PDA

View Full Version : Patrick Chan Uber Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

spikydurian
04-14-2012, 11:56 PM
Margaret Garrison skaters List is up and Patrick is not mentioned so he likely not coming for it. Sad as its a great chance to see him up close.

I shall have to wait for Nationals and of of course Worlds.

At least you still get to see Patrick and others live at the next Nationals and 2013 WorldsEmdee. I don't think I will ever have a chance of watching Worlds FS competitions and will have to contend with live streaming and whatever is downloaded on you-tubes. I live on the other end of the globe. :( :(

spikydurian
04-16-2012, 03:56 AM
Found a not so recent article on Patrick. Like this picture. :)
http://www.sportsnet.ca/more/2012/03/27/patrick_chan_move_to_colorado_career/

Relating to a previous incident where he openly defended fellow skater/colleague, Jeff Buttle in winning the 2008 Worlds without a quad, he said he has learnt 'to keep opinions to himself'. :lol: I think Patrick is still very much an open book! That's him .. LOL.

I would personally speak up for my colleague if I think he/she is unduly criticized. But of course, the media will not be interested in my opinions. :P

Bournekraatzfan
04-16-2012, 04:41 AM
Found a not so recent article on Patrick. Like this picture. :)
http://www.sportsnet.ca/more/2012/03/27/patrick_chan_move_to_colorado_career/

Relating to a previous incident where he openly defended fellow skater/colleague, Jeff Buttle in winning the 2008 Worlds without a quad, he said he has learnt 'to keep opinions to himself'. :lol: I think Patrick is still very much an open book! That's him .. LOL.

I would personally speak up for my colleague if I think he/she is unduly criticized. But of course, the media will not be interested in my opinions. :P

Thanks, spikydurian! I hadn't read that one before.

I wonder how much time he'll be spending in Toronto. I know he has worked with Shae-lynn Bourne and she works out of the Granite Club in Toronto.

The Accordion
04-17-2012, 02:17 AM
So what does everyone here think of the coaching change announcement?

clarie
04-17-2012, 02:21 AM
It's hard to know what the future holds in anything. But change can be refreshing to the spirit, and if that's what Patrick felt he needed, then good luck to him. Krall is not the only great elite coach around so I'm sure Patrick will get comfortable with a new one whoever it will be. He has all the skills and inate talent to succeed anywhere with anyone as long as he keeps his work ethic in force.

falling_dance
04-17-2012, 02:22 AM
From the relevant thread in GSD:

I just worry that he may lose his big jumps.

This is my (admittedly ill-informed, in no teknik) fear. I'd like very much to be wrong in having it.

VarBar
04-17-2012, 02:24 AM
... I'm pretty sure they used the gambling discussion (he mentioned he went to Vegas for his birthday) as a demonstration of how entitled and bratty he was, actually.

Really? Well, that's better than nothing, I was afraid the haterz might have gotten all soft. My apology for having underestimated them.;)

I've just read in another thread that Patrick parted ways with both Christy Krall and Lori Nichol.:eek:
To quote Kurt Browning "This kid is never boring.":lol:

If he made a good move or not, only time will tell, I guess.

Patrick is so cute and good-looking in this medal ceremony montage. Enjoy.:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vx9ZbSwCeTI&feature=g-hist&context=G2d61919AHT4y7iwAGAA

Bournekraatzfan
04-17-2012, 02:33 AM
Patrick is so cute and good-looking in this medal ceremony montage. Enjoy.:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vx9ZbSwCeTI&feature=g-hist&context=G2d61919AHT4y7iwAGAA

He is even better looking in person--like, :hat1: hot

(I meant to say smokin...that is what that smiley denotes, right?)

also, thanks for the link:)

falling_dance
04-17-2012, 02:36 AM
He is even better looking in person--like, :hat1: hot

(I meant to say smokin...that is what that smiley denotes, right?)

also, thanks for the link:)

:smokin: might be a better graemlin to use. I think :hat1: is wearing a pimp hat.

Bournekraatzfan
04-17-2012, 03:45 AM
:smokin: might be a better graemlin to use. I think :hat1: is wearing a pimp hat.

hehe, thanks for the info. so what is the hat one supposed to mean?

Bournekraatzfan
04-17-2012, 03:49 AM
From the relevant thread in GSD:

If anyone is curious about what's going on in that thread, lemme break it down:

This split is obviously because Patrick is :EVILLE:. He is an arrogant ingrate. He must be stopped.

:D

ETA: It's just a few posters, more in the first couple of pages, and it's not that bad. I am more referring to a general trend I have observed here on FSU. There actually is an interesting discussion going on in that thread.

clarie
04-17-2012, 03:53 AM
If anyone is curious about what's going on in that thread, lemme break it down:

This split is obviously because Patrick is :EVILLE:. He is an arrogant ingrate. He must be stopped.

:D

I guess there are some people who are so insignifant they can't help bashing someone at the top of their field. It just shows how small they are to enjoy doing stuff like that :blah:

Bournekraatzfan
04-17-2012, 04:11 AM
I guess there are some people who are so insignifant they can't help bashing someone at the top of their field. It just shows how small they are to enjoy doing stuff like that :blah:

true. I just think it's sad that people do this in such a public way...especially when I hear that these comments have actually gotten back to those skaters.

Another thing I don't understand about the reaction to the split is that the coaching change seems to be driven by Patrick's desire to improve his artistry, something that his critics often identify as his greatest weakness. He just can't win.

jl22aries
04-17-2012, 04:19 AM
true. I just think it's sad that people do this in such a public way...especially when I hear that these comments have actually gotten back to those skaters.

Which is why I am so glad there are Patrick Fan threads to represent.

I am excited about this change. Change to a new location, fresh surroundings, invigorate his motivation.

Change to new coaching team. New expertise, new perspectives, new lessons.

He's still the Patrick that was moulded by Colson, still the Patrick that was guided by Laws, and still the Patrick who "got his big jumps" through Cristy. He's taken the best from all these amazing teachers and it's all sublimated under his skin now and he's going to continue doing just that with all the amazing individuals to come in his career.

jl22aries
04-17-2012, 04:31 AM
Hmm, just caught up on the other thread, and I actually think it's pretty (shockingly) bash free, towards Chan at least. (Mrs. Chan should get her own thread. She is sooo thread bombing :) )

Thinking more about the change, it seems like good timing. He'll have one season to get used to a new rhythm before the big 2014, and he (hopefully) won't be feeling stale and unmotivated within that time.