PDA

View Full Version : New interview with Jeremy Abbott

Nadin
11-25-2011, 11:14 PM
Jeremy Abbott: “I wanted to find a piece of music where I could just breathe in the program and relax into the choreography”

http://www.absoluteskating.com/index.php?cat=interviews&id=2011jeremyabbott

What an awesome program he skated today, best of luck for tomorrow! :cheer2:

Oreo
11-25-2011, 11:36 PM
What a terrific interview! Thanks for posting. Jeremy so deserves to be on the world podium.

Cyn
11-25-2011, 11:41 PM
Fantastic interview, Nadin -- thank you so much for sharing this here!! :cheer2:

Jeremy sounds really grounded, focused, and optimistic, and he seems to have a good idea of what he would like to accomplish over the next few years.

centerpt1
11-26-2011, 12:01 AM
Great interview.

I like that he is open and not giving the "company line" type answers. (because he really was screwed over by his fed, and the decision not to send him to Worlds was 1) dumb as rocks, and 2) hurt the fed as well as Jeremy.) Likewise- the fact that he's never been invited to Skate America is a slap in the face.

He's one of the very few skaters who pushes for something new and interesting, so I hope he does make it to Sochi. That means a few more seasons of creative and interesting programs.

dinakt
11-26-2011, 12:17 AM
Jeremy :swoon:
Nadin, thank you very much for such a thoughtful interview.

jlai
11-26-2011, 12:29 AM
As much as I would like Jeremy at SA I dont mind that he wasnt here
He does better as underdog and I'm worried about what happens if he's touted as us #1

shine
11-26-2011, 04:51 AM
I just love Jeremy Abbott. LOVE :swoon: He's just his own person, so real.

museksk8r
11-26-2011, 07:23 AM
^ Yes, I find Jeremy fascinating both on and off the ice. He is much like Stephane in that way for me. Brilliant interview! I hope he continues to find comfort and confidence, both on and off the ice. :):swoon:

skatesindreams
11-26-2011, 03:57 PM
Wonderful interview.
He really thinks about skating - and it shows.