PDA

View Full Version : Caesars Tribute II: A Salute to the Ladies of the Ice, Dec. 3rd; Jan. 1st on NBC

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15

aliceanne
01-02-2012, 11:17 PM
I think what upsets people when skaters let themselves go is the fact that ticket prices are so high. I don't know about Disson, but COI and SOI were charging $80 to $100 the last time I went. That's a lot to pay to watch a juvenile or intermediate level skate. Maybe if some of these skaters don't think it is worth their time to train, they should consider lowering their appearance fees. I would be more tolerant if I were only paying $15.

euterpe
01-02-2012, 11:40 PM
Didn't she graduate from Great neck high school? Did she hire that kid take SAT for her :rofl::rofl:? If she could not skate at 26 yo, she should stick with her professional...which is....?? What did she major at Yale?

In May 2009, Sarah graduated from Yale with a bachelor's degree in American studies with a concentration in U.S. politics and communities.

Sandy
01-02-2012, 11:50 PM
What is Sarah doing now that she has graduated from Yale. Is she going for her Master's? She is very capable off getting her Master's and Doctorate degree!
I give her a lot of credit.
Is she dating Giullani's son?

shuilee
01-02-2012, 11:58 PM
I thought Sarah is still dating Andrew Giuliani. She's certainly doing very well in her personal life. :P

MR-FAN
01-03-2012, 12:00 AM
Sasha did a split jump, Elizabeth did an axel and a double toe, Laetitia didn't jump (but did wear a leather bondage outfit). Elizabeth's jumps must have been added in the retakes, because RD was at the live show and said she didn't jump.

Thank you :)

roxynova
01-03-2012, 12:15 AM
From the People.com homepage right now (where there are currently two skating-related stories!!) - not sure if this has been posted yet, if so please forgive me:

http://celebritybabies.people.com/2011/12/27/nancy-kerrigans-a-salute-to-the-ladies-of-the-ice/

Cute pictures, plus a plug for the show, which is always nice!

Sandy
01-03-2012, 12:23 AM
From the People.com homepage right now (where there are currently two skating-related stories!!) - not sure if this has been posted yet, if so please forgive me:

http://celebritybabies.people.com/2011/12/27/nancy-kerrigans-a-salute-to-the-ladies-of-the-ice/

Cute pictures, plus a plug for the show, which is always nice!

Roxynova, Thanks for the link. It was a nice article and her daughter is so cute!!

SpeedySucks
01-03-2012, 12:50 AM
I think what upsets people when skaters let themselves go is the fact that ticket prices are so high. I don't know about Disson, but COI and SOI were charging $80 to $100 the last time I went. That's a lot to pay to watch a juvenile or intermediate level skate. Maybe if some of these skaters don't think it is worth their time to train, they should consider lowering their appearance fees. I would be more tolerant if I were only paying $15.

Skaters' appearance fees are not the reason why ticket prices are so high. The skaters aren't getting paid that much anymore, which is why they're pursuing other opportunities outside of skating and not keeping up their skills. The high ticket prices are due to the high costs of renting and operating an arena for a skating show.

Morry Stillwell
01-03-2012, 12:54 AM
In May 2009, Sarah graduated from Yale with a bachelor's degree in American studies with a concentration in U.S. politics and communities.
Do you want frys with that;)

euterpe
01-03-2012, 12:59 AM
Skaters' appearance fees are not the reason why ticket prices are so high. The skaters aren't getting paid that much anymore, which is why they're pursuing other opportunities outside of skating and not keeping up their skills. The high ticket prices are due to the high costs of renting and operating an arena for a skating show.

Does anyone know what opportunities outside of skating Sarah Hughes is pursuing that prevent her from keeping up her skills?

Oh...I guess the opportunity is Andrew Giuliani :shuffle:

just tuned in
01-03-2012, 01:00 AM
Do you want frys with that;)

Haha, let's snark on a Yale education. So funny!

LadyNit
01-03-2012, 01:08 AM
Lastly, I see Sarah "can't get no respect" again. I thought that for someone who isn't currently skating in shows, she looks in better shape that in the past & also was graceful & lovely. There is nothing wrong w/her voice & she had insightful things to say, esp. about her mom, breast cancer and what is meaningful in life. C'mon folks, give it a rest! That said, I really enjoyed the show. Also, glad to see they didn't chack Ice Theatre!

That's right. I don't really respect Sarah. I feel like she's phoning in her skating performances. There is nothing remotely complex about the choreo in her individual program. She looked under-rehearsed and unprepared in the Ave Maria program--seemed awkward and lost a few times as though she couldn't remember what steps came next or which way to turn. Plus the misuse of her scarf. :drama: And she is so inarticulate, groping for words to finish a sentence. A dim bulb in a show full of high watt skaters. She's totally uninspiring.

kwanette
01-03-2012, 01:28 AM
That's right. I don't really respect Sarah. I feel like she's phoning in her skating performances. There is nothing remotely complex about the choreo in her individual program. She looked under-rehearsed and unprepared in the Ave Maria program--seemed awkward and lost a few times as though she couldn't remember what steps came next or which way to turn. Plus the misuse of her scarf. :drama: And she is so inarticulate, groping for words to finish a sentence. A dim bulb in a show full of high watt skaters. She's totally uninspiring.

A dim bulb in a show full of high watt skaters.

I am claiming this as a keepership.

Cheylana
01-03-2012, 01:51 AM
Not surprising Sarah doesn't have her triples back when she never had real triples to begin with. :shuffle: But it's inexcusable for a skater as young as Sarah not to go for the double axel at least. Kwan she is not. She never had the "it" factor of Tara, Cohen or Nikodinov either. She won OGM based on her technical content, which is now sorely lacking. Her basic skating is not going to bring any audience members to tears unless the Hughes family members are out there peeling onions under their noses. Hopefully she's working on some jumps.

RD
01-03-2012, 01:56 AM
Hughes (still) can't catch a break but that's really not that surprising.

I was there and she seemed fine to me.