PDA

View Full Version : Patrick Chan Uber Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

fscric
04-20-2012, 12:57 PM
I think we should be grateful that Patrick still keeps his LP world record. :D

kylet3
04-20-2012, 01:05 PM

And overall too :D The haterz are just ridiculous in their criticism of Chan. No he didn't have his best skate but of course they're going to poo-poo all over the fact that what he does out there is 95% better than the rest of his competition. I don't get all the :swoon: for Takahashi either but that's just me. I thought based on his tech content, that the SP was an overscore :blah: If he'd have done quad-triple then yeah I could agree with the score but he didn't. Personally, Dai's jump technique drives me nuts.

He couldn't ask for much more this season though, went pretty well undefeated and had some fabulous skates along the way! Hope he can keep it up for next year :)

a56
04-20-2012, 01:53 PM
Well, I guess his haterz have nothing to complain about now. Look who wuzgifted this time. It certainly wasn't Patrick. What a "cheezefest" of a competition, and after reading some comments, I sick of the "Canada" haters too.
I totally agree. I'm so tired of the Patrick haters. Worlds is what matters, not a cheesefest with inflated scores for host country skaters. I'm just happy that Patrick won worlds again, hope he has a lot of well deserved rest, and comes back strong next season.

VarBar
04-20-2012, 04:25 PM
Well, I guess his haterz have nothing to complain about now. Look who wuzgifted this time. It certainly wasn't Patrick. What a "cheezefest" of a competition, and after reading some comments, I sick of the "Canada" haters too.

Did you notice the progress Daisuke has made in skating skills and transitions/linking footwork between Worlds and World Team Trophy? From 8.71 to 9.32 and from 8.14 to 9.04 respectively. Just amazing, Patrick must be green with envy.;)

But Daisuke deserved to win by all means, Patrick looked pretty tired today and left 8.30 points on the table just in base value, not to mention the GOEs.

:lol:

ponta1
04-20-2012, 05:40 PM
I'm just curious, and I'm asking as someone who likes both Patrick and Daisuke, as well as Jeremy and others, but you're so quick to throw out the term "haterz"; do you also consider yourself "haterz" too? I mean, you're doing the same thing--criticism, sarcasm, etc, against the opponent.

clarie
04-20-2012, 09:14 PM
I'm just curious, and I'm asking as someone who likes both Patrick and Daisuke, as well as Jeremy and others, but you're so quick to throw out the term "haterz"; do you also consider yourself "haterz" too? .

No, not at all :). Most of us have a great deal of respect for all the skaters, and I just think that Patrick deserves respect as well, but unfortunately, he gets much vitriol spewed against him personally and well as for his skating, and that's not fair nor right.

ponta1
04-20-2012, 09:33 PM
No, not at all :). Most of us have a great deal of respect for all the skaters, and I just think that Patrick deserves respect as well, but unfortunately, he gets much vitriol spewed against him personally and well as for his skating, and that's not fair nor right.

I'm not sure I agree about the respect for all the other skaters. I've seen fans of Patrick who have said things like Daisuke was overscored, he wuzgifted, has bad technique, Hanyu is overrated, Jeremy is blah blah, etc. etc. etc. Looks to me like it goes both ways--everyone should just enjoy all the skaters, faults and all.

jl22aries
04-20-2012, 10:26 PM
I'm not sure I agree about the respect for all the other skaters. I've seen fans of Patrick who have said things like Daisuke was overscored, he wuzgifted, has bad technique, Hanyu is overrated, Jeremy is blah blah, etc. etc. etc. Looks to me like it goes both ways--everyone should just enjoy all the skaters, faults and all.

I'd say out of the...almost a hundred or so posters in this thread (and the thousands of silent lurkers), only a handful (not even...maybe two) might fit your description. The rest of us, no matter how thick our skin is or how logically we remind ourselves to dismiss the Fanatical Hater, we feel hurt by all the inexplicably mean things said about Patrick, and by extension, all the hurtful things said about his fans. And we're just here to celebrate Patrick and to connect with each other. So let us be.

spikydurian
04-20-2012, 10:35 PM

Agree. The hatezs will perpetually find faults with others and throw unwarranted insults.

Ah … some haterz should know what it is like when their favourite skaters are being personally attacked and nit-picked on! “Wuzgifted, wuzrobbed, bad technics….overrated, ” all picked up from those who perpetually pick on Patrick . Making mountains out of molehills is another example. Mind you, even Canada was picked on in the insults game. We can always play the haterz game if we wish to but we will not stoop that low (hopefully). But you never know when one is pushed too far. :D

The posters here are not insulting other skaters. We heap praise when praise is due and we do try to look at the goodness of most things ie. half full instead of half empty. We may disagree on factual matters but we don’t attack others PERSONALLY . Surely, everything said here is nothing compared to the sneers and insults of other haterz. Should I come up with a comparison list – Patrick haterz insults vs Patrick ubers insults?? :P

ponta1
04-20-2012, 10:38 PM
I'd say out of the...almost a hundred or so posters in this thread (and the thousands of silent lurkers), only a handful (not even...maybe two) might fit your description. The rest of us, no matter how thick our skin is or how logically we remind ourselves to dismiss the Fanatical Hater, we feel hurt by all the inexplicably mean things said about Patrick, and by extension, all the hurtful things said about his fans. And we're just here to celebrate Patrick and to connect with each other. So let us be.

Well then, I'd call what you have "selective reading"....

jl22aries
04-20-2012, 10:47 PM
In this thread, Ponta? Or are you counting ALL threads? Because I gotta say, I am protective of this thread because it's supposed to be, like, THE ONLY SAFE PLACE FOR PATRICK FANS! And I think for the incredibly majority, people here are on the level.

I mean, maybe I have selective reading? I'm always open to possibilities (always be suspicious of someone with unbudging convictions). But I read every post and I'm alright in the level headed, critical, memory retaining, intellect capacity. I mean I'm no genius, but I think I'm alright on that count so I really think the vast majority here should be given credit for being pretty amazing posters and if anything, we should all be given credit for being able to hold our tongues. It is SO HARD not to become angry and defensive, and maybe just let a mean comment slip, just because you're constantly dealing with negativity, even in your safe place! It's like you're in your own home and for some reason all these strangers barge in and shit on everything. Really hard not to feel like pulling a monkey stunt and throwing some back. I try not to do it on principal but man, it is DIFF I CULT.

jl22aries
04-20-2012, 10:50 PM
Seriously, people am I right? All you lurkers! I know these are dangerous times to be a Patrick fan, but I say we RECLAIM this space!!! We have the power to show that it is safe to say PATRICK IS AN AMAZING SKATER AND I AM A FAN.

:):lol:

professordeb
04-20-2012, 10:53 PM
Patrick IS an amazing skater and I will ALWAYS be a fan.

spikydurian
04-20-2012, 11:10 PM
I am Patrick-uber. I love Patrick. Patrick is fun. Patrick is great. :respec::cheer2::cheer::lol:

VarBar
04-20-2012, 11:22 PM
I have no problem with people questioning the scores and placements, but I find it really frustrating when people post ad nauseum about how obvious it is that Patrick is always egregiously overscored without ever citing the rules and requirements of COP and explaining how these rules were incorrectly applied or dismissed altogether. Then, when some people actually do reference the requirements and protocols in explaining why Patrick might have received the scores he did, some of these rabid anti-fans jump all over them, twist their words, and dismiss them as mindless, overly-sensitive, defensive and aggressive Patrick fans (who apparently comprise a homogeneous entity). As Varbar and many others (not all of them even Patrick fans) have pointed out, there are reasons why Patrick is able to earn such high scores even when he doesn't skate his best. If people want to argue about how much of a cushion he has or should have, that's fine. But when they act like the numbers are simply pulled out of thin air and respond to those who challenge them with aggression, hostility, and derision, it can be :wall: :mad:.

I would say that's a pretty accurate definition of a hater and I bolded a few words in your post in the hope it would help others tell the difference between criticism and obsessive hate. I may not like all the skaters but I don't make my daily routine out of repeatedly posting on sites how awful I think their skating is. Patrick's haters seem to be even busier hating Patrick than loving their own favorites.:lol:

Please tell me I have nothing to worry about, but this is the first time in awhile that Patirck has missed his nemesis, the 3A. My concern is that Patrick finally got it somewhat consistant and this was largely due to Christy Krall's expertise and vigilance. I hope Patrick finds a coach equally effective in helping him tame the 3A because Kathy is not that person.

Wouldn't it be too early to say Patrick couldn't control his 3 axels because he and Krall split up? Just asking, I am not a skater and I have no clue as to how quickly a skater loses his consistency on jumps whether from lack of practice or lack of professional guidance.

Btw, when exactly did Patrick start working with Johnson, anyone know?

A group photo from WTT.

http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/303336_403473276344286_255007411190874_1416753_158 5704698_n.jpg