PDA

View Full Version : 2012 U.S. Figure Skating Hall of Fame nominees (vote to be revealed on Dec. 15, 2011)

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7

Sylvia
11-29-2011, 06:42 PM
Anyone know when exactly the ceremony is held?
Friday January 27, 2012
2:30pm Championship Dance Short Dance (Session 15)
7:30pm Championship Men Short Program (Session 16)
HALL OF FAME during Men’s event

peibeck
11-29-2011, 07:00 PM
Peggy Fleming worked with Thomas McGinnins back when Ice Capades was a big show. Hopefully she'll be one of the people inducting him into the Hall of Fame.

kittyjake5
11-29-2011, 08:36 PM
Friday January 27, 2012
2:30pm Championship Dance Short Dance (Session 15)
7:30pm Championship Men Short Program (Session 16)
HALL OF FAME during Men’s event

Thank you!

giselle23
11-29-2011, 08:44 PM
Is it too much to hope that this will be televised?

nubka
11-29-2011, 08:51 PM
Heaven help me, I'll be there that day. Better bring something along so I can combat the sugar shock... :saint: :saint:

kwanette
11-29-2011, 08:58 PM
Heaven help me, I'll be there that day. Better bring something along so I can combat the sugar shock... :saint: :saint:

Are you a diabetic?

query5
11-29-2011, 09:03 PM
congrats to all who got nominated

nubka
11-29-2011, 09:25 PM
Are you a diabetic?

Nah, I just have low tolerance for syrupy gushing and flowery speeches... :cold:

Cheylana
11-29-2011, 09:42 PM
Goodness, I might have to think about attending these Nationals! :)

icecat
11-29-2011, 09:55 PM
Tom had a quadruple bypass a few years back and he's still out on the ice coaching at SCOB at least 3 days per week. Lovely man.

Debbie S
11-29-2011, 10:22 PM
Nah, I just have low tolerance for syrupy gushing and flowery speeches... :cold:I don't think the inductees make speeches. At least, they haven't in any of the HOF inductions I've seen at Nats. They do receive an introduction when they walk out on the floor/arena which gives their career highlights to tell why they are being inducted. it's done right before the ice cut in the middle of the event so it's quick.

It would be beyond awesome if the USFSA would ask Michelle to skate in the exhibition (hey, they had Evan there last year....yes, I know he was there b/c of the "Rise" filming). :)

Jammers
11-29-2011, 11:08 PM
Isn't the U.S. Figure Skating Hall of Fame for american skaters and coaches? I see Lori Nichol is nominated. Isn't she canadian?

peibeck
11-29-2011, 11:14 PM
The HOF inductions are as Debbie described. That "Rusty" guy who does little impromptu interviews with spectators did do an interview with Sarah Hughes the year she was inducted, but it was not during the ceremony but during a break in the sessions.

giselle, I doubt the ceremony will be televised. If you have Ice Network you will probably get to see it.

Sylvia
11-29-2011, 11:25 PM
Isn't the U.S. Figure Skating Hall of Fame for american skaters and coaches? I see Lori Nichol is nominated. Isn't she canadian?
This January 2010 article mentions that Lori Nichol competed at the Novice level in the U.S. and was coached by Don Laws: http://web.icenetwork.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20100122&content_id=7956206&vkey=ice_news%20target=

As a U.S. novice competitor, Nichol trained under Chan's former coach, Don Laws. Prior to having children, she worked as a coach.

aftershocks
11-29-2011, 11:45 PM

Are you a diabetic?

Nah, I just have low tolerance for syrupy gushing and flowery speeches... :cold:

That must mean despite not being diabetic, you have to “bring something to combat sugar shock” quite often. You must also have to be careful about the events you attend, not to mention the speeches you listen to, the books you read, the company you keep, and the threads you enter. As long as the sugar is raw and the speeches balance out the sweet flowers with some hard truths and nuggets of wisdom, why not :D and bear it?

After all, tolerance is a virtue. According to none other than tolerable Scott Hamilton, “Always try to maintain complete tolerance and always make an effort to give people more than they expect.” Oh well, life is tough and nobody’s completely perfect (not even the Kween, who’s been plenty perfect quite often). :P