PDA

View Full Version : Article re. Russian sports psychologist Rudolf Zagainov (worked w/ Yagudin in 2002)

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

IceAlisa
11-29-2011, 02:44 AM
I googled his name in Russian and came upon a disturbing video, shot with a hidden camera, where he allegedly talks about Yulia Arustamova.

Before I summarize it, is Komsomolskaya Pravda to be trusted or is it just a tabloid?

A.H.Black
11-29-2011, 02:50 AM
Here's a link to a 2007 article about the suicide along with a picture of Zagainov sitting next to Yagudin in the Olympic kiss and cry - http://www.kommersant.com/p778805/Arustamova_suicide

senorita
11-29-2011, 07:32 AM
Back in 2002 I had no internet and no knowledge who this guy is, I thought he might be a second coach seeing him on the boards and in KnC, but I thought his face was rather creepy. Now I know about him, he just ruins a great KnC moment otherwise.

Yukari Lepisto
11-29-2011, 07:54 AM
see? Nicolai Morozov's not as bad as almost everyone on this forum make him to be!! lol

TAHbKA
11-29-2011, 09:00 AM
see? Nicolai Morozov's not as bad as almost everyone on this forum make him to be!! lol

Nikolai Morozov 2002 was allright. It's Nikolai Morozov 2009 that is strongly disliked.

Lsk8ing10
11-29-2011, 03:31 PM
Can someone please say what he revealed about yagudin circa 2002!? that sounds so JUICY! teehehehe :)

IceIceBaby
11-29-2011, 05:41 PM
OMG, I didn't know Makarova works with him!!
He definitely sounds creepy!

quiqie
11-29-2011, 05:50 PM
http://sport.ria.ru/figure_skating/20111129/501203592.html

Ksenia Makarova started working with sports psychologist Rudolf Zagainov, says Ksenia's coach Evgeni Rukavitsin in an interview to R-Sport agency

This season started off badly for Makarova: 2010 Russian National Champion placed fifth at Skate Amerika and seventh at Cup of China. This week, Ksenia will be participating in the fifth event of Russian Cup series in Moscow.

"We started working with experienced psychologist, having discussed it previously with his famous patients, - said Rukavitsin. - We got only positive references. Ksenia's parents, well-known figure skaters Larissa Selezneva and Oleg Makarov, also know Zagainov very well, since he helped them in the past."

Famous athletes who worked with Zagainov: World Chess Champions Garry Kasparov, Anatoly Karpov, Nona Gaprindashvili, Maia Chiburdanidze, Olympic Champions Victor Saneev, Sergei Bubka, Alexei Yagudin.

olifaunt
11-29-2011, 06:36 PM
Why on earth is Ksenia's coach telling the media that she's working with a psychologist? That is no one's business but hers. I don't like this at all. :(

hanca
11-29-2011, 09:40 PM
Maybe playing mind games? Hoping that all the other russian girls will get scared of being hypnotised and start making mistakes at their nationals? It worked once in the past (Pluschenko), it might work again! :lol: :rollin:

kwanfan1818
11-30-2011, 02:14 AM
A better question is how this guy kept getting new patients if presumably it was common knowledge that he writes up everyone he treated in the past? I mean, would you choose this guy as your shrink?
This, although it sounds like his MO is control, and like controlling lovers, can convince people that they are the exception.

Fashionista
11-30-2011, 10:44 PM
Is there seriously a law against sexual relations between doctor and patient in the US? I have always thought it was a matter of ethics.

LynnW
11-30-2011, 10:54 PM
I don't know if there are laws but there are licensing board regulations that prohibit sexual relations between psychologists and patients.

There are Federal and state laws regarding patient confidentiality.

olifaunt
11-30-2011, 10:58 PM
I don't think it's illegal per se, but you can definitely lose your license to practice for breaches of ethical conduct. A mental health provider having sex with a patient is absolutely grounds to revoke credentials.

Fashionista
11-30-2011, 10:59 PM
There are Federal and state laws regarding patient confidentiality.

That's another thing.
Well, actually I wonder why her relatives didn't initiate the law suit against Zagainov. I think they had very good chances to put him into a jail.