PDA

View Full Version : Patrick Chan Uber Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

PCFan
04-21-2012, 02:24 AM
^^^

Yes, it is too early to say Patrick's difficulty with the 3A was due to the split, but I just happen to be a worrywart. I'm sure once his new team is assembled, I will be able to relax....I hope.;)

clarie
04-21-2012, 02:58 AM
The road to greatness is never smooth. There are always some speed-bumps along the way and Patrick just hit one. He will regroup with his new team. There's just too much talent there, and he has proven himself to be a great competitor at such a young age. Remember, he's only just turned 21. The men he is competing against are all several years older. :)

DickButtonFan
04-21-2012, 03:00 AM
He probably was just really tired, I'm sure he took some major days off after worlds and then you add in the pressure of skating after winning worlds and after splitting with his coach. So really don't think it's that he lost his jumps.

Bournekraatzfan
04-21-2012, 03:31 AM
I'm just curious, and I'm asking as someone who likes both Patrick and Daisuke, as well as Jeremy and others, but you're so quick to throw out the term "haterz"; do you also consider yourself "haterz" too? I mean, you're doing the same thing--criticism, sarcasm, etc, against the opponent.

just touching on some of the things clarie and jl22aries and others have mentioned:
It may seem like most Patrick fans engage in the kind of behaviour you are describing because the ones who do post very often. And based on the volume of those kinds of posts, which many of us have said we'd rather not see in this thread, and that really only originate from a small group of people, all Patrick fans come to be seen as hostile ubers or haterz, as the case may be. And I know there is this perception that we ourselves throw that term around and use it lightly, but when many of us use it we are describing a very specific group of people who seem incapable of discussing anything having to do with figure skating without completely trashing Patrick and his skating, calling him or his fans names, and/or speaking to us in a very condescending manner. And on top of that, we get accused of attacking anyone who critiques Patrick in any way when we are actually only calling out a very specific type of poster. It can be frustrating, to say the least. We just want to engage in respectful discussion about all the amazing things these skaters have to offer.

Bournekraatzfan
04-21-2012, 03:38 AM
^^^

Yes, it is too early to say Patrick's difficulty with the 3A was due to the split, but I just happen to be a worrywart. I'm sure once his new team is assembled, I will be able to relax....I hope.;)

I can be a worrywart, too, so I understand;)

Bournekraatzfan
04-21-2012, 03:40 AM
and yes, jl22aries, great idea! I am a proud Chan Fan! :cheer:

Bournekraatzfan
04-21-2012, 03:45 AM
Here's an article from the Toronto Star with a nice picture of Dai and some quotes from Dai and Patrick:

http://www.thestar.com/sports/figureskating/article/1165018--patrick-chan-loses-to-daisuke-takahashi-in-figure-skating-world-team-trophy

“You win some and you lose some,” Chan said. “It was a great season for me, I had a lot of success. This is a great result for Daisuke, he was under more pressure here than anyone else.”

awwww...:)

elle123
04-21-2012, 04:55 AM
Here's an article from the Toronto Star with a nice picture of Dai and some quotes from Dai and Patrick:

http://www.thestar.com/sports/figureskating/article/1165018--patrick-chan-loses-to-daisuke-takahashi-in-figure-skating-world-team-trophy

“You win some and you lose some,” Chan said. “It was a great season for me, I had a lot of success. This is a great result for Daisuke, he was under more pressure here than anyone else.”

awwww...:)

Let's follow Patrick's and Daisuke's lead and respect the talent of all these high calibre athletes and what they bring to the sport. They're all amazing athletes and they wouldn't be at the top of the world if they weren't.

Bournekraatzfan
04-21-2012, 10:21 PM
Let's follow Patrick's and Daisuke's lead and respect the talent of all these high calibre athletes and what they bring to the sport. They're all amazing athletes and they wouldn't be at the top of the world if they weren't.

Well said :)

spikydurian
04-21-2012, 11:03 PM
Indeed. We better enjoy their skates before they retire and the next talented generation takes over.

idee123
04-22-2012, 06:13 AM
Patrick posted about Randy Starkman on his Facebook 5 hours ago.

"On Randy Starkman

I was absolutely shocked and really sad.

Randy, as a writer, your journalism always carried with it an inspiring charisma and excitement for the amateur athletic scene. You were truly the best at bringing our stories to life.

As a friend, your personality and sense of humour made you extraordinarily likeable. You always had my back and were always someone I could talk to when I had something to get off my mind.

You will be missed dearly by the sports community. You will be missed dearly by those who knew you. Thank you, Randy, for being a genuine writer and friend."

spikydurian
04-22-2012, 07:09 AM
Patrick posted about Randy Starkman on his Facebook 5 hours ago.

"On Randy Starkman

I was absolutely shocked and really sad.

Randy, as a writer, your journalism always carried with it an inspiring charisma and excitement for the amateur athletic scene. You were truly the best at bringing our stories to life.

As a friend, your personality and sense of humour made you extraordinarily likeable. You always had my back and were always someone I could talk to when I had something to get off my mind.

You will be missed dearly by the sports community. You will be missed dearly by those who knew you. Thank you, Randy, for being a genuine writer and friend."

Thanks idee123. I don't really know Randy as I am not Canadian. But based on the few articles he wrote, he seems like someone who always stick up for the amateur athletes .. a sports writer and friend indeed. Sniff sniff ... nice heartfelt words from Patrick.

spikydurian
04-22-2012, 01:56 PM
http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5hfzf7R6sY5MObT67_0LMaFYpz28w?docId=CNG.e12e3 cc2502c6eda2f974e27df549661.1b1

Nice to know that two of my favourite skaters speak well of each other. That's sportmanship! :)

sequins
04-22-2012, 04:23 PM
http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5hfzf7R6sY5MObT67_0LMaFYpz28w?docId=CNG.e12e3 cc2502c6eda2f974e27df549661.1b1

Nice to know that two of my favourite skaters speak well of each other. That's sportmanship! :)

Once again to bad some 'fans' can't learn a lesson from it. I'm a proud Chan fan(and Canadian) too no matter what anyone throws at him and I love Dai's skating as well and they both seem like great people which means more than anything.

Anyone catch Meryl's slapping Chan's hand during the medal ceremony at WTT:lol: cute.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGdT3w41a6M

Jammers
04-22-2012, 06:31 PM
Meryl is a sweetheart but she would cut a bitch if necessary. :lol: