PDA

View Full Version : liebestraum and costume choice

zilam98
11-26-2011, 09:14 PM
so far, the skaters that have used that music in history, either in competition or exhibition (in my memory at least), have usually chosen pale blue or lavender costumes. what's up with that music that influences such choice? does it evoke such color vision with you also?

Vash01
11-26-2011, 09:16 PM
It's a dreamy kind of music, so I think lavender, blue are good choices for costumes. However, Ilia Kulik used white in his exhibition skate years ago and that worked very well also.

IceAlisa
11-26-2011, 09:21 PM
I personally don't get lavender with that music. Blue yes, white even but not sure why the lavender? Is there any particular significance to the lavender and Liebestraum?

masofs
11-26-2011, 09:22 PM
Yeah... For some reason I always associate that kind of music with blue, lavender, white costumes.

Vash01
11-26-2011, 09:27 PM
I personally don't get lavender with that music. Blue yes, white even but not sure why the lavender? Is there any particular significance to the lavender and Liebestraum?

I remember that when M&D skated to that music, the program was called 'dream of love'. She was a cloud, he was a poet in love with the cloud. I think the lavender may have to do with the cloud concept. Since that program was one of the best ever, perhaps the lavender caught on. Light blue is really not that far from lavender. I think lavender gives it a more dreamy look.