PDA

View Full Version : Patrick Chan Uber Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

Skittl1321
12-10-2011, 06:32 PM
As soon as he hit the boards, I thought, " he did a Midori!"

Did Midori hit the boards a lot? The "did a Midori" for me is jumping OUT of the rink...

Tons of skaters have crashed into the boards. It is amazing how fast he got going again though.

IceAlisa
12-10-2011, 06:36 PM
I am also unfamiliar with the Ito crash. I saw something on youtube when she collided with another skater in warm up, poor thing.

floskate
12-10-2011, 06:48 PM
She landed her triple lutz combo and ran out of room just as Chan did. Difference was she was right where the TV camera cut out was so instead of bouncing off the barrier and onto the ice as Chan did, Midori literally fell out of the rink and smashed into the TV camera.

Sweetest thing ever was her going back over at the end of her SP and patting the camera to make sure it was ok.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=zc0qxdfKGGw#t=196s

IceAlisa
12-10-2011, 06:52 PM
:eek: Wow. But what a courageous woman, right back up and out again.

sliver98
12-10-2011, 11:21 PM
Chan wins again yes:D i wonder what the score would have been if he had landed the quads cleanly 190 lol.

marbri
12-10-2011, 11:34 PM
She landed her triple lutz combo and ran out of room just as Chan did. Difference was she was right where the TV camera cut out was so instead of bouncing off the barrier and onto the ice as Chan did, Midori literally fell out of the rink and smashed into the TV camera.

Sweetest thing ever was her going back over at the end of her SP and patting the camera to make sure it was ok.

Thank you for explaining :D That has always been one of my favourite Midori moments :lol:

Bournekraatzfan
12-12-2011, 11:31 AM
sorry, no time to finish my previous post. the point I was making was that it is tough to watch your parents struggle in a place you have been taught to regard as a land of opportunity. That doesn't mean you do not recognize all the privileges you do enjoy...but I think that some frustration is fair. Also, nationalism makes me uneasy (though I do admit to being patriotic during the Olympics:) ) and I don't think it is fair to expect athletes to sing the country's praises. tennisfan has an excellent post about this on the isu boards.

Bournekraatzfan
12-12-2011, 11:35 AM
I thought Patrick was sweet thanking the audience last night. He seems to be loved very well in Canada.

I noticed this too:) I think the audience means a lot to him...he seems to have really focussed on reaching out to them this year. I saw him backstage at SC last year and he seemed to really appreciate his fans. He took time out for pics and seemed to enjoy interacting with people.

Bournekraatzfan
12-12-2011, 11:36 AM

I remember seeing this when I was a kid. She was such a sweetheart:)

a56
12-13-2011, 07:21 AM
I love Patrick! :) Wishing him all the best in preparation for worlds in France.

Bev Johnston
12-13-2011, 04:14 PM
A link and a question for you Canadians.

Here's a link to a blog by Jackie Wong, who happens to be one of my favorites when it comes to diffusing the IJS/Patrick Chan hysteria:

http://www.examiner.com/figure-skating-in-national/opining-on-grand-prix-final-time-to-play-how-patrick-chan-won-again

Also, I am so sick of people saying that Patrick gets a "skating in Canada" bonus. WTF? GP is judged by international judges. And if that's the only reason he wins, how do they explain his Paris win?

Okay, now for the question:

Who is that woman giving all of the skaters stuffed animals and yelling to them at all of the competitions in Canada? She wears a Canada sweater with tons of pins and has a friend who wears a Canadian flag. Just curious, as I see her all the time.

Emdee
12-13-2011, 05:26 PM
I noticed that the woman was not there for the last two days.
I have seen her before in many a competition in Canada and I hope that she is OK.

VarBar
12-13-2011, 07:00 PM
Also, I am so sick of people saying that Patrick gets a "skating in Canada" bonus. WTF? GP is judged by international judges. And if that's the only reason he wins, how do they explain his Paris win?

Let me try. I noticed Patrick speaks French and maybe they gave him the gold because he is fluent in the language of the TEB hosting country.;)

But I can't explain his Japan Open win though.:confused: lol

Bev Johnston
12-13-2011, 07:23 PM
Let me try. I noticed Patrick speaks French and maybe they gave him the gold because he is fluent in the language of the TEB hosting country.;)

I guess he'll get a bonus in China as well, so we're covered there.

professordeb
12-13-2011, 07:23 PM

OK, let's try this ...
Chan has Chinese in his pedigree, China & Japan are in the same geographical part of the world = neighbours, hence he receives gold because "like a good neighbour, the Japanese people are there" ;)
(totally written with tongue planted firmly in cheek and not meant to be serious at all; my attempt at a parody of State Farm Insurance commercial)