PDA

View Full Version : US Nationals Ladies 4th podium spot prediction poll

Pages : 1 [2] 3

love_skate2011
12-01-2011, 10:37 PM
I'm thinking Zawadski is not yet a lost cause like Flatt, she may improve her ranks next year, but then again there will always be others constantly improving

feraina
12-01-2011, 10:42 PM
i think Caroline should switch her SP jumps to 3L-3L, 3F and 2A. She sounded rather confident about that combination in an interview. But her lack of jump repertoire hinders her permutation of jumps for the LP.

I think she should too. Even if she pops the 3R-3R into 3R-2R, overall it will still be higher TES. Unless she thinks she can get her 3F-3T back. But she's still a bit hit-and-miss with her 3F this year (better than last season, though -- I guess it just takes time for her new technique to really sink in), and *very* consistent with her 3R. If she has a clean SP with 3R-3R, 3F, and 2A, she could end in the top 3 after SP, which would give her a lot of momentum for the FS.

mkats
12-02-2011, 01:25 AM
Oh, I really hope it's Caroline!

Marco
12-02-2011, 03:36 AM
When and where is the coming 4CCs? Is it likely that the top 2 US ladies will go to 4CCs?

If not, I hope Cesario and Zawadzki make 4th and 5th just so they could attend 4CCs as their first senior international championship experience and hopefully secure them 2 GPs for next season. Zawadzki might ahve skated poorly at the GPs but she usually pulls it back together by the second half of the season.

krenseby
12-02-2011, 04:37 AM
Caroline! And that would be huge step forward for her as odd as it sounds.

This is so funny. There is just no way she will end up in fourth. I mean you have gotta to be realistic. There are so many ladies out there that can beat her and not just by a few points but by many points in the LP. Not only are her jumps in the LP very inconsistent, but she isn't getting good PCS in it either. A realistic finish for her is somewhere around 6th or 7th place.

Now, Agnes, Leah, Christina, Rachael, and Vanessa are all good candidates for the fourth spot. Of course, I hope Leah could do better than fourth.

icellist
12-02-2011, 06:27 AM
This is so funny. There is just no way she will end up in fourth. I mean you have gotta to be realistic.

Now, Agnes, Leah, Christina, Rachael, and Vanessa are all good candidates for the fourth spot. Of course, I have Leah could do better than fourth.

Krenseby, maybe we are being realistic. Agnes and Christina have been subpar so far this season. Rachael's status is extremely iffy balancing training and school-life. Vanessa, while consistent, still has tiny jumps. Leah is still relatively new to the senior ranks. We've all got opinions, and they're not as crazy as you think. Sorry, it's just that I felt that your tone was rather more condescending than what you actually meant.

judgejudy27
12-02-2011, 06:53 AM
It will be one of Caroline, Agnes, or Keiser. Agnes could even take the 3rd place if she skates very well and one of Wagner or Nagasu does not. No way will Gao or Flatt even be in the top 5 this year IMHO.

haribobo
12-02-2011, 10:51 AM
Krenseby, maybe we are being realistic.

I wonder if Krenseby watched or followed the results at Cup of Russia or Pac Coast Sectionals? :slinkaway

Rachael (FS TES 44) and Christina (FS TES 36) would have had trouble qualifying out of Sectionals with free skates like that. Granted they could be improved by Nationals, but I dunno...

Easterns top 4 TES ranged from 47 to 56. Mids top 4 TES ranged from 39 to 53 (so Rachel would've had the 4th highest TES there).

Pacs top 3 TES were 54-62. 4th place had 38. So Rachel would've gotten 4th in TES there too. And based on watching the actual programs, I don't think the panels were being extra kind at Sectionals or extra tough at CoR.

Just some food for thought...

briancoogaert
12-02-2011, 11:00 AM
She has apparently been landing them since summer time. Her loop tech looked beautiful in the short program at SA. :kickass:
The jump is higher than before because she has more power, but she still uses too much her shoulders. I doubt her 3L/3L would be complete. ;)
What about 3F/3T ? Her 3F is so much better than before.

krenseby
12-02-2011, 05:39 PM
I wonder if Krenseby watched or followed the results at Cup of Russia or Pac Coast Sectionals? :slinkaway

Rachael (FS TES 44) and Christina (FS TES 36) would have had trouble qualifying out of Sectionals with free skates like that. Granted they could be improved by Nationals, but I dunno...

Easterns top 4 TES ranged from 47 to 56. Mids top 4 TES ranged from 39 to 53 (so Rachel would've had the 4th highest TES there).

Pacs top 3 TES were 54-62. 4th place had 38. So Rachel would've gotten 4th in TES there too. And based on watching the actual programs, I don't think the panels were being extra kind at Sectionals or extra tough at CoR.

Just some food for thought...

haribobo, I am aware of the Cup of Russia results, but I am allowing for the possibility that both Rachael and Christina will improve quite a bit by Nationals.Not a sure thing of course, but quite possible. Leah Keiser, on the other hand, has been doing great and she is a a natural candidate for the top four.

Also, Rachel and Agnes's LP scores at Cup of Russia still beat Caroline's Skate America LP scores handily. Now, of course, you could argue that we should be comparing their LP scores at Cup of Russia to Caroline's scores at Pacific Sectionals, but then again we don't know which Caroline will show up at Nationals. Will it be the one with an LP like from Skate America or with an LP like from Sectionals? She is very unpredictable.

Jarrett
12-02-2011, 06:37 PM
haribobo, I am aware of the Cup of Russia results, but I am allowing for the possibility that both Rachael and Christina will improve quite a bit by Nationals.Not a sure thing of course, but quite possible. Leah Keiser, on the other hand, has been doing great and she is a a natural candidate for the top four.

Also, Rachel and Agnes's LP scores at Cup of Russia still beat Caroline's Skate America LP scores handily. Now, of course, you could argue that we should be comparing their LP scores at Cup of Russia to Caroline's scores at Pacific Sectionals, but then again we don't know which Caroline will show up at Nationals. Will it be the one with an LP like from Skate America or with an LP like from Sectionals? She is very unpredictable.

Hmm. I don't understand why you have your hater cap on for Caroline. So Christina and Rachael can improve but Caroline is an unknown? She skated very well in the short program this entire season. I think it is a safe bet she will be in the hunt after the SP. Yes, Leah would be a good choice for 4th based on skates so far this season, but so is Caroline. Obviously Caroline has to contiune to improve in the long program but she has consistantly been pulling it together. On the other hand, Rachael, Christina, and Agnes have been pretty :yikes: the entire season without notable improvements in conditioning or marks received.

Jarrett
12-02-2011, 06:45 PM
The jump is higher than before because she has more power, but she still uses too much her shoulders. I doubt her 3L/3L would be complete. ;)
What about 3F/3T ? Her 3F is so much better than before.

I thought it looked great compared to the very distracting twist she used to go into the jump with. One of the judges at SA even gave her a +2 GOE for it. Although another one gave -1 the rest 1 and 0s.

Haha, I can't believe I am defending Caroline this much. What can I say, I love a comeback and underdog story.

gotice
12-02-2011, 07:43 PM
..... What can I say, I love a comeback and underdog story.

:respec: for so many possibilities this year!! It could be FUN, if all of them bring their best :watch:

Polymer Bob
12-02-2011, 09:02 PM
.......... but then again we don't know which Caroline will show up at Nationals. Will it be the one with an LP like from Skate America or with an LP like from Sectionals? She is very unpredictable.

Or maybe it will be the Caroline with the 3L-3L we've been reading about. ;)

In any case Caroline has never received any favors from those National judges, and has never tasted that "National Inflation" that seems to lavished on other skaters.

haribobo
12-02-2011, 11:16 PM
oh that poor dead horse just keeps on getting beaten! Someone burn the dead horse so there's nothing left to beat already, please...