PDA

View Full Version : Plushenko gonna skate to the variation of Marton

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Vash01
11-30-2011, 04:45 PM
Every thread with Plushenko's name in it eventually turns into a bash thread. I don't know why I even open it. If I had my wish, he will win the 2014 OGM, but it's not going to happen. I don't expect to see him skate at a high level after the surgeries he has had, the mileage on his body, and his physical age, no matter how badly he wants to compete. I just feel fortunate that I saw him skate when he was at his best. I would not like to see him skate poorly and be embarrassed.

LadyNit
11-30-2011, 04:48 PM
So, will Russia organize a Panties for Plushy event? I think his ego he'd like that.

rfisher
11-30-2011, 04:50 PM
So, will Russia organize a Panties for Plushy event? I think his ego he'd like that.

:rofl: I think he may demand it.

Oreo
11-30-2011, 04:53 PM
Somebody fill me in please. I thought Plushenko was ineligible to compete anymore because he had skated in some non-sanctioned event. What's the deal? Is it because the Russian Federation is in bed with the ISU?

peibeck
11-30-2011, 04:59 PM

Nyet! PLATINUM Panties for Plushy! :P

peibeck
11-30-2011, 05:00 PM
Somebody fill me in please. I thought Plushenko was ineligible to compete anymore because he had skated in some non-sanctioned event. What's the deal? Is it because the Russian Federation is in bed with the ISU?

The ISU lifted the ban when Russian agreed to host Worlds last year after the earthquake in Japan, as I recall.

senorita
11-30-2011, 05:24 PM
^ hm, I dont think so. Unless a japan earthquack is a bullet in ISU communvation about eligibility.

caseyedwards
11-30-2011, 05:25 PM
The event was sanctioned - his performance was not sanctioned by the Rus Fed. He was in violation of participation without federation approval rule not non-sanctioned event rule. That rule allows a one reinstatement for eligibility provision.

Triple Butz
11-30-2011, 05:45 PM
The event was sanctioned - his performance was not sanctioned by the Rus Fed. He was in violation of participation without federation approval rule not non-sanctioned event rule. That rule allows a one reinstatement for eligibility provision.

I thought he was given the boot because he didn't do the quad at that event and set skating back into the dark ages? :slinkaway

peibeck
11-30-2011, 07:38 PM
^ hm, I dont think so. Unless a japan earthquack is a bullet in ISU communvation about eligibility.

He was re-instated in May, around the time of Worlds. I'm not interested enough to go look up the specifics, but it was around that time.

I didn't mean for it to sound like that was part of the decision made specifically about 2011 Worlds being awarded to Moscow. :o

Cherub721
11-30-2011, 10:03 PM

Exactly.

Who needs a bunch of panties from fans when you have a Totmianina on every street corner?

Holley Calmes
11-30-2011, 11:39 PM
Somehow the idea of panites and Plushenko makes me a bit nauseous. Bless him for trying at his age. If he can come back and get the scores HONESTLY (without politics) I say good for him. There are enough other lovely skaters for me to enjoy without getting all balled up about Plushy. Bless his heart. Dai and Patrick interest me more as skaters, not to mention that great rivalry for feminine interest in the pairs and dance genres. Lordie, with some of those boys around, who looks at Plush? But that's just me!

Iceman
12-01-2011, 12:18 AM
Jeez, his quads aren't consistent. I thought he would have moved onto quints by now.

Vash01
12-01-2011, 12:42 AM

That's old news. He was granted eligibility. There was a thread on fsu looong ago, and I won't even try to find it.

Oreo
12-01-2011, 06:21 AM
That's old news. He was granted eligibility. There was a thread on fsu looong ago, and I won't even try to find it.

Thank you (to everyone who answered). I think I've been just subconsciously avoiding any thread with him in it. Not only is he a poor sport, his outdated hip grinding routines make me wince to see them. I was hoping he would just go away.