PDA

View Full Version : European Men Medals Poll (pre-Nationals)

Pages : [1] 2

haribobo
11-27-2011, 12:03 PM
At this point, who would you predict to medal?

MikiAndoFan#1
11-27-2011, 12:53 PM
Fernández, Brezina and Gachinski.

pinky166
11-27-2011, 04:50 PM
Fernandez, Brezina.

Then one of Gatchinski, Verner, Joubert, or Amodio. Maybe even KVDP or Contesti...

orbitz
11-27-2011, 05:10 PM
It would be nice for Fernandez to medal and maybe even win.

It would also be nice to see the old fart Joubert make the podium :)

Nomad
11-27-2011, 05:14 PM
It would be nice for Fernandez to medal and maybe even win.

It would also be nice to see the old fart Joubert make the podium :)

This. Although I wonder if Joubert will be in good enough shape to medal this year.

mia joy
11-27-2011, 05:16 PM
My money is on Fernandez and Brezina.

Also, Joubert has a strange ability to medal at Euros even during his crappiest seasons (I mean, he medaled at every Euros he ever competed in), so I guess he's not going down without a fight. It's probably gonna be either him or Gachinski join the two above on the podium.

Nomad
11-27-2011, 05:17 PM
Does anyone know if Joubert has recovered from his injury?

judgejudy27
11-27-2011, 06:18 PM
Fernandez, Brezina, and Gaschinski.

briancoogaert
11-27-2011, 06:30 PM
I picked those 3, also.

Zemgirl
11-27-2011, 06:37 PM
Does anyone know if Joubert has recovered from his injury?
Reports right before TEB indicated that he was back in training but not ready to compete and still in some pain. No idea what sort of shape he is in now.

Nomad
11-27-2011, 06:43 PM
^ Merci. i guess I'll wait until Masters and Fr. Nats to form an opinion on his medal chances.

Proustable
11-27-2011, 06:55 PM
Hasn't Masters already happened? I know he got beaten by Amodio at a French-only competition, anyway.

Nomad
11-27-2011, 06:58 PM
Hasn't Masters already happened? I know he got beaten by Amodio at a French-only competition, anyway.

You're right, it has. He finished second.

pinky166
11-27-2011, 08:31 PM

Gatchinski could get it together in time for then, but I wouldn't count out Amodio and old farts Joubert, Verner, KVDP, and Contesti to put up a fight for the podium, they all get rewarded when they skate well, especially in Europe, and KVDP and Contesti have already skated well at one of their GP events (if Contesti could only stop bombing the SP, he's usually pretty consistent in landing his jumps in the FS). Verner scored 156+ at COR last season with no quad, and even though he was kinda a mess at CoC (likely due to his injury), his quad is still there, and he was getting more consistent last season before the injury, so if he can recover, I think he should be a threat, he does have it all. Joubert is basically in the same boat as Verner, but not quite as inconsistent, so he definitely has a shot as well. If Amodio can get his shit together he will score well, and if KVDP hits his quad and 3-3-3, he can jump his way to the podium. If Arthur continues to score in the 140s for his FS I wouldn't say he's a shoo-in for a medal, and maybe not even Brezina either as he hasn't cracked 150 for his FS yet. Not that any of the others have, I just feel a clean Joubert, Verner, or Amodio could definitely break 160, or at least be well in the 150s (but you never know with those three, could also score in the 120s or 130s...). Contesti and KVDP could maybe break 150 which could be enough depending on what others do.

dinakt
11-27-2011, 08:37 PM
I voted for Fernandez and Gachinski. Somehow I think Artur has more chance to get it together than Michal. Despite making the GPF, Brezina's consistency is not that good, so between him and Gachinski it's a toss-up. Javier is on fire.
Joubert, Amodio and Verner might play the spoilers, but all are inconsistent at this point.
KVDP might surprise.