PDA

View Full Version : Patrick Chan Uber Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

Bournekraatzfan
04-17-2012, 04:44 AM
Hmm, just caught up on the other thread, and I actually think it's pretty (shockingly) bash free, towards Chan at least. (Mrs. Chan should get her own thread. She is sooo thread bombing :) )

Thinking more about the change, it seems like good timing. He'll have one season to get used to a new rhythm before the big 2014, and he (hopefully) won't be feeling stale and unmotivated within that time.

true. I didn't read through the whole thing, but I just saw some snide remarks and a couple of posts in which it seemed to be implied that Chan was disrespecting Krall in making the switch. Perhaps I am reading too much into those posts due to the other stuff I have been reading about Patrick on this board. I agree, not the usual bashing, but some people seem quick to speculate that this coaching change must indicate wrongdoing on Chan's part. I was also reading another thread related to that one, one about who his new coach/choreographer will be, so I guess I am speaking about both and making light of the general trend I have observed on the part of some of assuming the worst of Patrick. You're right, though, it's really not that bad (but poor Mama Chan).

good point about the timing. I hope that everything works out:)

aaron
04-17-2012, 04:50 AM
I guess Patrick needed some change to keep him motivated for another 2 years. I wish him good luck :)

spikydurian
04-17-2012, 07:52 AM
hehe, thanks for the info. so what is the hat one supposed to mean?
:lol: I have never heard of 'pimp hat'! You mean pimps wear green hats with cigars? I want to know what it means too! :D

spikydurian
04-17-2012, 08:02 AM
He's still the Patrick that was moulded by Colson, still the Patrick that was guided by Laws, and still the Patrick who "got his big jumps" through Cristy. He's taken the best from all these amazing teachers and it's all sublimated under his skin now and he's going to continue doing just that with all the amazing individuals to come in his career.

So well articulated jl22aries.

I think when Michelle Kwan and Yuna Kim changed coaches, there were lots of talk of 'disrepectful' and 'negavity'. At the end of the day, it's the skater's decision to make, and destiny only he/she has control over.

Personally, I just wish Patrick all the best and continue to watch him grow.

clarie
04-17-2012, 12:50 PM
He hasn't let us down yet. I'm sure it will all be fine....like jl22aries posted....he will still have all the Patrick capabilities from his past mentors and coaches.:)

VarBar
04-17-2012, 02:15 PM
Which is why I am so glad there are Patrick Fan threads to represent.

I am excited about this change. Change to a new location, fresh surroundings, invigorate his motivation.

Change to new coaching team. New expertise, new perspectives, new lessons.

I remember Patrick said he was feeling stale and was getting bored in Colorado Springs and yet he seems he'll keep his training base there, with just more frequent visits to Toronto. Colorado Springs doesn't sound like a new location or fresh surroundings to me, so I really don't know what to think.

He hasn't let us down yet. I'm sure it will all be fine....like jl22aries posted....he will still have all the Patrick capabilities from his past mentors and coaches.:)

Yes, clarie, but those capabilities have to be maintained and, why not, improved and who is going to help Patrick with it? Patrick has become the norm in terms of quality of skating and quality on most technical elements, he got the highest GOEs overall of all men at the recent World Championships and I wouldn't want him to lose any of that gorgeous quality that he has. I am not implying he will but I have to admit I am a bit worried now. Yes, he will continue to work with Kathy Johnson and Johnson has been working with yet other elite skaters but she is just a dance teacher at the end of the day, not a technical coach for figure skating.

nlyoung
04-17-2012, 03:34 PM
I think we're forgetting here that Patrick didn't "ditch" Krall at all. He chose to lessen her role, probably to get some outside coaching in Canada which is an attempt to improve on his weaknesses and provide much needed motivation to continue to push and improve on the road to Sochi. She chose to end the association as she didn't feel comfortable as a supporting player. I'm sure Patrick would have been happy to have her on hand to contribute to his technical development, but she was unwilling to work in that limited capacity. They both seem to have only positive things to say about each other.

sequins
04-17-2012, 07:37 PM
Wow, big news! I had no idea but I'm not totally shocked as VarBar mentioned I know that he had mentioned feeling bored/stale so I started to wonder if he'd make a change. I'm kinda excited to see what happens. While Patrick is fab the way he is and Kristy did a magnificent job helping him to master his jumps I still think there's more to discover. Presentation wise, choreography and now is the time to do it so I'm looking forward to see what he does next. Jeff Buttle, Kurt Browning choreography would be :swoon: Whatever he does I wish him well and while I wish Kristy could've stayed on in some capacity I'm glad it seems to have been a 'good' split, the one with Laws was kinda yikes.

clarie
04-17-2012, 08:28 PM
I loved Jeff's choreography and because he is familiar with CoP, he should be able to put together a masterful competition program or 2. I don't know how true the rumors are about Lori and Patrick as it apparently comes from a source not reliable....Hoo nose!!!

Bournekraatzfan
04-18-2012, 03:32 AM
I loved Jeff's choreography and because he is familiar with CoP, he should be able to put together a masterful competition program or 2. I don't know how true the rumors are about Lori and Patrick as it apparently comes from a source not reliable....Hoo nose!!!

ITA, a Jeff is a great example of a skater who really made COP work for him. I'm also curious to know if this is just a rumour.

walei
04-18-2012, 03:59 AM
ITA, a Jeff is a great example of a skater who really made COP work for him. I'm also curious to know if this is just a rumour.

#ChanButtleCOPWhoringAllianceFTW:respec::respec:

clarie
04-18-2012, 12:17 PM

Yep, and what the results would be could be amazing :lol:

elle123
04-18-2012, 07:54 PM

Love it!

Bournekraatzfan
04-19-2012, 04:21 AM

This would be a dream team. maybe we need to make a thread for ubers of this alliance;)

They are friends and competed against each other (albeit for a short time), and the gala program Jeff choreographed for Patrick evidences that Jeff *gets* Patrick. He understands who he is and envisions possibilities for who he could be. This is exactly what Patrick needs, imo, to take the performance aspect of his skating to the next level.

spikydurian
04-19-2012, 05:44 AM
This would be a dream team. maybe we need to make a thread for ubers of this alliance;)

Count me in for this alliance-uber thread! :swoon: