PDA

View Full Version : Article re. Russian sports psychologist Rudolf Zagainov (worked w/ Yagudin in 2002)

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

TAHbKA
11-30-2011, 11:04 PM
That's another thing.
Well, actually I wonder why her relatives didn't initiate the law suit against Zagainov. I think they had very good chances to put him into a jail.

I lost you. How would Arustamova's relatives sue Zagainov in Russia based on the US laws? :confused:

Fashionista
11-30-2011, 11:30 PM
I lost you. How would Arustamova's relatives sue Zagainov in Russia based on the US laws? :confused:

:confused:
Why would they need US laws if there are Russian?

TAHbKA
11-30-2011, 11:40 PM
:confused:
Why would they need US laws if there are Russian?

Didn't realize there were Russian laws on the matter. Guess jumped to a wrong conclusion based on your question about the US laws.

LynnW
11-30-2011, 11:43 PM
Sorry TAHbKA and Fashionista. My post wasn't clear that I was replying to Fashionista's previous post about US laws, not Russian laws.

Fashionista
12-01-2011, 12:22 AM
Didn't realize there were Russian laws on the matter.

There are number of! At least two federal laws in Russia protect patient's privacy and confidentiality: the special one on personal data in medicine and the general one on personal data. You can read more here http://www.03i3.ru/?p=65
There are different types of punishment in such cases from terminating license to a real term in a jail.
Russian law system is well developed and sometimes even too strict compared to US in some areas. The problem is people are not used to use the benefits of law and prefer to let it go instead of rightfully punish the crime.

IceAlisa
12-01-2011, 12:59 AM
Thanks for the link, Fashionista.

:yikes: Russian legalese is giving me a headache--but in general it sounds a lot like our HIPAA laws. There are fines, loss of license and criminal charges, depending on the nature of the crime.

So how come not only Zaiganov is not in prison but is still practicing? :confused:

olifaunt
12-01-2011, 01:15 AM
Perhaps he isn't licensed and his real job title is more like "life coach." That would explain the lack of publications.

Fashionista
12-01-2011, 01:57 AM
So how come not only Zaiganov is not in prison but is still practicing? :confused:

To put him in prison someone has to initiate the trail. Usually in such cases (of a personal matter) relatives do. But they didn't. And I have no idea why. They would have clearly won it.

Asli
12-01-2011, 12:11 PM
To put him in prison someone has to initiate the trail. Usually in such cases (of a personal matter) relatives do. But they didn't. And I have no idea why. They would have clearly won it.

Probably in such cases at least part of the family takes into consideration what the wishes of the deceased person would have been. Whatever Zagainov was to other people, Arustamova was in a relationship with him until she died. Maybe her family knows something more about whether Zagainov was doing her any good or whether she would have wished him to go to prison.

IceAlisa
12-02-2011, 06:58 AM
What about Yagudin and the book? What do you mean by "trail", Fashionista? What's the Russian word you are thinking of? Rassledovanie?

berthesghost
12-02-2011, 02:34 PM
I assume trail = trial. Michael jackson's doctor for example didn't just get tossed in prison, he had to be sued, go to trial, get convicted, etc...

Sparks
12-02-2011, 07:50 PM
Women can't be Psychologists.
http://ptichkafs.livejournal.com/6256.html

AJ Skatefan
12-02-2011, 08:19 PM
Women can't be Psychologists.
http://ptichkafs.livejournal.com/6256.html

What a jerk.

IceAlisa
12-02-2011, 08:24 PM
:scream:

hanca
12-02-2011, 09:31 PM
What about Yagudin and the book? What do you mean by "trail", Fashionista? What's the Russian word you are thinking of? Rassledovanie?

I think what Fashionista wanted to say, if no one formally reports a crime, no one would investigate it. If no one investigates it, no one can initiate the criminal proceedings, so then there are no consequences...

Similarly, if someone for example attacked you, you have to go to police and report it if you want it to be investigated and than someone be punished. Without reporting it no one can be punished.