PDA

View Full Version : Plushenko gonna skate to the variation of Marton

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Vash01
11-29-2011, 11:13 PM
I seriously doubt Plushenko will need any "quad bonus" at Russian Nationals to get past Bush, Menshov, Grigoriev, or Voronov. Better to save his knees for Euros and Worlds! :D

He will still need to land the triple axel and other jumps. If his knees are OK, no problem, but if not, he won't get a free pass.

rfisher
11-29-2011, 11:21 PM
I seriously doubt Plushenko will need any "quad bonus" at Russian Nationals to get past Bush, Menshov, Grigoriev, or Voronov. Better to save his knees for Euros and Worlds! :D

Seriously. A good 3A is all he needs to beat these guys. And I would never count him out at Europeans or Worlds. He's a fierce competitor and nobody except Song is consistent with their quads. Besides, it's not as if Russia has anybody who can do better except may LaTuk and she can't go. But, if I were him, I wouldn't bother this year and save myself for next year when it's closer to Sochi. And here he probably thought Gachinsky was going to let him retire, but that doesn't seem to be happening.

immoimeme
11-29-2011, 11:22 PM
LP: Tango(Moulin Rouge) arrangement by E. MartonNOOOOOOOOOOO! :yikes:

DinDonShamu
11-29-2011, 11:41 PM
I will believe it when I see it.

But if he's really gonna do it, he's nuts.

The level of competition has gone up drastically.

He would have to skate against guys capable of landing quads and with PCS abilities way way better than his are at present (when he competed at Olympics, he was slow and had totally empty, front-loaded programs).

It's madness.

And to the OP: I don't know about others, but I can't read your mind so when starting a new thread, it would be nice to see you using full sentences explaining what you are actually talking about.

It all depends on how far the judges would go holding him up when he lands all his jumps.

I look forward to this second comeback somewhat, but I'm really expecting a even more deteriorated version of himself compared to 2010, deserving PCS in the 5s and 6s but getting 9s across the board :shuffle:. Not holding my breath on whatever transitions/choreography he claimed to be added in his programs. His music choice certainly didn't convince me that he had the intention to change one single bit.

Cheylana
11-29-2011, 11:50 PM
Does Marton have some scandalous photos of Plushy that he's using as blackmail or something?

Braulio
11-29-2011, 11:55 PM
I can see him skating to Carmen, arrangement and performed by Edvin Marton

He has been skating to Marton since 2004

Holley Calmes
11-30-2011, 12:00 AM
I'd give good money to see a Patrick Chan-on-a-good-day versus Plunshenko on-a-good-day match up. :) Would be rooting for Chan, but would enjoy Plushy too.

Triple Butz
11-30-2011, 12:11 AM
O. He will do a tango? Such a departure for him. :P

It could be! Maybe this time he'll actually try to interpret it. :D

caseyedwards
11-30-2011, 12:41 AM
Yeah he probaby wouldn't need the quad combo bonus but there is an extra 3 points I think that is avaliable for others. He can just continue and train and sit out the rest of this season and most of next season and not risk major competitoiins and just do Japan Opens and do test skates.

Cherub721
11-30-2011, 12:56 AM
Yeah he probaby wouldn't need the quad combo bonus but there is an extra 3 points I think that is avaliable for others. He can just continue and train and sit out the rest of this season and most of next season and not risk major competitoiins and just do Japan Opens and do test skates.

I don't think he wants to skate without the quad though. For him not having the quad ready = not being ready for competition.

If he's really serious about a comeback, he needs to start doing some senior bs. It's easy ISU ranking points, and he's gonna need them so he doesn't have an early draw at ISU events. V&T opted to do Nebelhorn and Ondrej Nepela this year over a 3rd GP because they wanted the ranking points. That's smart strategy.

overedge
11-30-2011, 12:59 AM
I don't think he wants to skate without the quad though. For him not having the quad ready = not being ready for competition.

If he's really serious about a comeback, he needs to start doing some senior bs.

I think we've had enough BS from him already....

Sparks
11-30-2011, 01:03 AM
What's Plushy without the Quad?!?!? :wuzrobbed

Cherub721
11-30-2011, 01:09 AM
I think we've had enough BS from him already....

I knew someone would say that once I saw how it posted. :P

ChelleC
11-30-2011, 01:45 AM
In other breaking news, the sky is blue.

I'm willing to bet that if he's not consistently landing quads, he won't compete.

screech
11-30-2011, 03:33 AM
It could be! Maybe this time he'll actually try to interpret it. :D

I didn't have anything in my mouth but I still managed to laugh so hard I spit on my computer screen when I read this. Hee hee. :lol:

What's Plushy without the Quad?!?!? :wuzrobbed
Hopefully sitting at home, listening to Marton CDs or something so that none of the rest of us have to.