PDA

View Full Version : Plushenko gonna skate to the variation of Marton

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15

ciocio
12-07-2011, 10:06 AM
There are jumps in ballet. :shuffle:
http://youtu.be/fH4FXiSbK7c?t=1m46s

Plushy said "without quads" not "without jumps". :)

briancoogaert
12-07-2011, 10:14 AM
Plushy said "without quads" not "without jumps". :)
LOL, it's not better ! So, Figure Skating before 1994 was ballet ? lol
Anyway, I don't care, I love ballet, I love Figure Skating. And everything is OK. ;)

ciocio
12-07-2011, 10:18 AM
ANyway, I don't care, I love ballet, I love Figure Skating. And everything is OK. ;)

:rofl: According to Plushy, yes, it was. ;) Also, before 1998, Plushy was a ballet dancer. :rofl:

Ozzisk8tr
12-07-2011, 10:20 AM
Were did I talk about DomSha ? Anyway :blah: See you next year !

Where did I say you mentioned DomSha? Get over yourself and stop being so sensitive lovey, there was nothing attacking you in the post. :rolleyes:

dots
12-07-2011, 10:37 AM
This was on universalsports.com, so it must be from the NBC interview.

Plushenko: "...Without quads, figure skating is only ballet."

Ye Gods!!! :scream:

God knows he's going to need them :yikes: A bronze medal is well within reach.

Nan
12-07-2011, 02:43 PM
Pluschenko: I'm bored in the shows (http://winter.sport-express.ru/figureskating/reviews/18291/) interview by E. Kulinicheva

I was lucky to have greate mentors. For example Elvis Stojko. When I jsut started competing internationally he was at the final stages of his competitive career, was a 4 times world champion (don't ask. No idea where Pluschenko gets his statistics). I was just a 15y.o. kid who came to his first GP event, was just starting to land my quads. Back then if one landed a quad taking the rest of the programme was clean it mean winning the competition. Stojko approached me, shook my hand and wished me luck.

It was unreal! The 4 times world champion comes to shake mine, no one's! hand understanding I might beat him! It was a huge boost for me ...

I remember Yagudin saying much the same thing about Elvis. He was impressed that Elvis made it a point to shake hands with all the men he was competing with at each competition prior to taking the ice.

Vash01
12-07-2011, 08:17 PM
He said "competitors" a moment after he said "enemies." He's not that fluent and realized he picked the wrong word.

He has enemies on this board and competitors/rivals on the ice.:lol:

aftershocks
12-08-2011, 03:30 AM
^^ :lol:

Anyway, I don't care, I love ballet, I love Figure Skating. And everything is OK. ;)

You said it, briancoogaert! Plush is just not making any sense anyway -- really screwy description. Maybe he's just not fluent in ballet, only quads. :P

He said "competitors" a moment after he said "enemies." He's not that fluent and realized he picked the wrong word.

You mean Plushy's not fluent in English, eh? But I think he is fluent in the language of competition -- competitors/ enemies/ rivals may be one and the same to Plushy. I think he was being half serious and half humorous in the interview. Absolutely serious regarding how he feels about the extreme importance of quads, and fairly humorous regarding saying hi to his enemies/ competitors.

Plushy's behavior at 2010 Olympics to the contrary, he does have a sense of humor. It may be his huge ego that has gotten him into hot water, but I don't think someone who doesn't have a self-deprecating sense of humor could skate to this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1T61vX4wm4

Notwithstanding his humor, I absolutely disagree with Plushy regarding the "manly quads" saving fs from the "horrors" of just being "ballet." :huh: That part of the interview was hysterical (not to mention scary), apparently without his intending it to be.

briancoogaert
12-08-2011, 09:59 AM
You said it, briancoogaert! Plush is just not making any sense anyway -- really screwy description. Maybe he's just not fluent in ballet, only quads. :P
Yesterday, watching the french coverage of TEB (commentated by Philippe Candeloro), I had that thought : "Philippe Candeloro never did a quad, so, he was a ballet dancer". Yes, of course .... :lol:

Holley Calmes
12-08-2011, 01:32 PM
Plushy should watch that great Russian ballet Spartacus and decide if ballet is not manly......

Of course, I don't seriously think he meant that we way we are skewing it. I'm sure he probably respects male ballet dancers and knows how incredibly athletic it is. Maybe in translation his meaning is getting blurred......

senorita
12-08-2011, 10:53 PM
He uses trainers for off ice training from Kirov, the whole team Mishin does that since ever. I have no idea what he meant by ballet, but lately I dont bother reading interviews of skaters and tearing them apart anyway.

caseyedwards
12-08-2011, 11:07 PM
To me he said mens figure skating was more of a sport with quads and if it doesn't have quads it is still fine but not as much of a sport and ballet like. He said nothing of masculinity. Quoting him "fine sport but not enough"

bartek
12-08-2011, 11:59 PM
To me he said mens figure skating was more of a sport with quads and if it doesn't have quads it is still fine but not as much of a sport and ballet like. He said nothing of masculinity. Quoting him "fine sport but not enough"

Exactly, he said nothing of masculinity. People, you just interprete his words so as to make him as bad as possible. Why so much hate? I agree with him that figure skating without quads is less athletic. We have two sides in figure skating, the athleticism and the art. Quads certainly add a lot to that athletic element.

nubka
12-09-2011, 12:51 AM
Exactly, he said nothing of masculinity. People, you just interprete his words so as to make him as bad as possible. Why so much hate? I agree with him that figure skating without quads is less athletic. We have two sides in figure skating, the athleticism and the art. Quads certainly add a lot to that athletic element.

Word! :respec:

crystalice
12-09-2011, 05:00 AM
Every thread with Plushenko's name in it eventually turns into a bash thread. I don't know why I even open it.Come on... People need a chance to show what they are :argue:. I enjoy reading this trash bitching. :lol: