Lam in the[I] final standings. Frankly, I mentioned this in another thread, but she needs to perhaps replace one of those 2x's for a triple (3t or perhaps a 3s)

Siraj isn't mentioned too much, and she scores high domestically, but I think without a 3t-3t in the SP (she's constantly popping it into the simplest combo:3t-2t), she'll bury herself amidst all the talent gunning for 4th and not avail herself to climbing that high.

Polymer Bob
12-06-2011, 03:56 PM
Hmmm. This is a great question. Czisny, Nagasu and Wagner are cemented into the top 3 as it stands, ....

Remember what we were all taught in drivers education class back in high school.......

................ It's the car you DON'T see that kills you. :D

olympic
12-06-2011, 03:57 PM
Remember what we were all taught in drivers education class back in high school.......

................ It's the car you DON'T see that kills you. :D

I work in a law firm, so I've kinda learned to qualify my statements and added 'as it stands' :D

nubka
12-07-2011, 12:11 AM
I voted for Flatt, but I wouldn't be suprised if Nagasu ended up in 4th, if she bombs out... :(