PDA

View Full Version : Bulanhagui blogs about Philippine Nationals

Skittl1321
11-28-2011, 06:38 PM
http://www.icenetwork.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20111126&content_id=26044218&vkey=ice_news

I'm confused at her saying her heart sank when she found out she won the title. Was she conflicted because she felt bad taking it away from someone who actually lives there? (I know I'd be.) It just seems weird to use an expression that means you are upset when you win a national title- she had to know that it was pretty nearly a given she would fly over there and win.

reese
11-28-2011, 07:49 PM
I think the heart sank thing is a just a figure of speech that she accidentally misused. She was probably trying to say that her heart soared or exploded with happiness or something like that. Judging from the rest of the blog, she doesn't seem to have any regrets. I had to laugh at the part where she talks about the official practice being cancelled to make more time for a public session.

Skittl1321
11-28-2011, 08:29 PM
A mis-expression makes more sense. My other thought was that she was a little sad she doesn't get to go to World's still, even though she is champion.

I laughed at the public session thing too.