PDA

View Full Version : Patrick Chan Uber Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 66 67

clarie
06-12-2012, 12:33 PM
Thanks Naan.......every little tidbit helps, and that's great news for sure. It leaves us all wondering still as to who his coach will be........perhaps he will be working with Jeff.

luckiest1
06-13-2012, 04:20 PM
Another tweet from @TU_LY, retweeted by @PChiddy:

Deep in research for @PChiddy competitive short program. @J_Butt soaring choreography completely inspiring. #FSU

So I guess now we know! Jeff for the short, David Wilson for the long. :)

Emdee
06-13-2012, 04:23 PM
So so happy - I think Buttle Choreo is just what Patrick needs as Elegy showed. I find Elegy calming and soaring at the same time because it appeals to different senses.

vigiliae
06-13-2012, 04:30 PM
:cheer:

Do you all think there is any chance of modifying Elegy into a competitive program? I sincerely hope so! of course it needs a lot of work to become COP-friendly enough for competitions though.

skatesindreams
06-13-2012, 04:53 PM
So so happy - I think Buttle Choreo is just what Patrick needs as Elegy showed. I find Elegy calming and soaring at the same time because it appeals to different senses.

Awaiting his new programs, with pleasure.
I hope he keeps "Elegy" for an EX.
It's simply magical - for all the reasons you mentioned,
I never tire of it, finding something new each time I watch,

spikydurian
06-14-2012, 03:36 AM
Another tweet from @TU_LY, retweeted by @PChiddy: So I guess now we know! Jeff for the short, David Wilson for the long.
Thanks luckiest1.I think Tu Ly read our complaints (of being kept in the dark). Thanks Tu Ly (if you are reading this thread). How about the music details? :P

I like Elegy too Emdee for the same reason. It's a beautiful piece (my kind of music I suppose) ... calming yet emotive without being over dramatic. I have always enjoyed Buttle's skating and it's good to see Buttle working with Patrick. They are both lyrical skaters. I couldn't keep my eyes off Patrick's skating nuances on ice. Simply beautiful to watch. And I agree that it will be interesting to see how Buttle and Patrick can convert this Ex into a competitive piece. Can't wait.

fscric
06-14-2012, 04:22 AM
Thanks luckiest1.I think Tu Ly read our complaints (of being kept in the dark). Thanks Tu Ly (if you reading this thread). How about the music details? :P

I like Elegy too Emdee for the same reason. It's a beautiful piece (my kind of music I suppose) ... calming yet emotive without being over dramatic. I have always enjoyed Buttle's skating and it's good to see Buttle working with Patrick. They are both lyrical skaters. I couldn't keep my eyes off Patrick's skating nuances on ice. Simply beautiful to watch. And I agree that it will be interesting to see how Buttle and Patrick and convert the Ex into a competitive piece. Can't wait.

I so agree with the bold part, it describes what I love about Patrick's skating.

clarie
06-14-2012, 04:36 AM
Yes...catching up again and agreeing with what spikydurian stated. Patrick lets his body of skating express emotion without resorting to over the top facial contortions. I like his style and can see him growing this year with his two new programs.

Thanking Tu Ly for the tidbits of info to some "starving for info" fans :)

walei
06-14-2012, 05:50 AM
I love Elegy but I still wonder how it can translate into a competitive program. A lot of the effects in the program are from subtle and prolonged body positions from Patrick's finger tips all the way down to the tip of his blades. Not sure how it can be changed into a competitive program where it demands constant movements in all directions. I'm expecting a totally new program from Jeff and of course it's going to be terrific!

Bournekraatzfan
06-14-2012, 06:18 AM
Thank you so much for sharing that info with us, luckiest1! I am sooooooooooooooooo happy about this news!

great description of that program. i agree.

Thanks luckiest1.I think Tu Ly read our complaints (of being kept in the dark). Thanks Tu Ly (if you reading this thread). How about the music details? :P

I like Elegy too Emdee for the same reason. It's a beautiful piece (my kind of music I suppose) ... calming yet emotive without being over dramatic. I have always enjoyed Buttle's skating and it's good to see Buttle working with Patrick. They are both lyrical skaters. I couldn't keep my eyes off Patrick's skating nuances on ice. Simply beautiful to watch. And I agree that it will be interesting to see how Buttle and Patrick and convert the Ex into a competitive piece. Can't wait.

Thanks, Tu Ly!
another great description of Patrick's Elegie.

I love Elegy but I still wonder how it can translate into a competitive program. A lot of the effects in the program are from subtle and prolonged body positions from Patrick's finger tips all the way down to the tip of his blades. Not sure how it can be changed into a competitive program where it demands constant movements in all directions. I'm expecting a totally new program from Jeff and of course it's going to be terrific!

great observations, walei. I am confident they can make magic with a new program, so I look forward to seeing what they come up with.

naan
06-15-2012, 05:24 PM
From Japanese fan's twitter :
Patrick Chan (@Pchiddy) did a new EX program with a blue and white checkered shirt at Dreams on Ice! But I don't know the song title.

I heard that new number is "Til kingdom come" by coldplay, but not sure...

Emdee
06-15-2012, 05:50 PM
I absolutely love his Viva La Vida by Coldplay. Hope the new one was also done by Kurt!

Bournekraatzfan
06-15-2012, 07:37 PM
Thanks for sharing that, naan!
Emdee, I, too, hope it was done by Kurt. soooooooooo excited to see video of this program!

sequins
06-16-2012, 12:50 AM
So I guess now we know! Jeff for the short, David Wilson for the long. :)

Really? Truly? :rollin::biggrinbo:biggrinbo:biggrinbo:rollin: Yahoo! Jeffy and Chiddy and a new ex. as well!:D:D

VarBar
06-18-2012, 03:42 PM
Here is Patrick performing in Japan in various ways.:D

http://preview.aflo.com/0/6/aflo_sswa042417.jpg

Deep edges, right?:cool:

http://distilleryimage6.instagram.com/4295a312b83b11e188131231381b5c25_7.jpg

http://distilleryimage7.instagram.com/2a3b19a8b85b11e1b9f1123138140926_7.jpg

http://distilleryimage0.instagram.com/f7adc192b86011e1bf341231380f8a12_7.jpg