PDA

View Full Version : 2012 U.S. Figure Skating Hall of Fame nominees (vote to be revealed on Dec. 15, 2011)

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7

berthesghost
11-30-2011, 12:23 AM
All well deserved nominees! When there are two people in a category will only one actually be elected?
No, they can nominate or elect multiple entries.

snoopysnake
11-30-2011, 12:42 AM
Who is that first name ("Kwan")? Never heard of her. Is this the skater who shared the ice with the streaker?

Isn't she John Baldwin's old coach's partner's sister-in-law? ;)

Carolla5501
11-30-2011, 06:51 PM
:
Who is that first name ("Kwan")? Never heard of her. Is this the skater who shared the ice with the streaker?

Do you really think this was witty? :eek:

It is funny, but probably you didn't realize we would be laughing AT the post not with it :)

orbitz
11-30-2011, 06:54 PM
Who's Robert Specht? Is he from the Sonja Henie's era?

query5
11-30-2011, 07:13 PM
lori nichol helped choreographed alot of U.s Skaters programs,

like michelle, evan, timothy goebels -i think, mirai's plus alot of others.

peibeck
11-30-2011, 07:59 PM

He skated both pairs and singles in the 1940's and medaled in both disciplines.

skatesindreams
11-30-2011, 08:46 PM

He was a star of the Ice Capades, as well.
I found an interesting video:

"Ice Aces" - short - 1948 Atwood, Specht, Konrad (more)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8jq-Kk8uKs

Jayar
11-30-2011, 09:04 PM
NBC typically shows highlights from the Hall of Fame-- about a 30 second blurb and show the inductees getting their gifts. Inducting Rudy and Michelle is just good sense-- do it where it all began.

peibeck
11-30-2011, 09:31 PM

Those stilt skates (and the stunts that skater does on them) are crazy. Thanks for sharing!

aftershocks
11-30-2011, 10:32 PM
He was a star of the Ice Capades, as well.
I found an interesting video:

Thanks for the link! Very funny stuff and interesting to see the ice capades stars of that era. Isn't the "mystery" jump that Specht performs a kind of delayed axel?

AnnM
11-30-2011, 10:33 PM
I already sold my ticket to Nationals.

But upon hearing this news I am seriously reconsidering going for just that weekend.

nubka
11-30-2011, 10:35 PM
That must mean despite not being diabetic, you have to “bring something to combat sugar shock” quite often. You must also have to be careful about the events you attend, not to mention the speeches you listen to, the books you read, the company you keep, and the threads you enter. As long as the sugar is raw and the speeches balance out the sweet flowers with some hard truths and nuggets of wisdom, why not :D and bear it?

After all, tolerance is a virtue. According to none other than tolerable Scott Hamilton, “Always try to maintain complete tolerance and always make an effort to give people more than they expect.” Oh well, life is tough and nobody’s completely perfect (not even the Kween, who’s been plenty perfect quite often). :P

Wow, what a sermon.

Carolla5501
12-02-2011, 12:56 AM
The HOF inductions are as Debbie described. That "Rusty" guy who does little impromptu interviews with spectators did do an interview with Sarah Hughes the year she was inducted, but it was not during the ceremony but during a break in the sessions.

giselle, I doubt the ceremony will be televised. If you have Ice Network you will probably get to see it.

Speaking of the Rusty guy can we nominate him to "work someplace else during Nationals"? He's just so :rolleyes:

berthesghost
12-02-2011, 03:15 PM
NBC typically shows highlights from the Hall of Fame-- about a 30 second blurb and show the inductees getting their gifts. Inducting Rudy and Michelle is just good sense-- do it where it all began.
Frank was inducted in 96. Inducting mk and Lori in sj would sorta reunited the "big 3" ( or "axis of evil" depending on your tastes :P )

AJ Skatefan
12-02-2011, 05:26 PM
Speaking of the Rusty guy can we nominate him to "work someplace else during Nationals"? He's just so :rolleyes:

I like Rusty.