PDA

View Full Version : Patrick Chan Uber Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

fscric
04-19-2012, 06:30 AM
Add me to the 'Chan-Buttle collaboration' group.

skatesindreams
04-19-2012, 05:43 PM
I'd love to see them continue to work together.
I hope it happens.

Bev Johnston
04-19-2012, 07:39 PM
Patrick in 2nd after the short at WTT and people are STILL bitching. How boring. I think they all need a new hobby.

Go Patrick!

elle123
04-19-2012, 08:54 PM
Patrick in 2nd after the short at WTT and people are STILL bitching. How boring. I think they all need a new hobby.

Go Patrick!

SHOCKER! haha

Well, the haters are about to be Aranjuez'ed!

VarBar
04-19-2012, 08:58 PM
I would invite any of Patrick's competitors to take any of his two programs and try to skate it, with Patrick's edge work, with his transitions and ice coverage and at Patrick speed please, I'd be really interested to see how they'd handle everything.

Is it just me thinking Patrick looked relieved in the Kiss & Cry? lol

ITA, a Jeff is a great example of a skater who really made COP work for him. I'm also curious to know if this is just a rumour.

They say there is no smoke without fire.;) Also curious to know how far Patrick means to go with "revamping his team".

spikydurian
04-19-2012, 09:19 PM

:lol: No they won't stop until Patrick retires Bev Johnston. Like you said, they have nothing better to do and that is likely to be their personalities too. They see Patrick as a hurdle for their favourites, they want their favourites to win so the only way they can get their frustuations out is to whine, bitch and sneer.

They are dysfunctional fans - the negative side of fandom. I was trying to find reasons to such behaviours and came across a psychology journal where studies indicated that dysfunctional fandom correlates to bullying behaviors in childhood ie. these people are likely to be bullies in schools too.

I would invite any of Patrick's competitors to take any of his two programs and try to skate it, with Patrick's edge work, with his transitions and ice coverage and at Patrick speed please, I'd be really interested to see how they'd handle everything.
Empty vessles make the most sound.

Is it just me thinking Patrick looked relieved in the Kiss & Cry?
They say there is no smoke without fire.Also curious to know how far Patrick means to go with "revamping his team".

He must be tired. He went travelling to Singapore and Indonesia didn't he after the Worlds so I doubt there was much preparation. Oh yes, I am dead curios too. Can't wait to know who his 'revamped team' is. This year is the time to try something different to see whether it works.

jl22aries
04-19-2012, 10:35 PM
Another way of naming the dysfunctional fan is to take a look at the meaning of Fanaticism. It is a devotion to an opinion or belief that is beyond reason, logic, and counterpoint of thought. The Fanatic is incapable of seeing their view from any other angle, and is hostile to counterviews and those that hold them. I would say their sense of reason is warped to the point of being a behavioural handicap.

So guys, really, don't take it seriously. Just be glad you don't have to encounter these people in your real lives.

On another note, I was thinking: do you guys think that his work with Kathy might open him up to a whole new set of musical repertoire? Even if he continues work with Lori, or works with another familiar name for choreo, perhaps Kathy's dance background brings with it all this music that might not be as well known in the skating world. I am excited by this thought.

I thought the WTT sp was so much fun to watch, and the boys did all the work and I just had a good time. Looking forward to tonight!

PCFan
04-19-2012, 10:41 PM
Please tell me I have nothing to worry about, but this is the first time in awhile that Patirck has missed his nemesis, the 3A. My concern is that Patrick finally got it somewhat consistant and this was largely due to Christy Krall's expertise and vigilance. I hope Patrick finds a coach equally effective in helping him tame the 3A because Kathy is not that person.

spikydurian
04-19-2012, 10:43 PM
Another way of naming the dysfunctional fan is to take a look at the meaning of Fanaticism. It is a devotion to an opinion or belief that is beyond reason, logic, and counterpoint of thought. The Fanatic is incapable of seeing their view from any other angle, and is hostile to counterviews and those that hold them. I would say their sense of reason is warped to the point of being a behavioural handicap.

Well said. Thank you.

fscric
04-19-2012, 11:25 PM
After reading the whining about Patrick's skate and score, I expected to see a lacklustre or even lifeless skate from him. Except for the fall, he looked more relaxed than at World.

I've given up trying to understand the haters, it's obvious they would never change their mind no matter what Patrick does.

Bournekraatzfan
04-20-2012, 02:39 AM

Go Patrick!

:lol: No they won't stop until Patrick retires Bev Johnston. Like you said, they have nothing better to do and that is likely to be their personalities too. They see Patrick as a hurdle for their favourites, they want their favourites to win so the only way they can get their frustuations out is to whine, bitch and sneer.

They are dysfunctional fans - the negative side of fandom. I was trying to find reasons to such behaviours and came across a psychology journal where studies indicated that dysfunctional fandom correlates to bullying behaviors in childhood ie. these people are likely to be bullies in schools too.

Empty vessles make the most sound.

So guys, really, don't take it seriously. Just be glad you don't have to encounter these people in your real lives.

I have no problem with people questioning the scores and placements, but I find it really frustrating when people post ad nauseum about how obvious it is that Patrick is always egregiously overscored without ever citing the rules and requirements of COP and explaining how these rules were incorrectly applied or dismissed altogether. Then, when some people actually do reference the requirements and protocols in explaining why Patrick might have received the scores he did, some of these rabid anti-fans jump all over them, twist their words, and dismiss them as mindless, overly-sensitive, defensive and aggressive Patrick fans (who apparently comprise a homogeneous entity). As Varbar and many others (not all of them even Patrick fans) have pointed out, there are reasons why Patrick is able to earn such high scores even when he doesn't skate his best. If people want to argue about how much of a cushion he has or should have, that's fine. But when they act like the numbers are simply pulled out of thin air and respond to those who challenge them with aggression, hostility, and derision, it can be :wall: :mad:.

But I think jl22aries has a great point and I will try to follow that advice.

SHOCKER! haha

Well, the haters are about to be Aranjuez'ed!

haha, yes they are!

Enjoy the competition, everyone!:)

clarie
04-20-2012, 03:12 AM
I'm hoping he skates "lights out" tomorrow and wins the LP. Then we can all read about how everyone else "wuzrobbed".

fscric
04-20-2012, 03:54 AM
I was thinking this is not some serious competition, just something for the skaters to wind down after a long season. But judging from the reaction on Patrick's score, I guess I was wrong [shrug]. Anyway, I just wish Patrick to have some fun after the difficult week that saw him separating from Krall and possibly Nichol.

clarie
04-20-2012, 12:38 PM
Well, I guess his haterz have nothing to complain about now. Look who wuzgifted this time. It certainly wasn't Patrick. What a "cheezefest" of a competition, and after reading some comments, I sick of the "Canada" haters too.

spikydurian
04-20-2012, 12:51 PM
Well, I guess his haterz have nothing to complain about now. Look who wuzgifted this time. It certainly wasn't Patrick. What a "cheezefest" of a competition, and after reading some comments, I sick of the "Canada" haters too.

Oh yes I read some very uncalled for and crass comments on ISU Facebook (it was next to the ISU homepage) on Canadian skaters. Some posters were sneering at Canada on some threads. Utterly UGLY .. just like the posters themselves! Gosh personally I woudn't touch them with a ten feet pole. Dirty myself in so doing. :eek:

Time for Patrick to sort out his 'team' and we will wait for more news. Stay happy and motivated Patrick. We will always support you.