PDA

View Full Version : Patrick Chan Uber Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

fscric
05-26-2012, 02:59 AM
shutterbug, thanks for the info. I love Patrick's 2 exhibition programmes by David Wilson and Jeff Buttle, hopefully, they will give him 2 great competitive programmes.

His other coach listed is Eddie Shipstad, does anybody has any information about him? Sorry for my ignorance.

Proustable
05-26-2012, 03:33 AM
He's the guy that holds Patrick in the pole/harness.

clarie
05-26-2012, 03:38 AM
He's the guy that holds Patrick in the pole/harness.

So he's the Colorado connection?............or is that a joke? I'm not familair with the name. I'm really looking forward to what Jeff and David come up with for him though. :)

Proustable
05-26-2012, 04:05 AM
Not a joke (http://figureskating.about.com/od/skatingstarsofthepas1/p/eddieshipstad.htm)

"The work on the harness helped me a ton,'' Chan said. ``It gave me that confidence. Eddie could give me that feedback because he could feel the weight he has to lift. Some days I'll be doing it and he'll be saying, 'I barely even used it, you could have done it that time.' That kind of feedback helped me think, OK, now I can take it off and repeat what I just did and I'll be fine.'"

Skatebuzz source (http://skatebuzz.com/ViewNewsArticle.aspx?id=4ff2f439-51b2-42aa-863d-cf6bc7cfcdfb)

The Accordion
05-26-2012, 04:56 AM
Patrick's Skate Canada bio has been updated: http://www.skatecanada.ca/Profile/tabid/3998/language/en-US/Default.aspx?strregid=1358573&strcategory=single&strbiocategory=Senior Men&strlanguage=E Choreographers listed are David Wilson and Jeff Buttle........

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

SUCH A HAPPY DANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

spikydurian
05-26-2012, 04:58 AM
Thanks Shutterbug & Proustable for the updates. David and Jeff are listed as Patrick's choreographers on Wiki at least a few weeks ago. I thought they are listed because they choreo his two last Ex programs. Does the latest update on Skate Canada means that his coaches and choreographers are official for 2012-2013? Now it makes more sense that he had mentioned he would be training between Toronto and Colorado. Eddie is not just a 'harness holder', he was a skater too so I am relieved. ;)
Can't wait to see what Jeff and David have in store for Patrick's SP & LP programs. If the Ex is anything to go by, it will be sublime versus wild themes. :lol:
Clarie, don't think we need to worry about Patrick. As you said, he's big boy now. He needs to know and drive towards the direction he feels most happy and comfortable with.

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
SUCH A HAPPY DANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Can I join you Accordion? :40beers::cheer2:

The Accordion
05-26-2012, 05:07 AM
Can I join you Accordion? :40beers::cheer2:

By all means! I have a lot of happy dance energy from this announcement!

:)

Bournekraatzfan
05-26-2012, 06:19 AM
Thanks for the info, shutterbug and fscric:)

...David and Jeff are listed as Patrick's choreographers on Wiki at least a few weeks ago. I thought they are listed because they choreo his two last Ex programs. ...

I read that the same way. I will wait til we get official confirmation. but i still like the happy dances:)

ali_dorate
05-26-2012, 08:39 AM
Patrick's Skate Canada bio has been updated: http://www.skatecanada.ca/Profile/tabid/3998/language/en-US/Default.aspx?strregid=1358573&strcategory=single&strbiocategory=Senior Men&strlanguage=E Choreographers listed are David Wilson and Jeff Buttle........

I found that update when I saw it a couple of weeks before, in early May IIRC.

As Patrick said "Until I have a program done, I’m not going to make any announcements.” a few days ago, the profile information of Skate Canada is definitely about his EX choreographers.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to hearing from him soon.

Yet I'm still worrying about his coach.
It's quite normal that a skater doesn't announce his/her new choreographer until the program is done. But why coach? I don't see any reason for him not to announce his new coach. Does it mean when they work together and won't get along, he again has to find another coach?

skatesindreams
05-26-2012, 03:16 PM
More about Eddie Shipstad, and the Shipstad family:
http://web.icenetwork.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20080408&content_id=47153&vkey=ice_news
http://www.rmfsc.org/bioEddieShipstad.shtml

Sylvia
05-26-2012, 03:43 PM
Eddie Shipstad was interviewed, along with Christy Krall and Kathy Johnson, in the 20-minute Canadian news feature that aired before 2012 Worlds: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKBUMs9kkk8

shutterbug
05-26-2012, 03:58 PM
As Patrick said "Until I have a program done, I’m not going to make any announcements.” a few days ago, the profile information of Skate Canada is definitely about his EX choreographers.

I wondered about that too. Typically the choreographers listed in the Skate Canada bios are for the competitive programs, but who knows? Possibly Skate Canada is now using Wiki as a source. :lol: I wouldn’t be surprised at all however to see David and/or Jeff doing at least one of Patrick’s competitive programs for the upcoming season. The exhibitions were most likely trials to assess compatibility. I thought both numbers were excellent, but there was a real “rightness” to Elegie. We shall see I guess!

skatesindreams
05-26-2012, 04:21 PM
There was a real “rightness” to Elegie.

I hope it will be as the 1999 Worlds EX "Red Violin" was for Ms. Kwan; a taste of great things to come.
Meanwhile, I'm collecting all the video of the program I can find!

spikydurian
05-26-2012, 11:20 PM
Anyway, I'm looking forward to hearing from him soon.

Yet I'm still worrying about his coach.
It's quite normal that a skater doesn't announce his/her new choreographer until the program is done. But why coach? I don't see any reason for him not to announce his new coach. Does it mean when they work together and won't get along, he again has to find another coach?

Thanks Sylvia and Skatesindreams for the updates and vids on Eddie. Maybe, Eddie and Kathy are his only coaches? Eddie wasn't listed as current coach in the Wiki info before (only Kathy).
To think that we have finally got to know who his new choreo/s are and all the excitement, and now we have to wait for the official announcement. Patrick never cease to bore us. :lol:

VarBar
05-27-2012, 01:37 AM
Eddie doesn't seem to be a recent addition to Team Chan as the Shipstad bio skatesindreams posted writes that he joined the full-time coaching staff at the Colorado Springs World Arena and the Broadmoor Skating Club some time in 2008 and I'd assume he started helping Patrick with the quad and 3A soon after Patrick had moved to Christy Krall. The man with a huge fishing pole whose job is trying to skate as fast as Patrick Chan - as Eddie described himself - taking the role of Patrick's new technical coach wouldn't come as such a surprise to me if I think of what Chan said not a long while ago, that he will keep his training base in Colorado Springs with more frequent visits to Toronto. Would his new coach be working in Canada/Toronto area, wouldn't Patrick want his training base to be in that area?

I have no doubt in my mind that at least David Wilson - if not also Jeffrey Buttle - is Patrick's new choreographer. Hopefully Patrick won't choose to make me feel dumb though by coming up with programs choreographed by Kurt Browning for instance and so proving me wrong.:lol: