PDA

View Full Version : Plushenko gonna skate to the variation of Marton

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Frau Muller
11-29-2011, 08:22 PM
Marton is surely busy at this moment, writing the Sochi Olympics Theme Music. Surely. I'll bet 10 Rubles on that.

Sparks
11-29-2011, 08:32 PM
Isn't he like 50 years old?

Ummm, he's only 48.

nubka
11-29-2011, 08:47 PM
Let me guess on the costume...hmmmm....black with a few red sequins near the neck?!

Putin is returning to the Russian presidency & he's bringing Plushy with him. Sochi 2014 - Men's finals in figure skating: Putin & Plush will be there!

Nah, this year, it's red with a few black sequins near the neck... :P

aftershocks
11-29-2011, 08:54 PM
Ummm, he's only 48.

Hmmm, do you think you might have transposed the numbers, and he's really 84? Somewhat ancient by manly standards, but probably still virile enough to crank out those quads by turning very slowly on the ice, tottering slightly (that is, once he manages to get those revolutions consistent again). ;)

Vagabond
11-29-2011, 08:59 PM
Well, then by your standards he should just stay home and sit on the couch watching TV and eating nachos.

But maybe Evan Lysacek can drop by and do an exhibition, complete with a quad or two. :saint:

wingnut
11-29-2011, 09:12 PM
Isn't he like 50 years old?

Just his hips.

But seriously, cool news, hadn't heard anything about him in a while. When are Russian Nationals?

Rob
11-29-2011, 09:14 PM
Sigh Return of Plush Marton Lysacek Dueling Tango makes me tired. I am quite enjoying my season with Hanyu, Fernandez, Song, Brezina changing the guard a little bit.

Ziggy
11-29-2011, 09:21 PM
I will believe it when I see it.

But if he's really gonna do it, he's nuts.

The level of competition has gone up drastically.

He would have to skate against guys capable of landing quads and with PCS abilities way way better than his are at present (when he competed at Olympics, he was slow and had totally empty, front-loaded programs).

It's madness.

And to the OP: I don't know about others, but I can't read your mind so when starting a new thread, it would be nice to see you using full sentences explaining what you are actually talking about.

IceAlisa
11-29-2011, 09:29 PM
Sorry, don't see this going anywhere, for the reasons Ziggy named. How likely is Plush to do quads AND up his non-jump content, although I should say "create" rather than "up" since there isn't any. :shuffle:

Cherub721
11-29-2011, 10:25 PM
But maybe Evan Lysacek can drop by and do an exhibition, complete with a quad or two. :saint:

Well it would depend on whether Evan and the Russian federation can come to a suitable contractual agreement. ;)

Vash01
11-29-2011, 10:28 PM
I am sick of Plushy skating to Marton's music. Please be more creative than this- that's not too much to ask for.

Nadin
11-29-2011, 10:46 PM
This season will be total time warp, we'll have Plush skating to Marton and Joubidoo doing his Matrix :lol:

Fridge_Break
11-29-2011, 10:48 PM
Didn't he skate to Tango de Roxanne once before? For some reason I'm thinking he did as a LP#2 at the GPF one year and got dinged with a music violation because someone did an awful job covering up the lyrics... or am I thinking of a different song? Different skater?

Can someone in Russia please break Marton's stradivarius?

caseyedwards
11-29-2011, 10:55 PM
Didn't he skate to Tango de Roxanne once before? For some reason I'm thinking he did as a LP#2 at the GPF one year and got dinged with a music violation because someone did an awful job covering up the lyrics... or am I thinking of a different song? Different skater?

Right song right skater.

Unlike ISU COP Russian COP does give a bonus for quad combos so going to Russian nationals it is a benefit to do that. Bush, Menshov, Grigoriev, Voronov can all do it. Probably thinking at Russian Nationals he wouldn't need to but said yes for Euros and worlds if he went if he competes.

peibeck
11-29-2011, 11:00 PM
I seriously doubt Plushenko will need any "quad bonus" at Russian Nationals to get past Bush, Menshov, Grigoriev, or Voronov. Better to save his knees for Euros and Worlds! :D