PDA

View Full Version : Which men have best chances at Silver and Bronze at Worlds this year

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5

Cherub721
11-28-2011, 07:44 AM
I think that Březina has a tremendous amount of potential which he probably won't realize as long as he's coached by that scumbag Karel Fajfer. I wish Michal would dump him and find someone who could really bring out the best in him. From what I've read, Fajfer's methods are more punitive than positive.

Can you elaborate? I've never heard anything about Fajfer before. Also is Brezina's dad very involved in his skating? Commentators mentioned at CoR that his dad skated with Barna :swoon: and Sabovcik :cheer2: so does he also coach Michal?

Loves_Shizuka
11-28-2011, 07:47 AM
Why is Brezina's coach a scumbag?

For what it's wroth, I think Michal has stagnated just a tad, but I have a feeling it's only a temporary thing.

caseyedwards
11-28-2011, 07:47 AM
I just heard today that Brezina's father sharpens his blades- that seems interesting.

Rainbow
11-28-2011, 09:06 AM
Can you elaborate? I've never heard anything about Fajfer before.

First thing that was more than just rumours about his crude and violent behavior at the rink was, that he hit the then German Champion Daniel Weiss in the face, as far as I remember. Weiss demanded a public apology. Then there was a law suit in 1995 when he was convicted of sexual assault of minors - two years parole and three years ban from coaching. It`s all out there in the open.

Why any parent or adult skater for that matter would want to hire him is beyond me. He should be shunned forever!

briancoogaert
11-28-2011, 12:39 PM
I had 'perfect' in quotation marks. I see Chan as far from perfect, ie. his stumbles on footwork sequences.. and of course jumps.. but the judges seem to see him as 'perfect' and reward him even when he has a bad skate, because of his skating skills or whatever. Elvis didn't get that same love. If he didn't nail his quads, he lost; you wouldn't see him winning a competition with three or four falls. It's almost impossible for Chan to lose anything in the judges' eyes. Sorry if this sounds like I'm bashing Chan, I actually quite like him, but I'm just pointing out a trend.
The problem is that his PCS are really above anyone else's, and it's well deserved IMO (at least for SS, TR, CH ...). Plus, his technical content is one of the best (2 quads, 3Axel, 3/3, steps and spins level 3 or 4). So, he is a very complete skater.
Skaters with a better technical content don't have his glide, and skaters with a good glide don't have his technical content or aren't consistent.
That's why he won no matter what, the others must be perfect to beat him. I don't complain since I love watching him on the ice.

Frau Muller
11-28-2011, 03:23 PM
Where's Chan on the list? I'd vote Chan and Fernandez. My choice to win gold is Tak.

Cherub721
11-28-2011, 05:20 PM
First thing that was more than just rumours about his crude and violent behavior at the rink was, that he hit the then German Champion Daniel Weiss in the face, as far as I remember. Weiss demanded a public apology. Then there was a law suit in 1995 when he was convicted of sexual assault of minors - two years parole and three years ban from coaching. It`s all out there in the open.

Why any parent or adult skater for that matter would want to hire him is beyond me. He should be shunned forever!

:eek::eek::eek:

viv
11-28-2011, 06:22 PM
Actually I think that Takahashi will win gold and Chan silver, with Brezina, Abbott and Kozuka fighting for bronze.

viv
11-28-2011, 06:27 PM

I agree. But the Weiss case didn't have anything to do with the sexual assault law suit, which was about young female skaters; this was a bit unclear in your post. But yes, I also think he should have got a lifetime ban.

t.mann
11-29-2011, 05:46 AM
I really hope that a SS god, two artists are on the podium.
Yes. Chan, Dai, Abbott. In any order.

Nomad
11-29-2011, 05:52 AM
Why is Brezina's coach a scumbag?

For what it's wroth, I think Michal has stagnated just a tad, but I have a feeling it's only a temporary thing.

I'll have to do some research to try to find the articles, but some years ago Fajfer made news in the German press for allegedly molesting his female students and smacking the boys around. I could be wrong, but I don't think so.

ETA: Yes, I remembered correctly. According to Die Welt, 5/12/95, Fajfer was found guilty of 11 counts of sexual misconduct, 2 counts of battery. He got 2 years probation, was fined 25,000 DM, and suspended for 3 years. They should have thrown his sleazy ass in jail. He was 52 and abusing teens; as if the sexual charges wren't bad enough, he was accused of kicking kids in the shins and punching them in the stomach.

briancoogaert
11-29-2011, 12:06 PM
Where's Chan on the list? I'd vote Chan and Fernandez. My choice to win gold is Tak.
Chan is not on the list because we are talking about Silver and Bronze in the case of Chan winning the Gold. ;)

clarie
11-29-2011, 12:58 PM
I'm a great fan of Patrick, but the gold isn't his until he actually wins it, and anything can happen as we all know. I think Takahashi will win this year, as I find it hard to believe that a favorite of mine can win 2 years in a row.

lauravvv
11-30-2011, 10:29 PM
It seems that everyone on here has forgotten about Plushenko, who still intends to skate at Europeans and Worlds this season. Or have you all really counted him out, no matter whether he skates there, or not? I think, if he's going to participate, he will fight for the gold, or at least for silver. With how things currently are, he most likely doesn't have a chance against Chan, if Chan skates cleanly. But if he doesn't - then everything is possible, knowing what a fighter Plushenko is. In any case, I don't believe that he will be off the podium if he skates. From the information that we had about his work I understood that he is adding more transitions and so on to his programs. Of course, it remains to be seen whether he will be able to combine it all with his former great jumps. And whether his health will allow him to skate at all.

Sparks
11-30-2011, 10:58 PM
BOGUS POLL! :mitchell: