PDA

View Full Version : 2012 U.S. Figure Skating Hall of Fame nominees (vote to be revealed on Dec. 15, 2011)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7

Garden Kitty
12-15-2011, 08:09 PM
Congrats to Michelle for the well deserved honor, but sorry that more of the other nominees weren't included as well.

DimaToe
12-15-2011, 08:27 PM
Congrats to Michelle for the well deserved honor, but sorry that more of the other nominees weren't included as well.

Well I understand why she was the sole inductee, I mean the announcements would probably would have looked like this, !!!!!MICHELLE KWAN!!!!!....and that other person...

PDilemma
12-15-2011, 08:46 PM

I think that it is perhaps fairer to them to wait a year. Being inducted with the most decorated skater in U.S. history would make anyone else a footnote. They will have a more memorable event if it is not so much about one skater.

dots
12-15-2011, 09:08 PM
!!!!!MICHELLE KWAN!!!!!....and that other person...

:lol:

Kween always takes the spotlight :glamor:

Carolla5501
12-15-2011, 09:12 PM
Thrilled for Michelle. I do wish Rudy had gotten in however. This was the scene of one of the greatest moments ever - Rudy's improbable National Championship - it would have been so cool to accept that honor in San Jose.

Vash01
12-15-2011, 11:19 PM
I better get my tickets for the nationals soon. They will be sold faster now.

AnnM
12-15-2011, 11:37 PM
I better get my tickets for the nationals soon. They will be sold faster now.

This is why I squared away all my travel & ticket stuff at the end of last week!

DimaToe
12-15-2011, 11:41 PM
I wonder if the Kween will skate at the Gala? :swoon:

One can only hope! :drama:

Rottie
12-15-2011, 11:53 PM
Yay Michelle! :cheer2:

manleywoman
12-16-2011, 04:42 AM
Is it worth going to the inductee reception? I've never been to one.

maureenfarone
12-16-2011, 11:44 AM
Is it worth going to the inductee reception? I've never been to one.

I'm wondering the same thing! It really irritates me that they scheduled this so that we would have to miss a significant part of the senior men's short program :mad: I usually only take comfortable clothes for skating and wonder if I would need more "dress up" stuff. Anyone have any idea how fancy these things are?

Does the inductee speak? Are there refreshments? Do we just wander around after going through a reception line and shaking hands with Michelle?

RunnersHigh
12-16-2011, 12:00 PM
:respec: Kwan the Queen! She deserves it! :cheer:

Jarrett
12-16-2011, 04:00 PM
I'm wondering the same thing! It really irritates me that they scheduled this so that we would have to miss a significant part of the senior men's short program :mad: I usually only take comfortable clothes for skating and wonder if I would need more "dress up" stuff. Anyone have any idea how fancy these things are?

Does the inductee speak? Are there refreshments? Do we just wander around after going through a reception line and shaking hands with Michelle?

Well the checkout form says you get admission, wine, beer, special gift and snack of some sort. I'm spiffing it up since I am not even going to the competition that night. :hat1:

maureenfarone
12-16-2011, 09:25 PM
Bought a ticket (2 actually) for the reception. Had a problem with the website which is how I ended up with 2. Called USFS to get that straightened out and inquired if the shuttles would run after the reception which is scheduled from 10p.m. to midnight. Lady I spoke to didn't know, but will ask that question and send me an email.

Since I'm not staying at the Fairmont, I need to know how to get back to my hotel.

I'll post any info I get :)

kwanatic
12-16-2011, 09:30 PM
I wonder if the Kween will skate at the Gala? :swoon:

One can only hope! :drama:

Wouldn't it be amazing if she skated to Fields of Gold in the gala? She could do it--just replace the two triples with doubles...then again, she still does a mean triple toe, so why not? OMG, I'd die to see that! :swoon: I'm sure they'll ask her to skate. I just hope she brings back one of her old programs. My choice would be Fields of Gold (it's so iconic for her) or possibly Dante's Prayer (I love that one!).

Fingers crossed!