PDA

View Full Version : Johnny to be panelist on CNN's Dialogues show.

Pages : [1] 2

judiz
11-22-2011, 03:27 AM
Johnny Weir will be a panelist on CNN's Dialogues show on December 14th. The topic will be “Lesbian, Gay, Bi-Sexual, Transgender: Has More Openness Led to More Acceptance? Not sure if the show is shown live or taped to be shown at a later date.

museksk8r
11-22-2011, 03:29 AM
Johnny Weir will be a panelist on CNN's Dialogues show on December 14th. The topic will be “Lesbian, Gay, Bi-Sexual, Transgender: Has More Openness Led to More Acceptance?

Cool! Thanks for the heads up . . . I'll have to be sure to remember to tune in! Should be entertaining . . . Johnny is so outspoken and very articulate. :cool:

REO
11-22-2011, 04:12 AM
He's getting to be quite the little activist!

aftershocks
11-24-2011, 08:43 PM
Not so "little" REO. :)

Unsurprisingly, I'm so much more interested in what Johnny is doing, than in what Evan is not doing.

l'etoile
11-24-2011, 08:50 PM

Unsurprisingly, I'm so much more interested in what Johnny is doing, than in what Evan is not doing.

:lol: In fact it's hard to deny that the former is more interesting than the latter, ain't it?

Elkmaria
11-24-2011, 09:28 PM
What amuses me is that people keep starting new threads on almost every event Johnny is involved in, although there is a dedicated thread on Johnny news in the Trash Can (and now this thread is on the first page, so it is difficult to miss it). Not that I have anything against these threads, but I cannot help wondering whether there's some flashmob going on :D

aftershocks
11-24-2011, 09:45 PM
Never fear Elkmaria, it is likely more that the main Johnny news thread is not on the first page when posters have been posting new stuff about Johnny. :) I agree that when the MAC news came up, there were at least a couple of threads about that exclusive of the main thread and also the recent unsubstantiated "engagement" news garnered more than one thread.

The fact that Johnny has been super busy with lots of events and newsy tidbits has probably led to the traffic in posts (while the posters may not have checked for existing threads prior to posting).

The upcoming CNN debate should be interesting. I wonder who else will be on the panel. I think the discussion could be good or bad depending on who is leading it and the format. In any case, a very good thing to discuss this topic, although I don't think there is any definitive conclusion. Acceptance and enlightenment will be an ongoing effort/ battle (witness the recent suicide of the young Canadian boy who loved figure skating).

Elkmaria
11-24-2011, 09:58 PM
Never fear Elkmaria, it is likely more that the main Johnny news thread is not on the first page when posters have been posting new stuff about Johnny. :)

I'm not worried about this, I actually thought that the idea of a flashmob would be fun :lol:
As for the topic of the discussion, I agree that it's very interesting and relevant, especially considering the recent tragic event you've mentioned :(

REO
11-25-2011, 03:10 AM
A flashmob that sings his new song would be hysterical.

REO
11-25-2011, 03:13 AM

:lol: I'm certainly with you on that one.

aftershocks
11-25-2011, 05:30 AM
Below are links to more information about the panel discussion, to be moderated by CNN's Soledad O'Brien. Johnny is listed as a panelist in the second link.

http://www.jamesweldonjohnson.emory.edu/update/sub-cnn.htm

https://secure.www.alumniconnections.com/olc/pub/EMR/event/showEventForm.jsp?form_id=116512

--This thread should probably be in GSD for the news value

judiz
11-25-2011, 12:41 PM
What amuses me is that people keep starting new threads on almost every event Johnny is involved in, although there is a dedicated thread on Johnny news in the Trash Can (and now this thread is on the first page, so it is difficult to miss it). Not that I have anything against these threads, but I cannot help wondering whether there's some flashmob going on :D

I'm the one who started this thread and the reasons I did not put it in the existing Johnny thread were, this is not a personal appearance to sell MAC cosmetics or an autobiography. I felt the importance of the topic deserved it's own thread.

museksk8r
11-25-2011, 02:06 PM
I'm the one who started this thread and the reasons I did not put it in the existing Johnny thread were, this is not a personal appearance to sell MAC cosmetics or an autobiography. I felt the importance of the topic deserved it's own thread.

I agree . . . I'm glad you started a new thread for this. I never would have paid attention otherwise. Thank you! :)

aftershocks
11-26-2011, 08:35 AM
A flashmob that sings his new song would be hysterical.
:lol: at visualizing that ...

I agree . . . I'm glad you started a new thread for this. I never would have paid attention otherwise. Thank you! :)

Yes, thanks judiz for starting this thread and posting about the upcoming panel discussion. I too might not have learned about it until after the fact otherwise.

museksk8r
12-13-2011, 02:20 AM
Bumping this since it is in 2 days . . . I just thought about it and didn't want others who may want to see it to forget about it. ;)