PDA

View Full Version : Javier Fernandez

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

aftershocks
12-01-2011, 01:19 AM
fp at Rostelecom: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyUt3i--bMw

With Orser watching: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMPhuhak-ls
:lol:, not only watching, he's skating it with Javi!

sp at Skate Canada: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=GX5l5ezu3Lc

Javi is so easy on the eyes. :) Plus he rotates so quickly in the air and his quad jump landings have been very consistent and beautiful. (Of course, Javi needs to continue working on presentation, and improving centering on his spins).

Javi with Orser, right now seems like a match made in heaven. That fp is wonderful for Javi, and has the potential for a bravura skate. Lots of good wishes for Javier and Brian.

jenniferlyon
12-01-2011, 02:30 AM
I enjoyed watching Javier as well. And I'm so happy that Brian is doing so well as a coach.

DaveRocks
12-01-2011, 02:38 AM
Orser and his team have done an outstanding job with Javier. And what an added bonus that Javi's so :smokin:. A medal at worlds certainly isn't out of the question.

Marco
12-01-2011, 12:32 PM
He has it all - but probably still needs to work on conditioning / run-throughs as I see him regularly opening his programs with beautiful jumps but faltering / singling on other triples near the end. This has cost him 2 GP golds.

Marco
12-01-2011, 12:54 PM
A medal at worlds certainly isn't out of the question.

Joubert, Verner and Amodio are just on and off all the time, and the Russian men are very blah. I was thinking Fernandez and Brezina can give the veterans a run for their money for the Euro title.

At Worlds however, Fernandez will have to face these same people plus Chan, the Japanese and hopefully Abbott. A medal isn't totally out of the question but he will probably need some luck on top of being clean.

MorganaLefay
12-01-2011, 01:52 PM
I like Fernandez, but can someone pls explain why his SS are so high? (I am not being sarcastic, I am really looking for some analysis). To me, his steps are very labored and his spins are not that impressive (the only thing that's light and amazing about him are his jumps).

immoimeme
12-11-2011, 09:53 PM
You are so right, his spins are currently not that impressive.
Steps are labored? I dunno, not in that SP straightline sequence, whee!:respec:

Sometimes his feet look almost too big. Maybe that's it?

My personal Javi bugaboo is FIX THAT DANGLING LACE wouldya pleasethanks so much:hat1: Other than that :D,
he's :cheer2: STILL* my #1 pick for Future World Champion!!! :cheer2:

oleada
12-11-2011, 10:00 PM
His steps were anything but labored at Skate Canada. He really sold them :kickass:

I really respect what Orser's done for him.

smarts1
12-11-2011, 11:11 PM
Am I the only person who doesn't see much in him? His jump technique is very odd...

robinhood
12-11-2011, 11:36 PM
Am I the only person who doesn't see much in him? His jump technique is very odd...

I'm sure you're not the only one...I thought this was a cheering thread, though:P

Javi needs much improvement in his speed and develop his artistry and own style futher more, but he's a born entertainer and charisma in spades he's got:hat1:

His jumping technique seems fine to me. The quads are a beauty, only the luz and flip is a bit off but I know he's working on those

paskatefan
12-12-2011, 12:14 PM
His steps were anything but labored at Skate Canada. He really sold them :kickass:

I really respect what Orser's done for him.

:respec:

Moka-Ananas
12-12-2011, 05:34 PM
I love him, too. He's made such an incredible progress with Orser, it's amazing.
And yes, he's extremely easy on the eyes ;)

floskate
12-12-2011, 05:36 PM
Yes his lutz and flip are iffy but the rest of his jumps are gorgeous. Those quads are some of the best I have ever seen. Orser's team have done a wonderful packaging job and I see no reason why he can't gain the stamina, identity and skating skills to challenge for the very top over the next couple of seasons. He's such a natural. :cheer:

doctor
12-12-2011, 09:44 PM
I like Fernandez, but can someone pls explain why his SS are so high? (I am not being sarcastic, I am really looking for some analysis). To me, his steps are very labored and his spins are not that impressive (the only thing that's light and amazing about him are his jumps).

This is exactly what I felt when I saw Javier skating live. I like that hes trying hard to court the audience, but he was the slowest among the 6 skaters at GPF, and his jumps were not as high, either. However, I doubt hed have the incentive to work on his SS, since hes already so generously marked on PCS this season.

I also think he should work on his spins, but again hes already receiving generous GOEs for his mediocre spins so I doubt hed have the incentive to work on those.

aemeraldrainc
03-20-2012, 05:43 AM
http://www.abc.es/20120129/deportes/abci-europeo-patinaje-201201290203.html

Just wanted to share this article from Europeans.
Translation to follow.